Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Swoop Rally PTS Feedback

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SteveTheCynic
05.09.2020 , 06:15 AM | #11
Oddity: I logged out while standing on the Onderon racing platform next to one of the bikes. When I logged back in, I was standing in the water underneath.
Something you find difficult is a lesson on how to play better, not a punishment for playing badly.
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
Latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

SteveTheCynic
05.09.2020 , 06:40 AM | #12
Oddity: In the Beks race on Onderon, when you follow the *first* (branched) jump up out of the canyon, there's a bomb rack below and one above. Tossing a grenade at the one below blows up the rack above. Tossing a second grenade at the one below blows it up.
Something you find difficult is a lesson on how to play better, not a punishment for playing badly.

SteveTheCynic
05.09.2020 , 06:42 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Dislikes:
  • It's too easy to dismount by accident in the Beks runs, because the key "dismount" is next to the key for "trigger fireworks". Please either move the dismount button to the other end of the quickbar, or let me move it myself and, obviously in the second case, have the game remember the changed layout.
Yes, I know, get better at keeping track of where my fingers are, *and* until then turn off the keybind, but it feels ... wrong to have to do that. (Turning off the keybind does work around the problem, but ...)

blluegames
05.09.2020 , 09:09 AM | #14
Were the Missions fun?
Each gangs mission was unique to themselves, but I felt they got pretty boring replaying it on more then one map and other characters, If there was a system like on Iokath that the missions rotate daily, I think it would keep players attention longer and wanting to go back and do more races.

Were the Missions the right length?
They where a perfect length, It didn't drag along feeling like a side mission, it made it feel more like a activity.

Were the objectives for each mission clear?
Beks: Toss Explosive - the containers felt hard too see across all maps, maybe get a arrow to point at it until you get too close to it?
Mines- fun to dodge, but the explosion threw me over a barrier and I had to circle back, outside of the race to find a re entry point, maybe lower the impact or pub invisible walls up on barriers?
Screamers: Flair - I think the cool down on it is a tad too long, adds for a bit of the Challenge, but hard to recover when another stand is right around the corner and it's on cool down.

Which gang's Missions did you like the most? The least?
I really liked the Razor's objectives, felt the easiest to finish, Bek's I struggled with, bomb management felt hard to aim it while trying to stay on track.

Did each gang's objectives make the course feel a little different?
Yes, having to do different objectives made it fun

Were you able to easily stay on the course?
They are a bit confusing the first few times playing it, trying to learn the bike, look at objectives and race, I barely noticed the signs pointing around the track, they are very open, and I liked that, there was a few times I got lost and got attacked on the swoop, maybe that will pose a issue?

Did you understand the bike abilities?
From the staging area to the race, gives you plenty of time to read over the abilities, so yes, I was able to know what the abilities did before getting into the race

Did the speed of the bike feel good?
On the track it feels a bit slow until you use a boost, U think maybe turning the speed up on it a bit would make it feel more like a race, and put a cool down on the speed boosts.

What did I enjoy the most? What did I dislike?
Likes: It's a fun and fresh concept for the game, the tracks are unique to each planet and are built into the surrounding area, The gangs seem neat, can't wait to see the update with cinematic and voice acting. It adds new reputation, and another activity to fill some time in ques etc. Riding up the the race on the bike was really fun (Can I race the gangs on my Kai Zykken mount? )

Disliked: The lack of mission variety for each gang, Tatooine is hard to navigate dust storms, hard to see the razor's objectives because of how bright it is on the ground, Parts of each map are very open, and easy to get lost and turned around. I was really hopping with racing coming to swtor there was going to be a multiplayer aspect to it, Maybe add some group missions? like group up with 2, 4 and 8 people and have a race with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, prizes that give extra reputation and other stuff. Or have a option for an open race where people wait on the start line until more people show up. The jumps on the maps felt clunky, ride up to it, stopped, then jumped. I also feel like the Onderon map feels right in the middle of people doing dailies and story stuff? will this be a issue in the future?

The event has great potential and I love it so far!

CoraxTechnica
05.09.2020 , 09:34 AM | #15
I feel stupid because of all the people who have figured this out but,
HOW DO I FIND THE SWOOP RACES?
This seems really oddly difficult. I opened the new recommendations window (which btw has broken the chat window) and open my log for the swoop races. It takes me to the conquest screen. So still trying to find them, I see it mentions Dantooine.
I fly to Dantooine and... nothing? There's a mission board, with no swoop missions, and I see nothing on the map to indicate where I start this cool sounding content.

Can someone please explain to me the right and fastest way to actually access this content?

So UPDATE:
I wandered around Dantooine long enough to stumble upon the very slowly loading swoop race stuff.
But. I still can't access the content. I have spoken to every NPC here and I am not eligible for any of the conversations. The track sure looks neat though.
I asked in general, and there are about 5 other people just wandering around here trying to figure it out.

Can you please focus on making this content accessible?

SECOND UPDATE:
I noticed the very small mention in the post that "As usual these are found on the fleet"
So I go to the fleet and I've now spoken with every droid and terminal with a hexagon over their heads and still, none of these are swoop missions. There are all the uprisings, warzones, ops, weekly heroics, but I still don't see something I can interact with to access the swoop races.
When I went to Dantooine I did see [Weekly Swoop Gang Mission Termina] but I wasn't eligible for the conversation, again.
I've asked in fleet as well and so far same story, anyone who bothers to respond is also lost.
If you're playing like a subscriber, you should be paying like a subscriber.

HanArcwield
05.09.2020 , 09:53 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by joshselvidge View Post
I feel stupid because of all the people who have figured this out but,
HOW DO I FIND THE SWOOP RACES?
This seems really oddly difficult. I opened the new recommendations window (which btw has broken the chat window) and open my log for the swoop races. It takes me to the conquest screen. So still trying to find them, I see it mentions Dantooine.
I fly to Dantooine and... nothing? There's a mission board, with no swoop missions, and I see nothing on the map to indicate where I start this cool sounding content.

Can someone please explain to me the right and fastest way to actually access this content?

So UPDATE:
I wandered around Dantooine long enough to stumble upon the very slowly loading swoop race stuff.
But. I still can't access the content. I have spoken to every NPC here and I am not eligible for any of the conversations. The track sure looks neat though.
I asked in general, and there are about 5 other people just wandering around here trying to figure it out.

Can you please focus on making this content accessible?
It's like every other event, you need to get to the Fleet and access the event terminal there.
EDIT: Like the Dantooine Event, there is a floating terminal near the elevators on Fleet.

CoraxTechnica
05.09.2020 , 10:06 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by HanArcwield View Post
It's like every other event, you need to get to the Fleet and access the event terminal there.
EDIT: Like the Dantooine Event, there is a floating terminal near the elevators on Fleet.
Thanks, Someone just finally told me this in fleet. I had to pass the info on to 4 other people who were also lost.

I didn't even notice that these were interactible and for me, they didn't even load on screen till I was just a few feet away from them. Apparently i was zooming by too quickly on my way to the mission icons to let these load on screen properly.
Even then, they weren't glowing blue or causing my cursor to become a finger to indicate I can interact with it.
If you're playing like a subscriber, you should be paying like a subscriber.

SteveTheCynic
05.09.2020 , 10:16 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by HanArcwield View Post
There is, and for me it was *broken* in an unsubtle way. It loaded very, very slowly, leaving just the mission triangle floating way up high. When it did load in, the floating terminal floated below the level of my character's head.

HanArcwield
05.09.2020 , 10:18 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielSteed View Post
Hello everyone!

The All Worlds Ultimate Swoop Rally is now on PTS. This is our new recurring in-game event and it will function like other events, such as Pirate Incursion or Rakghoul Resurgence. Like with the other events, the starting Mission can be found on the Fleet. From there, players will be directed to Dantooine and can then branch out to Tatooine and Onderon as well. With this first iteration, here is the feedback that the team is looking for:

• Were the Missions fun?
  • Were the Missions the right length (not too long, not too short)?
  • Were the objectives for each Mission clear?
  • Which gang's Missions did you like the most? The least?
  • Did each gang's objectives make the course feel a little different?
  • Were you able to easily stay on the course?
  • Did you understand the bike abilities?
  • Did the speed of the bike feel good?
  • What did you enjoy the most? What did you dislike?

There are a few known issues that the team is currently working on fixing:

• The intro conversation for the Swoop event has not been completed. There are no (working) cinematics, and it will be easy to get stuck in a loop in the conversation because scripting has not been done. There is definitely a path through the conversation, but if people are getting caught in a loop, they should try different dialogue options.
  • The rewards vendor for the event is not ready. Items on them are non-functional, and the list of rewards they will eventually offer is incomplete.
  • There are no achievements for the swoop event currently.

Let us know your thoughts!

Great new event! After all the shoot-this, shoot-that stuff, this is like a breath of fresh air.
So, to answer the questions:

1) Yes, this event is definitely fun. Loved trying to understand how it works and trying the 3 different races.

2) The races were of good length, definitely didn't end abruptly, neither did it feel too long or boring.

3) Yes, the objectives were clear, but for the Beks alone, i feel it would be better to use different markers for the firework stands and the exploding barrels. Sometimes get hard to differentiate while you're trying to race.

4) Loved the Horizon's Razor races, while Beks were my least favorite due to the number of objective that you need to keep your eyes peeled for. I would say reducing the number required to complete, or making them more like bonus missions would be better, but it's still enjoyable as of now.

5) Definitely, the different objectives made you focus on the course in a different way, adding a new flavor to them.

6) Staying on course was not an issue, but Onderon would benefit from a more enclosed route that isn't misleading. Also not a fan of the random mobs that you might aggro if you go a bit off the course there. (Tatooine, meanwhile, was more enjoyable despite the mobs, because you could easily avoid them. The number of trees in Onderon make it hard to do so.)

7) Bike abilities were plain and easy to understand, no criticism there.

8) Like everyone else mentioned, the bikes could be faster! I would like swoop racing to feel faster than just normal mount speeds. Might make staying on course challenging!

9) Enjoyed the most: The Time limit bonus mission was good, made me really want to do it quicker, and get it right on the first go. Felt like you were multi-tasking while trying to stay on target, and that was pretty cool!
Disliked: It's not an actual race against anyone, Player or NPC. Would at least like a lap timing leaderboard for each gang!

Overall, GREAT new event! Thanks a lot for this content, Devs, reminds me of the little things I enjoy about Star Wars.

(On a not so relevant note, this is my first Forum post )

swmasters
05.09.2020 , 10:40 AM | #20
Were the Missions fun? Yes, but only the first few times, doing it multiple times weekly would most probably feel just boring after a while.

Were the Missions the right length (not too long, not too short)? The story missions were alright, might be a bit too short, the racing quests are fine, only thing that might be a bit annoying is going back to use the flairs if you forget about them.

Were the objectives for each Mission clear? Some kind of intro run would be nice, it's not actually clear at first what you can/can't do and that you can do additional runs if you fail, when you just get the dailies thrown at you.

Which gang's Missions did you like the most? The least? For racing best to worst: horizon's razors > pit screamers > blatant beks, because higher speed just feels so much better. For story quests: blatant beks > horizon's razors > pit screamers.

Did each gang's objectives make the course feel a little different? Not really, and in my opinion this is the main reason why the missions feel a bit boring after a while (aside from the speed issue), would love to see some extra mechanics/possibility of failing added.

Were you able to easily stay on the course? Mostly yes.

Did you understand the bike abilities? Not exactly at first, but it's not really a problem, at least it gives us some space for exploring.

Did the speed of the bike feel good? No, it feels way too slow even if I use all the speed boosts available, only time when the speed actually felt right was when i used turbo boost on the horizon's razors bike, but that should be more like the normal speed, not the boosted one. Hopefully, desync won't be an issue with higher speeds, like I can already desync through the finish line from time to time if I use speed boost.

What did you enjoy the most? What did you dislike? I'm going break this down into multiple points:
  • Dantooine: overall the most boring course, the mechanics just feel...uninteresting, would be nice if we could at least utilize the mines to throw us in some direction.
  • Tatooine: the borders of the smoke cloud area should be more visible, sometimes it looks like I'm outside the zone, but still get the slow.
  • Onderon: probably the best of the 3, the traps and the jumps are a nice addition.
  • Would love a (more advanced) mek-sha course with the risk of falling down and maybe mechanics that are trying to push you off.
  • I know it's PTS, but when I first arrived to the area, it felt somewhat dead, adding some racing npcs while you're just hanging around the area and not actually in a race would be something that could make the zones feel more alive.
  • Overall: I love the idea of extra mechanics, like pickups, traps, would need more of the these with much higher impact than what they currently do and what i really disliked was how slow the bike is right now.
  • Edit: almost forgot about the timed bonus missions, which are also a great feature, what could be even greater is to have a few special achievements for making some heavily tight timers (e.g. complete run X on planet Y while doing some extra stuff in Z seconds).