Darth Malgus Reborn armor set not showing up in collections

Darksmiter

Would anyone be able to tell me why the armor set is not showing up on my collections even though i have bought it twice in 2 different characters?

Did you equip it on them? Cartel Market items, whether you buy them from the CM itself or acquire them from another player (GTN, gift, whatever), unlock in Collections only when you bind them to your character. For armour sets, you must bind **all** the pieces. I believe that the Malgus Reborn set has two helmets - you must bind *both* (one at a time, obviously) in order to unlock the whole set.

Sorry if you knew about the "bind all pieces" stuff, but it's not "automatic knowledge scribed in our brains at birth", as it were.

• 3 weeks later...
That worked like a charm, i did not know about eqquiping all the pieces

cheers man

This is a gotcha for many folks, who may delete one or more pieces before the collection is completed meaning they can't grab additional copies in the future.

BTW you can unlock the collected item or armor set for all characters from the Collections screen for a significantly reduced price, gold items are generally 400cc and half that when they periodically hold the 50% sale for collected items.

Another trick for dyes: While we can't reuse dyes, because of the way the outfitter works, we can keep the armor pieces with the dye applied in storage. For example, I have many copies of armor chest pieces with different dyes applied. This way I can 'reuse' the dye, (16 slots is far too few for me). To do this, don't apply the dye in the outfitter apply it on an actual armor piece in your inventory, usually the chest, then add that piece to the outfitter. You can now store that armor piece and reuse it. This is more relevant for dyes like Black and Black or White and White which can cost hundreds of millions of credits or 1000 to 1500 CC.

Edited by seamusmc

This is a gotcha for many folks, who may delete one or more pieces before the collection is completed meaning they can't grab additional copies in the future.

More to the point, they delete (or sell) the pieces they didn't want to wear and so didn't bind to their character. Deleting the already-bound pieces is not a problem.