Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

Domious
12.13.2011 , 10:39 AM | #2541
Quote: Originally Posted by Tunkhannock View Post
Figure I might as well get my QQ in.

Don't get me wrong. I agree about the rolling early access. I have no problem with that... it's a good way to prevent a million people in the newbie zones at once and causing the server to catch fire and explode.

It's just the way they're handling it. Tell me when I can play. That's all I want to know. But they won't.

No, they're not telling you when the "waves" are going out. You just have to wait and hope you're getting access.

They could alleviate a lot of frustration and QQ if they just said "Look at the chart. Match it with the date range you submitted your pre-order code. That's when you'll get early access." Period. Done.
that is a great idea, then people will know and can plan their days off to play.

shrumpz
12.13.2011 , 10:39 AM | #2542
Quote: Originally Posted by Drivex View Post
Feel free to check EBay for CE of the game. Alot of people canceling because of this pro launch. Get your Darth Magus Statue.
good i hope everyone does this is dumb.
"He is a wound in the Force, more presence than flesh, and in his wake life dies… sacrificing itself to his hunger."

weezdajuice
12.13.2011 , 10:39 AM | #2543
I feel like I'm at that chinese restaurant in Seinfeld waiting for my table

"CARTWRIGHT! CARTWRIGHT!"

sigh.
Ooh a new private message! False alarm. Just another infraction. Clicking is bad and you should feel bad.

dirgeweaver
12.13.2011 , 10:39 AM | #2544
People need to stop acting like children who think they are entitled to everything that they want.
Ave Imperator! Morituri te salutant!

Aegeus Halifax [BH], Ralidyn Kaer [Dark Jedi] - Tempest SWG

Olocan
12.13.2011 , 10:39 AM | #2545
Where did the op's post go ???

Thunndar
12.13.2011 , 10:39 AM | #2546
Entered my pre order code the 1st day it was available and no email here.
Utini!
Sith Guild - PVE - East Coast - Now Recruiting
CE VIP Remember, in Star Wars incest is OK.

Indurin
12.13.2011 , 10:39 AM | #2547
Quote: Originally Posted by Crumbles View Post
Feel a little sorry for Bioware... For needing to take this kind of crap from impatient brats. "We need to know!" As they've explained they can't give you a specific time since tehy're trying to get it done as fast as possible, but still wants to keep it stable...

Image the kind of crap they'd get if they gave you a time, but then encountered some kind of complications with servers of what not and you didn't get in on the earlier said time? I'm guessing that would result in some peeps heads blowing up....

Be patient and appriciate the possibility to get pre access at all!
Well, the whole reason I preordered it was for early access. I didn't order it until October, and the website I ordered it from didn't mention anything about waves. It just said early access, so I assumed they were just letting everyone who ordered in a few days early. It's somewhat annoying that people who had the extra money laying around when the preorder was first available get an advantage over people who had to hold off until they could afford it, but all I really want to know is why is it like this? I don't understand how this helps them at all, since on the 20th the servers are going to be overloaded anyways.

Jingyjuice
12.13.2011 , 10:39 AM | #2548
Well, everyone proved that this won't be a different forum crowd than World of Warcraft. Hooray. Early access is a priviledge, not a duty. Prepay is part of total pay, not a part of playing early if they don't want to *********** let you. Grow up

romoen
12.13.2011 , 10:39 AM | #2549
Quote: Originally Posted by Prfella View Post
actually they did change it to promise UP TO 7 DAYS

Read: http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20111207
The words "Early Game Access may be up to 7 days." do not translate into a promise of anything.

Read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_language

ghost in the storm
aurora black, empire

Diskombobulator
12.13.2011 , 10:39 AM | #2550
TWITTER SAYS THERE IS ONLY 1 MORE WAVE. I WENT ON MY DADS ACCOUNT WHICH HAS BEEN ACCEPTED TO THE EARLY ACCES AND I GENERAL CHATTED AND ASKED WAVE 3 DATES AN I WAS MESSAGED THERE FROM THE 23rd SO JUDGE FROM THAT. IM PREORDERD THE 28th PROLLY WONT GET IN I HOPE THO. JUST TRYING TO HELP
WILL CAMP YOU. CRY MORE