KOTOR references?

Wallner

This whole spoiler business does not make things easier ^^

I read somewhere that BW still wanted to keep the option open of Revan still being alive. I would like that because hes like a god to me, lol.

This minus the god part.

People got mad when Revan was killed in Beta so they did "that" so they could use him for future content. I like Revan, but I felt him dying there was appropriate and a fine ending to a tragic figure. Oh well, fanboys got what they wanted and they will never be satisfied.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite ones are from the Taral V / Maelstrom Prison storyline:"

You keep getting flashes and visions from an unknown Force Spirit, referencing to the past and present.

You get to save Revan from the prison the Emperor created for him. He explains why the Emperor kept him alive as well (as he gave the Emperor insight into the Light side of the Force).

Once you have saved Revan, you learn that the Force Spirit was actually the Exile.. better known to most players as the main character of KOTOR 2.

Although I think they should have left Revan alone since they just completely ruined his characters (that was established in KOTOR1 & 2) , I love his final line in the imperial Foundry FP which is a really nice reference to Malak:

"And in the end, as darkness takes me, I am nothing. Now I know how you felt, my friend."

Edited by Path-x

Also a ton of the Treasure hunting missions mention it. Example: Clan Ordo wants you to get something as one of the highest level missions. There are others, but I can't remember it.

About the Foundry:

When Revan vanishes at the end of Foundry he has 9,000 health left. Interestingly he begins the battle using the powers and moves of a Jedi Knight. halfway through he goes even more nuts than he already is and begins using the powers of a Sith Inquisitor... I think his personality is messed up from the way it keeps being rewritten. Actually, I think his personality is fragmenting. This is what happens when you give a guy two opposing identities that he thinks are his and he has to rewrite his mind twice to break free of the programming.

• 2 weeks later...

All of the planet Taris is one gigantic KOTOR reference.

The Endar Spire.

The Promised Land.

Rukil, the old guy from the Undercity.

The Rakghouls.

The Rakghoul Syrum.

Not to mention the fact that Revan and HK-47...and HK-51.

Even the title of the game "Star Wars: the Old Republic" "Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic".

• 2 weeks later...

The Valley of the Dark Lords on Korriban is similar in its appearance to KOTOR. Besides the academy, you also visit the tombs of Sith lords Ajunta Pall, Tulak Hord, Marka Ragnos and Naga Sadow.

Of course, in detail, the Layout is very different (and does not capture the darkness of the place as good as in KOTOR, in my opinion).

Edited by Intarabus

Yeah. I think even most of the masters died when Darth Nihilus and Darth Sion attacked the Jedi, and the few remaining Jedi went into hiding. The only remaining members of the KOTOR 1 council seem to be the gruff Vrook Lamar and maybe Atris (it is not clear, if she is in the council at the events of KOTOR 1). Lamar, Zhar Lestin and the others seem to be dead.

Yeah. I think even most of the masters died when Darth Nihilus and Darth Sion attacked the Jedi, and the few remaining Jedi went into hiding. The only remaining members of the KOTOR 1 council seem to be the gruff Vrook Lamar and maybe Atris (it is not clear, if she is in the council at the events of KOTOR 1). Lamar, Zhar Lestin and the others seem to be dead.

I would think so, since she was a Council member when the Exile returned after the war.

This minus the god part.

People got mad when Revan was killed in Beta so they did "that" so they could use him for future content. I like Revan, but I felt him dying there was appropriate and a fine ending to a tragic figure. Oh well, fanboys got what they wanted and they will never be satisfied.

The way the Foundry ends is not the same as the ending to Maelstrom, the corresponding pub quest.

The way the Foundry ends is not the same as the ending to Maelstrom, the corresponding pub quest.

That is because the Maelstrom Prison happens before Foundry in sequential order. Unless I am missing something because your post confuses me a little, forgive me.

has no one in this thread played the taris bonus series?

because when you go back to taris one of the missions that become avaiable to you is you have to go tto the old swoop track and scan for the swoop bike acclerater that you used to win the swoop bike race

so,i though that might be helpful

I believe that Yadira Ban from the Black Talon flashpoint could be an actual descendant of redeemed Yuthura Ban.

On Ord Mantel cantina, when you select "For the Republic" on the jukebox, you can hear KotOR main theme.

Calo Nord reference during BH storyline. Player can make a countdown.

Many end-game weapons are named after KotOR character's.

• 3 weeks later...