PLEASE make sure every Combat Style has access to AOE DR!!!!

DarthEndonae

30% AoE DR is absolutely essential for raiding. From the final build of the PTS, Sorcerer / Sage, Operative / Scoundrel, and Mercenary / Commando were the only Combat Styles that didn't have access to it. PT / VG also had to pick between that and Reflective Armor (which may be intentional).

Combat Styles without AoE DR are at a massive disadvantage and will not get brought to raid nearly as much.

Juggs have lost theirs as well (well they didn't have the 30%, they had 60% on threatening scream, but the entire ability is gone from DPS now). And didn't Snipers also lose their AoE DR on Entrech as well? I don't remember, didn't test Sniper much on PTS, but I seem to remember something like that.

Adding onto this, every single combat style needs to have their threat drop baseline.

Not having access to threat drops baseline and at least opt-in AoE damage reduction on every combat style is terrible.

From what I saw on the PTS, a large amount of balancing and opt-in abilities were seemingly randomly placed.

Hopefully this changes by launch and/or tanks never lose threat and PvE content is properly rebalanced so that AoE DR isn't necessary at all.

Are healers running out of resources without that DR?

If not people might have become far too used to the easymode the 30% AOE DR brought and now that they might be finally required to work harder for it, they dont like it, which is a predictable reaction, doesnt make it right though, if a good healer doesnt run out of resources it could just be a player problem since everything is simply made harder.

Though I agree that if some classes have it and some dont, certain tryhard groups will just discriminate against people which is a problem.

I would have liked for it to be a choice similar to PT for everyone, you lose DPS if you choose it.

Adding onto this, every single combat style needs to have their threat drop baseline.

Not having access to threat drops baseline and at least opt-in AoE damage reduction on every combat style is terrible.

From what I saw on the PTS, a large amount of balancing and opt-in abilities were seemingly randomly placed.

Hopefully this changes by launch and/or tanks never lose threat and PvE content is properly rebalanced so that AoE DR isn't necessary at all.

The purpose of AoE dr is to put non-tanks closer to tanks in damage taken from raidwide sources.

The tank has either 50% armor and a 50/50 shield currently, or 38% armor and a 70/50 shield (ignoring defence chance for the moment) while the dps have maybe 30% armor and 30% dr (I know it varies, up to lightning sorcs with more armor than sin tanks). If they simply reduce the damage from raidwide aoe they'll end up having to compensate by increasing spike damage of single target on tanks, which'd be a ****** thing to do.

So giving AoE dr to all non-tanks is the solution you should champion, not the silly 'let's remove the aoe dr and see more tanks cope with ec nim kephess spike damage all the time!'

Yea they did a bad thing taking out Combat Proficiency too; or taking out 2 of 3 former abilities, limiting it to 1.

Wished they'd had been WISE and instead did this:

--Discipline ONE - get's ability A1 & A3.

--Discipline TWO - get's ability A2 & A3.

--Discipline THREE - get's ability A1 & A2.

They need to learn to offer more good news, not all bad. Was bad enough we lost Combat Proficiency!

Edited by Strathkin