Next year will mark GSF's 10-year anniversary...

Sorrai

... And while I don't have any expectations whatsoever, I started this thread in hopes that maybe it might get a little traction--enough to perhaps catch the attention of the Dev team and encourage them to scrape something together to commemorate GSF's 10-year milestone next December 3rd, 2023.

With that in mind, I'd like to list a few simple suggestions I think would be great to see for GSF's 10-year milestone.

1. 2 new Maps for both Domination and Death Match.

2. New Starfighter/Space-themed items added to the Fleet Commendations Vendor, including:

New Paint Jobs

New Paint Job colors

Decos

Starship Strongholds

Additional T-7 companion customizations or a brand new Astromech Companion.

Armor Sets

I'll leave it at that. As much as I'd love to suggest more grandiose things like a brand new play mode I feel most of what I'm proposing is at least reasonably feasible.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

part of the reason I never spend CC on ships... it's per character. I'm not spending CC to unlock cosmetics per character. If they had account wide unlocks I would do that, but not per character.

I have a feeling a lot of people are like me, refusing to buy cosmetics for GSF on a per character basis with no option to unlock account wide. That led to GSF basically being a failure when it comes to generating CC sales so I doubt we will see any new skins, colours, or anything with GSF.

An appropriate level of 10-year anniversary gift to the gsf community would be to introduce a new game mode.

But to be realistic, I would be really happy if they at least could fix the most annoying bugs (component deselection, disappearing cursor and the sound bug).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/25/2022 at 8:01 AM, Firelieutenant said:

I would absolutely love some updates for gsf! I don’t expect anything either but a new map, new skins and new mode would be such a welcome update! I have so many points to spend it on and nothing to upgrade! 

This most certainly would be a nice addition.  I like it. 

On 10/29/2022 at 5:27 PM, Firelieutenant said:

Honestly if they could add in our player ships as skins for each ship class as a cartel market item I’d be happy. Imagine flying the bounty hunters ship but choosing it to be either a strike fighter or gunship. Would just bring a whole new level of epic to gameplay.

It'd be pretty cool.

On 10/25/2022 at 3:40 PM, Achnaattwo said:

would be a good time to bring in those missing Stealth ships 🎆

I've always thought the stealth ships should just have the players name removed from the ship when stealth is activated (and it would last 10 seconds at most).

Not seeing a name should be enough to sneak up on most players.

5 hours ago, illgot said:

I've always thought the stealth ships should just have the players name removed from the ship when stealth is activated (and it would last 10 seconds at most).

Not seeing a name should be enough to sneak up on most players.

what about the icon on the mini map ?

I know  there was some info about the stealth ships , somewhere on the forums, but where ? maybe it was one of the other sites I read  them and there abilities

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, Sorrai said:

Have there been any announcements yet about whether or not they'll be doing anything for GSF's 10 year anniversary this December? 

Heck no.

And i'd be legit shocked  if anyone from BioWare even realizes GSF's 10th, much less does anything remotely special for it.  ( like ohhh i dunno, actual development )

Plus, just look at how truly paltry & perplexing the SWTOR  10th Anniversary "celebration" year went last year.  And that was for the entire GAME.

So utterly disappointing how EA handicaps BioWare.

( My only morsal of hope might be that the sheer debacle of this:  https://forums.swtor.com/topic/929314-pts-gsf-added-to-pvp-season-3-track/  ...could spark them to do something  later around Wintertime.  Maybe.  :cool: )

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: why ignore SPACE in a goshdarn *STAR Wars* game?!?!?!!?