Levelling gear in 7.0

Craig_Mitchell

Hi Craig_Mitchell,

I'm confirming that what you've listed will not be available. However, most, if not all of their appearances are going to be re-used for the new gear coming in 7.0. If there happens to be some that are not available, we would like to bring those back in the future.

With the creation of Combat Styles, changes needed to be made to the gear rewarded during your Class Story to ensure players would always receive a useable item that matched the proper appearance. To solve this we've created a new set of leveling gear that uses an appearance based on your Origin Story. So if you are a Smuggler playing with a Sniper Combat Style, you will receive gear that fits Smuggler visuals. Gear appearances are unique per Origin Story and per Planet you visit. This new gear will be Bind on Pickup.

As a note, a future goal we would like to achieve is to add cosmetic versions of all Origin Story visuals to planetary vendors as Bind to Legacy items so players can have more freedom to customize themselves or their companions.

That's cool to know because the Tarnished set given to the JK from the Taris class story is one of my fav.

Is there any chance the stygian battlemind lightsaber appearance(and sound) would be among those? its the rarest lightsaber with an almost never used appearance(for modables tho I suppose less important with the weapons being added to outfitter) and sound

This one? I don't think that one will be a part of it, seeing as it's pre-4.0 gear. Besides, the model (not sure about model + sound) isn't all that rare, as shown by the "Similar" tab on TOR Fashion. In my opinion, the rarest vanilla-era lightsaber models are this one and this one.

• Dev Post
Hi Jackie,

Would it be possible to give the same treatment to the old (read: pre-4.0) FP, PvP, quest and world drop sets? There were some sets that have no lookalike/recolored variants, like the Voss-tier RD/TH/TT-16B sets for Troopers and Bounty Hunters.

It is possible! The team has been working to identify appearances that are no longer available to return as cosmetics. We appreciate players identifying any they know.

Is there any chance that the new gear will avoid the bug which makes the current sets display incorrectly when worn by companions in certain cutscenes?

The bug will unfortunately still be present. This is a large factor we take into consideration in our goal of releasing appearance specific cosmetics for players in the future.

It is possible! The team has been working to identify appearances that are no longer available to return as cosmetics. We appreciate players identifying any they know.

How about all the cosmetic gear that dropped from Galactic Command crates? We were told they would be available from a vendor before Galactic Renown dropped, but it never happened. All those sets are just gone. A return of them would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• Dev Post
Must have been a bug with yours because mine were reset. It’s the same when you do a transfer from server to server. There is an actual warning that states your outfits in outfitter will be reset.

Of course that doesn’t mean that everyone’s outfits won’t be reset with this new UI. I too have thought that could be definite possibility.

I wonder if we can ask JackieKo to double check that for us so we know to write down what our outfits are or take screen shots before the expansion.

I’ve 16 outfits per Alt and I’ve 80+ Alts with distinct outfits. I would be very annoyed if I lost them without being able to screen shot each one to remake them.

So Jackie, if you’re still reading, can you please check to confirm we will or won’t need to remake our outfits.

Hey Trixxie,

Confirming that no existing Outfitter designers will be lost with 7.0, so you will not need to remake them.

How about all the cosmetic gear that dropped from Galactic Command crates? We were told they would be available from a vendor before Galactic Renown dropped, but it never happened. All those sets are just gone. A return of them would be appreciated.

Thanks.

They were confirmend to coming back with the drop of 7.0 as far as i know ( i think in the thread discussing the new gearscore levels someone asked about them and i think David Staats responded with they getting readded with a vendor) nevermind it was Jackie

Where is the vendor for command crate shells? These will be available for purchase on a vendor with 7.0’s launch for 3,500 Tech Fragments and 500,000 Credits.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=998303&page=31

Edited by MerlinPotter

The bug will unfortunately still be present. This is a large factor we take into consideration in our goal of releasing appearance specific cosmetics for players in the future.

Thank you for the further clarifications. I'm glad to hear you're planning to add cosmetic sets that don't change their appearance in the future (although this really should have been done sooner if the bug is absolutely unfixable).

Regarding returning unavailable appearances, I can't help much as I was not playing before 4.0, but one thing you should look at is the flashpoint vendor that has some outfits available to purchase for recovered relics. Since the recovered relics no longer drop from bosses and can only be obtained as a one time mission reward, these outfits are very difficult to obtain. You would need to play through the mission on 14 characters in order to collect one full outfit (or 18 if you want both versions of the chestpiece). This system really needs to be revamped, either by readding recovered relics to the loot tables, or by providing another means of obtaining the items.

Edited by Ruvalie

Sorry if that is already answered but there is so many post ....

When 7.0 will launch, as they said that we will not use anymore mods, what is happening of the weapons ?

I mean i love the look of the weapon i choose (and put mods in it), but i guess they will replace the weapons with generic ones for the new stats, so ? what will happens to our weapons of choice ? of the tunings and the crystals ?

All lost and erased ?

Sorry if that is already answered but there is so many post ....

When 7.0 will launch, as they said that we will not use anymore mods, what is happening of the weapons ?

I mean i love the look of the weapon i choose (and put mods in it), but i guess they will replace the weapons with generic ones for the new stats, so ? what will happens to our weapons of choice ? of the tunings and the crystals ?

All lost and erased ?

Typically what happens is everything you have in your inventory stays although it may have it's stats changed which typically results in it being unequipped and placed in you inventory for you to re-equip. Items that are removed from the game become unobtainable by anyone who doesn't already have them (the GTN sale of such items not withstanding). According to Bioware, take that however you want, moded items will be available up to iRating 306. Everything above that will be static gear until 7.1 (the Operation) is released, at which point raiders will have access to modable gear above iRating 306. In theory, everyone will have access to modable gear again some unspecified time down the road.

Wow, a dev answered....

This got me, I literally LOL'd. There is such a disconnect between them and their consumer its crazy. Most businesses would kill for this level of engagement from their consumer, literally pay professionals to acquire the insights freely given here by their base....

Blows my mind how little communication goes between the two.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, can we make sure that this armor will be reused? Tribal Hermit?

That set is not available ANYWHERE. Devs promised to make it available with vendors in an old post, but it never happened.

Hello, can we make sure that this armor will be reused? Tribal Hermit?

That set is not available ANYWHERE. Devs promised to make it available with vendors in an old post, but it never happened.

They already stated that the promised vendor will be implemented and you can already find him on the PTS. Each piece costs 500k credits and 3500 TF.

• 1 year later...
On 11/30/2021 at 3:32 PM, JackieKo said:

I'm confirming that what you've listed will not be available. However, most, if not all of their appearances are going to be re-used for the new gear coming in 7.0. If there happens to be some that are not available, we would like to bring those back in the future. 

As a note, a future goal we would like to achieve is to add cosmetic versions of all Origin Story visuals to planetary vendors as Bind to Legacy items so players can have more freedom to customize themselves or their companions.

Hi JackieKo, although you said that you wanted to bring back the appearances that were removed with 7.0, several of them are still unavailable, specifically the ones that used to be rewarded by the starter planet missions (Apprentice Force-Lord/Boltblaster/Pummeler/&c MK-1 and MK-2). Others are available only via level-based heroic rewards, which means that  higher level characters can't get them. Please keep you promise and make them all obtainable again. Perhaps you could add them to the specialty gear vendors along with the current planetary mission rewards.

If this was ever possible - in 6.0 I pointed out every single kell dragon piece received a reskin. With the exception of Sith Warrior. Jedi Knight, however, did receive its reskin. For some reason specifically warrior was singled out and I had asked one point Chris about it but I am sure it's not of importance. 
This is probably one of the better-looking sets that aren't available and hasn't been available for a long time. While every other class got a reskin for it it is just rather unfair. 
"Concentrated fire" for example is a reskin of Kell Dragon medic gear. 
The "Tormented" set for warriors should have been what the reskin of Kell Dragon was for warriors. There are 3 different versions of the same exact look for "Tormented" armor, one being "Remnant Underworld Warrior" obtained from heroic crates. And the other being crafted is called "Underworld Challenger."
It's hard for me to think they meant to make a third reskin of the same set of gear and simply mistakenly mixed it up with Kell dragon warriors.