Cosmetic possibility to show both weapons of both combat styles

evolfinal

I don't know if it is already the case but I think an option to display both combat styles at the same time could be interesting as in soldier/agent cutscenes we see our character having both a rifle and a blaster pistol, not sure how hard it would be to implement tho.

Considering they can't show it like you have a double bladed lightsaber when you have one, and all those classes that use a blaster pistol in the cut scenes instead of their actual weapon (one of the reasons I'm glad to switch to styles that they do show), I'd think a bit hard.

Ye I mean obviously for force users or stacking weapons (like blaster pistol/dual blaster pistol, one single lightsaber, dual lightsabers) it would not stack but assault cannon dual pistols could stack and pistol/blaster rifle could stack too, I noticed that a lot of npc already have that cosmetic and that in cutscenes you do have that cosmetic if you don't hold a blaster for example

Considering they can't show it like you have a double bladed lightsaber when you have one, and all those classes that use a blaster pistol in the cut scenes instead of their actual weapon (one of the reasons I'm glad to switch to styles that they do show), I'd think a bit hard.

Has anyone tested if the cutscene-pistols will actually be gone? I figure for that to happen, BW would have to revise all existing Trooper / Agent cutscenes to only add the cutscene gun for the combat styles that don't already use a pistol, assuming it actually works like an equipped weapon and isn't just a prop baked into the cutscene animations.

An Agent-Scoundrel might very well end up with two guns or their weapon being replaced with the cutscene gun.

Edited by Mubrak

Has anyone tested if the cutscene-pistols will actually be gone? I figure for that to happen, BW would have to revise all existing Trooper / Agent cutscenes to only add the cutscene gun for the combat styles that don't already use a pistol, assuming it actually works like an equipped weapon and isn't just a prop baked into the cutscene animations.

An Agent-Scoundrel might very well end up with two guns or their weapon being replaced with the cutscene gun.

I knew I forgot to test out something...

This is just my own theory on the matter, but...considering how past the base game everyone goes through the same cutscenes regardless of class, I believe there is a check somewhere in the scripts that tells the engine when to apply the cutscene blaster depending on the detected class triggering a conversation/cutscene. If that is the case, everything should work just like it is now on live, since despite the new name, the game still recognizes each style as a separate advanced class.

Edited by Negivv