Did Level-Sync kill the endgame?

EllieAnne

I was running with a guildie (NO! This was not a 'See level-sync is a feature'. The rewards are not worth it. IF l-s did not exist then I would have made a toon to level up with the guildie.) and when I got my Level 80 on Nar Shaddaa I realized that I never ran anything after Ossus with this toon. I was able to max level doing maybe 2/3 of the content viz. never force to run higher level stories or endgame to get the top level.

We often talk about lack of content, gearing issues, finding groups, etc. when we talk about how how players do not run the endgame but I would posit that the real problem is that no one HAS to run endgame and can level up on starter planets through Corellia. What do you think, are the two issues related?

Maybe? But you can't make everyone happy. There are ppl who want to "play their own way", and they'd not be happy being forced to do group or end game content to get gear.

In a perfect world gear wouldn't be used as content..gear should be trivial and everyone should have access to the highest gear. Time should be spent creating content not rearranging the gearing system every year.

I'll go . .Maybe, but leaning more to No

it looks like we're getting level increases faster then content Increases. I Never worried about endgame content/levels . In here there is a lot of content for the 50's.

I seen many players only concern is reaching MAX; level, content, credits, then request for more. When some of that, they had just skipped, pass up. just to reach Max the fastest they can, then leave, and do it again on another game

no one is forced to play endgame, but it does feel like now, we're being Corral towards endgame without content , for it

In other words, for some, there will never be enough endgame content, when feel the need , to explore strange new worlds. To seek out new life and new civilizations. To boldly go where no Sith/Jedi has gone before!

Edited by Achnaattwo

We often talk about lack of content, gearing issues, finding groups, etc. when we talk about how how players do not run the endgame but I would posit that the real problem is that no one HAS to run endgame and can level up on starter planets through Corellia. What do you think, are the two issues related?

Define "endgame."

For me, endgame is operations (and, to a lesser extent, mm flashpoints). Since I can't run ops until 80, endgame doesn't even start until I finish leveling. Level sync has no impact because what happens on a planet is completely irrelevant to what I'm doing, most of the time.

Ditto for people who PvP on the regular, I imagine. They can run lowbie/midbie regs while leveling, and regs w/ maybe some ranked at 80. Their preferred content isn't affected by level sync.

Now, if you define "endgame" as planetary daily areas or maybe just continuing to play story after hitting max level... perhaps? But daily areas in my mind are a combination of busy-work and rep grind, and if you play story it's because you enjoy playing story.

No.

Making the reward system a convoluted mess was a mistake.

I have been here since day zero and a few years ago, we had too many types of currency and bioward combined it all to decrease the amount of currencies, which is what finally allowed people to gain equal rewards playing all forms of content. Now we are back to that again for some reason. Its ground hog day around here.

If you recall before level sync, we were level 55 and that was the worst time. Sub 55 content; which included several operations and like 80% of flashpoint became pointless to play. We just had 4 flashpoints that had been set at level 55 so you just had to grind those things.

Planetary heroics and all that were obsolete and I just spent all day running circles waiting to play one of 4 flashpoints or getting an SnV/TFB group.

Level sync made the rest of the game accessible again