We need a fix for Map Rotation on Regs.

_Miriya_

If you guys play regs, or watch streams, you already know we deal with these endless annoying loops of Hypergates and Voidstars maps.

Please, fix the way the chances are draw in the rotation. Make it so that Yavin Ruins, Novare Coast, Civil War have their own probability to pop.

On Huttball the chances could be better aswell since is 3 maps now, and they are fun (maybe share Vandin and Quesh chance, separated from Classic?). Same with Proving Grounds. That map was enrfed too much and new players don't even know what to do in it, due lack of existance.

For the love of Baby Yoda do something

The worst part is getting the same map 2-3 times in a row before it changes.

The difficult part I see is that if you have 16 players who were mostly in different maps the match before, then some will get the same map twice.

But if it’s a low pop environment and it’s nearly exactly the same players in every match, then there really is no excuse for the queue giving you all the same map 2-3 times in a row before it changes.

Edit: how was proving grounds Nerfed? I can’t see any changes made to it.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I am ok with current rotation. Design wise AH is one of the best maps. So much close matches in that map.

I actually think that AH, OPG and NC are the best two maps in the game. NC is also one of my preferred.

The problem with NC is that it is too big, and that map could have been easily made for 12 vs 12, instead to 8 vs 8.

Voidstar can be a bit boring because if you do a bad opening round whether it is defending or attacking you know your chances to win are very slim. But recently I had some really nice close matches over there.

Edited by limenutpen

Being ok with the current rotation because you like the map that is always popping doesn't adress the problem for the rest of the population who doesnt share your same taste.

Any map popping in a row or loop is not good. Just go and ask PvPers. We need a better random system. Cant be very difficult to modify.

Edit: how was proving grounds Nerfed? I can’t see any changes made to it.

think he means OPG pop rate was nerfed. that's a good thing. the map is garbage. might be fun to watch rated matches with multiple camera locations though.

I resubbed two months ago and Odessen popped for the first time just today; a full 8 weeks before I saw it. I even googled to see if this map had been removed for some reason.

It's the game mode I enjoy the most and apparently the map rotation on this has been nerfed so much it only pops once in two months. **** off

think he means OPG pop rate was nerfed. that's a good thing. the map is garbage. might be fun to watch rated matches with multiple camera locations though.

Maybe, but that’s not how I read it. He seemed to indicate the map itself had nerfs added to it?

I know the map pop was nerfed before, but I’ve had it way more than Nova Coast pops since they brought Quesh/Vandin back. I’ve played half a dozen OPGs since then and only had 1 Nova Coast.

I wish they would nerf Vandin and Quesh pops more. The maps are still broken ASF.

Maybe, but that’s not how I read it. He seemed to indicate the map itself had nerfs added to it?

I know the map pop was nerfed before, but I’ve had it way more than Nova Coast pops since they brought Quesh/Vandin back. I’ve played half a dozen OPGs since then and only had 1 Nova Coast.

I wish they would nerf Vandin and Quesh pops more. The maps are still broken ASF.

it was better when Vandin and quesh were gone. one of the things I enjoyed most in this return to the game was not having to see those maps.

althought Odessan sucks and if I never see it again, I will have still played too many

The subject here is not how much each of us likes or not a map in particular.

Is about having a better rotation of them. A better random system. So we dont have 3 + same map in a row, or Hypergate loops. That's all.

The subject here is not how much each of us likes or not a map in particular.

Is about having a better rotation of them. A better random system. So we dont have 3 + same map in a row, or Hypergate loops. That's all.

You still have the problem I initially posted. Not everyone will have had the same map before, some players may be new to the queue and others may have played a different map.

Of course, when the queue numbers are low and nearly everyone is in the same game every time, the queue should not keep popping the same maps in a row. So in that respect you are correct and that does need to be fixed as there is obviously a problem there.

it was better when Vandin and quesh were gone. one of the things I enjoyed most in this return to the game was not having to see those maps.

althought Odessan sucks and if I never see it again, I will have still played too many

Vandin and Quesh seem more broken than before. There are definitely more bugs in the maps and the desync doesn’t seem any better. If anything, the desync is worse and less predictable than before,

I agree they should remove them again because they aren’t fixed and I’m not sure they can ever be fixed while ever the classes have so many speed and gap closing abilities. It’s obvious the engine can’t deal with multiple platform environment.

Which is sad cause I actually like Quesh ball. But it’s broken ASF and gets worse every patch or change to the games code. It was never perfect when released, but it was playable and fun. Sadly, it’s only gotten worse as the game ages and now it’s a travesty of what it use to be.

• 3 weeks later...