Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cutscene issues, take two.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Cutscene issues, take two.

ChandrilaDeler
04.18.2021 , 04:19 AM | #1
Who else agrees the BioWare should revamp all the old cutscenes, like the one where you first meet Risha happening before the one for C2-N2, even though the latter is closer to the entryway, which makes his informing you about the XS cargohold pointless?

SteveTheCynic
04.18.2021 , 04:51 AM | #2
I don't. I think they should expend that effort on new content.
Not really what you think.
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
?REDO FROM START
Latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

ChandrilaDeler
04.18.2021 , 09:58 AM | #3
And what do the rest of you say?

casirabit
04.18.2021 , 10:18 AM | #4
What about using the escape key and then choosing the person/droid you want to speak to first. That is much easier as new content is more important at least to me since most of the time I don't even use my ship anymore.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing.

ChandrilaDeler
04.18.2021 , 10:26 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
What about using the escape key and then choosing the person/droid you want to speak to first. That is much easier as new content is more important at least to me since most of the time I don't even use my ship anymore.
That's actually why I made this thread, because C2 isn't even at his designated spot when you first enter the Smuggler's ship.

ChandrilaDeler
04.18.2021 , 09:09 PM | #6
There's also the matter of cutscenes (for all classes) making characters act too much like they're animatronic, from Darmas in his "rah rah, hail the republic" line, to everybody's facial expression always resetting.

SteveTheCynic
04.19.2021 , 01:22 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ChandrilaDeler View Post
There's also the matter of cutscenes (for all classes) making characters act too much like they're animatronic, from Darmas in his "rah rah, hail the republic" line, to everybody's facial expression always resetting.
Arguably, ((spoilerish))
Spoiler

And as for the facial expressions resetting, I'm not sure what you mean.
Not really what you think.
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
?REDO FROM START
Latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

Eranis
04.19.2021 , 04:50 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by ChandrilaDeler View Post
[...] to everybody's facial expression always resetting.
Yeah, that is something that has bugged me, too. I wish they would make certain facial expressions or body language like crossed arms last a bit longer for a smoother transition. What's worse is the missing eye contact between the people talking, making a lot of cutscenes feel a bit awkward. It's even worse when you have a taller body type (not even talking about the camera getting stuck on your chest in cutscenes on a regular basis).

That said, a lot of this has improved over the years and as much as I would love them updating older stuff, I am with Steve here that I'd rather see them spending their limited resources on new content. Though they should really get better at quality assurance on newer content as there are quite a few animation misses in cutscenes.

ChandrilaDeler
04.24.2021 , 03:35 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Eranis View Post
Yeah, that is something that has bugged me, too. I wish they would make certain facial expressions or body language like crossed arms last a bit longer for a smoother transition. What's worse is the missing eye contact between the people talking, making a lot of cutscenes feel a bit awkward. It's even worse when you have a taller body type (not even talking about the camera getting stuck on your chest in cutscenes on a regular basis).

That said, a lot of this has improved over the years and as much as I would love them updating older stuff, I am with Steve here that I'd rather see them spending their limited resources on new content. Though they should really get better at quality assurance on newer content as there are quite a few animation misses in cutscenes.
I know, steve, but like i said, it's not the words that are the problem, it's how limited everyone moves around. They're like those animatronics you'd see at Chucky Cheese.