Will the stealth meta ever end in Ranked?

UltraFlashStar

Playing anything without stealth is like fight with tooth and tail to survive. Playing Slinger', it's fun (sometimes) to line of sight your enemies and 'take the tour' of the arena before you die. But, it's just extremely irritating most of the time when you get Assassins and Marauders low just to have them stealth out, which is fine. But then you catch up to them 30 seconds later and they just stealth out... again and appear across the map 10 seconds later.

Two ways to negate advantages of stealth classes without nerfing stealth:

1) Remove the "once per fight" lockout for warzone medpacks and just put them on a 120 second cooldown for everyone. Dying or using combat stealth reduces the cooldown by 30 seconds.

2) give some other class(es) an "untargetable" cooldown where they cannot be directly attacked for 4-6 seconds. They can still be damaged by dots and AOE. If they don't attack anyone and aren't damaged during the untargetable period (by dots or AOE), they drop out of combat and can use out of combat heal abilities.

1) Remove the "once per fight" lockout for warzone medpacks and just put them on a 120 second cooldown for everyone. Dying or using combat stealth reduces the cooldown by 30 seconds.

A lot of Non-Stealth disciplines undoubtedly need this boost, but they can't just give it to everyone. Can you imagine Grit-Teeth-equipped jugg tank with a medpac usable multiple times per fight?

A lot of Non-Stealth disciplines undoubtedly need this boost, but they can't just give it to everyone. Can you imagine Grit-Teeth-equipped jugg tank with a medpac usable multiple times per fight?

Easy enough to tone down grit teeth in that scenario.

Double or triple sins/operatives is broken. Really broken in ranked. Especially since the burst comes as an opener in these classes, no rotation build up as for example is a Carnage Marauder.

A solution for this would be to stop the since S1 requested class stacking. They said they where gonna do something about it in S11, and we are still on the same boat.

Looking at suggestion above the med-pac idea is really great, Grit Teeth problem should really be solved since it is a Tactical which by what I understood can easily be fixed by the developers.

Game is going from bad to worse since 6.0 and this new stuff (tacticals) has really opened a new can of worms to deal with, which the developers are really slow to react to. Balance was okay up until meta 5. Now it is out of control in many classes, apart Sins / Operatives you can also say Jugg Skanks which have become really immortal and AP Powertechs bursting 200k with with two buttons.

Double or triple sins/operatives is broken. Really broken in ranked. Especially since the burst comes as an opener in these classes, no rotation build up as for example is a Carnage Marauder.

A solution for this would be to stop the since S1 requested class stacking. They said they where gonna do something about it in S11, and we are still on the same boat.

Looking at suggestion above the med-pac idea is really great, Grit Teeth problem should really be solved since it is a Tactical which by what I understood can easily be fixed by the developers.

Game is going from bad to worse since 6.0 and this new stuff (tacticals) has really opened a new can of worms to deal with, which the developers are really slow to react to. Balance was okay up until meta 5. Now it is out of control in many classes, apart Sins / Operatives you can also say Jugg Skanks which have become really immortal and AP Powertechs bursting 200k with with two buttons.

This game hasn't been balanced since 2.0 honestly (1.1.5 was the most balanced patch imo). 3.0 was fine, but its been downhill since.

Edited by Raansu

stealth meta lol it's simple you either know how to play and/or fight against stealth or you don't.

Learning how to defend against one stealth is not too difficult. Two or more, not so much. Admittedly, I need to learn to kite. Until I do, the stealth meta is extremely annoying.

Learning how to defend against one stealth is not too difficult. Two or more, not so much. Admittedly, I need to learn to kite. Until I do, the stealth meta is extremely annoying.

I could be wrong, but I thought you were a mara/sent? maybe it was someone else with a similar name.

I could be wrong, but I thought you were a mara/sent? maybe it was someone else with a similar name.

No, you're right.

I should have read the original post more thoroughly. Perhaps I am wrong, but I have never considered Sentinels to be a stealth class because their stealth is ephemeral. Stealth classes can start from stealth, have abilities directly connected to striking FROM stealth, and can stay there indefinitely unless damaged by aoe.

Calling the Sentinel a stealth class is a bit like calling an boxer an mma fighter because both can throw punches. They have overlap, but they're not the same.

The real problem in SR remains class stacking. Yes you can still get a Sin and an Operative. But it is still better then getting three or four of them, which happens a lot.

I do not know eight years asking to solve class stacking and BW still has not fixed it. This was something asked since the start of SR, and yet every time we hear they are looking into it. Eight years looking into it....