A General Thread About a General Topic...

WorldSmasher

In This Case It's About Bobba Fett's Starhip Slave I getting renamed by Woke Disney....

Slave I will be renamed...

To some other name that is the "Class Name" of the starship and not its individual name...

I tried to post the link to the video article of the report of Disney doing what it could to block the content, but that link I tried to post was successfully blocked by Disney....

Search terms: "Boba Fett Slave one renamed by disney."

Edited by WorldSmasher

This is probably more of a Star Wars discussion than a general one. Regardless, wokeness is a concern to me. It's an attempt to constantly move a bar without gaining anything. If you watch any TV shows about buying / renting homes, you'll notice they have stopped using the term Master Bedroom. They have replaced the term with "Main Bedroom." So if you want to really know how ridiculous this is, now you'll have to find a new term for the bathroom in the master bedroom. It used to be obviously called the master bathroom. But now, if you call it the "main bathroom," it just ushers in confusion. The main bathroom is where the guests go. This whole thing is going too far. Just because the term master has ties to slavery does not mean that was it's only purpose or even its original purpose.

If Star Wars wants to go down this "woke" path, they have a lot more than Slave 1 to worry about, Master Jedi.

This isn't the right place to discuss this also this isn't a news story that just broke today. It popped up a while ago.

This should be in the Star Wars Discussion section, not the SWTOR General Discussion section. It's not a specific thread about a very specific topic.

https://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=251

Edited by Darth-Obvious

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

I kinda agree to this change because with the exception of big ships ( The Tyrant, Spirit of Vengeance, Gav Daragon and so on), no ship in this game ( a Star Wars game..) has a "personal" name. For example, BH ship is a D5 KDY Patrol Mantis, Mantis for short.

In the TV series "The Mandalorian", the dude calls his ship "The Razorcrest", but that's not a "personal name", but an entire class of ships, sorry i don't know the entire name.

Another aspect, when Bobba and Fennec land on Tython, we are not being specifically told that's his original ship, the one from the movie, it could be another ship from the same class. So, there's a possibility that ship is not Slave 1, so Bobba won't call it Slave 1, but by class name.