Are you devs at least going to try to fix the tendency towards map spam for 7.0?

Craydingus

If one thing has made PvP considerably less enjoyable in the past year and 4 months, it's the game's inclination to spam a particular map 5, 6, 7, or even more times in a row. With a quitter lockout and no means to preemptively select maps, this inescapable repetition can make PvP feel mind-numbing and monotonous. True, when I queue up groupfinder to finish my FP weekly, it's typically an onslaught of Hammer Stations, but somehow, that still feels less purgatorial than voidstar, hypergate, or a particular huttball map getting spammed ten ways to Tuesday in a single evening, or sometimes even for days on end. Also, this is not a "x map is better than y map" post, getting spammed with ANY one map can become stale. FFS, the nights when I do get a decent assortment of warzone maps, it sticks out strongly, because those instances have become the exception.

There are multiple ways you can achieve this; design more maps to put in the same categories as hypergate/voidstar, put hypergate and voidstar together in a category so that neither one can become obscenely dominant, change the huttball maps' pop frequencies to not be more than capture-point maps (IDK about you, but i get huttballs of various stripes a lot more than capture-points), tweak the quitter debuff so players have a grace period to leave a WZ at the beginning (people still get penalized for bailing mid-match, but can now effectively choose their maps), give a map filter, or like with raids, let players know what map they're queuing into so they can decline if it's one they don't want to do.

I'm not saying any of these solutions would be perfect, but please, try something. The current map spam mania is garbage.