Solo instances

I'd really like to see at the least, a single HM solo flashpoint that drops nothing more than a single Columi commendation from the final boss. My character currently resides in Hex Droid and I find that server population almost non existent. Groups are extremely rare to come by. I know that some of you will suggest a server transfer which I will not do as all my friends are in Hex Droid and with RL pressures, they rarely come online.

I think Group flashpoints are great as it provides a sociable environment and promotes team work. I also liked the solo instances from the mmo Aion as they were fun to play and made you play your character's abilities to the full extent. I'm only asking for a single solo HM instance in the same vein as the other flashpoints but it only drops nothing more than a single Columi commendation from the final boss. With a solo instance, it would appeal to casual gamers who may just log in to do a Hard Mode FP but don't have the time to look for or can't find a group.

Would it be possible to even convert one of the current FP into a solo instance? The Esseles for example would be a good solo run that is about as hard as a Heroic+2. I know that you may scream at me and tell me to do Heroics instead but they aren't really FP and they really don't drop PvE tier gear as good as Tionese, Columi and Rakata. A single daily solo FP with your companion that drops just a columi commendation which will make it worth while for me.

I'd much appreciate it if others can expand and further discuss this subject.

I feel your pain about low pop servers.

I think solo dungeons would actually be a good idea for casuals. Rift has something like it but what they did was taking the raid dungeons itself and converted it into a solo dungeon with bosses being some of the more iconic raid bosses.

I thought that was kind of a terrible idea to copy a raid/operation dungeon though - you will get bored of it fast if you are running that daily + operations.

The incentives Rift had for raiders to do these solo dungeons was raid consumables, crafting mats, AA xp, and junk to sell to vendor. The drop rate on the raid consumables was quickly nerfed so I didn't really go there except to farm AAxp.

Aion did this and they were very fun to do.

Technically though when you enter a story area that is considered a solo instance, but they are usually fairly short and doesnt quite have the same feel as a dungeon.

I suppose it would be nice though to have some dungeons for solo players.

Aion is where I got my idea from. The Aion solo instance also had you pick up an AI companion that assisted you which this game already has a companion system in hand. The drops weren't that great just like Rift as the other poster mentioned. It did however give those of us who rarely find groups something to do.

It's true story instances are solo areas however they are not repeatable and once you do them then that's that.

Back in my SWG days the two main "flashpoints" (pre-combat revamp) were both soloable (Acklay and the Corvette) although only one was instanced. They were a lot of fun, and a real test for your character and it's abilities.

I would like this, but I certainly wouldn't do it, assuming it'd take around an hour, for a single Columi commendation. Tionese gear, with the chance of dropping the non-set gear, and possibly a single columi piece from the last boss?

This sounds like a great idea. Not only would it be fun to discover how to use end game specs in solo content, but it would also be a chance to do something that furthers your end-game character along without having to group up. I'm not a fan of daily quests. Something about the mentality of a lot of minorly rewarding quests doesn't appeal to me. But if there were a solo flashpoint that gave you rewards equal to maybe doing an hour of dailies, I would be much more behind it.

I'd argue if there were a solo instance, the reward should be a Bag that gave a select amount of commendations and a chance at one of the following tokens

Belt

Earpiece

Relic

Alternatively, you could make the solo instance without a lock out, having it reward the single commendation, but with daily / weekly quests surrounding it that provide greater rewards.

I'd really like to see at the least, a single HM solo flashpoint that drops nothing more than a single Columi commendation from the final boss. My character currently resides in Hex Droid and I find that server population almost non existent. Groups are extremely rare to come by. I know that some of you will suggest a server transfer which I will not do as all my friends are in Hex Droid and with RL pressures, they rarely come online.

I think Group flashpoints are great as it provides a sociable environment and promotes team work. I also liked the solo instances from the mmo Aion as they were fun to play and made you play your character's abilities to the full extent. I'm only asking for a single solo HM instance in the same vein as the other flashpoints but it only drops nothing more than a single Columi commendation from the final boss. With a solo instance, it would appeal to casual gamers who may just log in to do a Hard Mode FP but don't have the time to look for or can't find a group.

Would it be possible to even convert one of the current FP into a solo instance? The Esseles for example would be a good solo run that is about as hard as a Heroic+2. I know that you may scream at me and tell me to do Heroics instead but they aren't really FP and they really don't drop PvE tier gear as good as Tionese, Columi and Rakata. A single daily solo FP with your companion that drops just a columi commendation which will make it worth while for me.

I'd much appreciate it if others can expand and further discuss this subject.

I don't like the idea of solo end game gear, not including end game epic weapons, but i do think duo mode "missions" would be a welcome addition to get some base end game pve gear. THe best gear should always be from raid content that requires coordination of a larger group of people. other then that you might as well wait for diablo 3 to come out.

I'd argue if there were a solo instance, the reward should be a Bag that gave a select amount of commendations and a chance at one of the following tokens

Belt

Earpiece

Relic

Alternatively, you could make the solo instance without a lock out, having it reward the single commendation, but with daily / weekly quests surrounding it that provide greater rewards.

I like the idea of a Columi or may be Tionesse Bag much like the Champion Bags where you get some columi and tionesse commendations and crystals and with a chance for the token. That sounds good if you receive one at the end of the instance and may be have a weekly quest that requires you to complete solo instance for 'X' amount to get an extra bag. It will work along the same lines as the PvP dailies and weeklies.

Belt

Earpiece

Relic

This ^!

This is a great idea in my mind. Similar to what WoW did with the reward bags for specific roles in the dungeon finder.

I agree with the concept of having a soloable challenge at lvl 50 that provides columni comms. As a 50 dps having 2/5 columni it has been a challenge lately to find groups for hm flashpoints such as False Emperor. Thankfully I can still find a group for hm bt the most played hm by far and on occasion a hm bp run. As this is my 1st 50 I am learning that the best and most efficient way to gear out 5/5 columni is by simply doing the daily and weekly challenges for the columni comms.

So I am all for another time-efficient source of daily columni comms, because it is a pain to find groups for hm flashpoints in general.

Edited by xMasterful

I agree with the concept of having a soloable challenge at lvl 50 that provides columni comms. As a 50 dps having 2/5 columni it has been a challenge lately to find groups for hm flashpoints such as False Emperor. Thankfully I can still find a group for hm bt the most played hm by far and on occasion a hm bp run. As this is my 1st 50 I am learning that the best and most efficient way to gear out 5/5 columni is by simply doing the daily and weekly challenges for the columni comms.

So I am all for another time-efficient source of daily columni comms, because it is a pain to find groups for hm flashpoints in general.

QFT. A few weeks ago I was lucky with having plenty of people around to form groups which got me 3 columi pieces and 2 tionese. Now however, I cannot do anything. I've started doing dailies now as it's the only thing left for me to do besides just doing Warzones.

Theres no need for a solo instance. The main problem is the low population thats what you should focus on... rather ppl asking for something totally out of the context.

Lets think about it (if you can):

T2 Token - (2nd best in the game and sometimes better mods than T3) and you wanna get that from solo content.. you know ppl raiding for that stuff in normal mode ops (8-man & 16-man).

Why not ask for a chest in an instance where the loot is.. just enter and exit sounds fine to me does it?

Theres no need for a solo instance. The main problem is the low population thats what you should focus on... rather ppl asking for something totally out of the context.

Lets think about it (if you can):

T2 Token - (2nd best in the game and sometimes better mods than T3) and you wanna get that from solo content.. you know ppl raiding for that stuff in normal mode ops (8-man & 16-man).

Why not ask for a chest in an instance where the loot is.. just enter and exit sounds fine to me does it?

I have no idea what you just said there. One more thing, Solo instance for me will solve the population crisis since people are leaving this game or have put it on hiatus which in turn means there's barely anybody playing it right now. How do you propose to solve the population crisis? and why must the rest of us suffer for the lack of players? I want a solo flashpoint with a considerably low gain from end boss to compensate for the lack of people around and it will also appeal to the casual gamers who can't spend hours just waiting for a party to materialise.

I did not ask for the whole damn T2 or T3 gear to be handed to me on a silver platter with cream on top through just a single run. As others have suggested, the bag reward will work just like the Champion Bag from Warzone rewards. Now let me ask you this, how many people do you know who have geared up their character in champion gear from just a single champion bag? This issue is not something out of context as it concerns the game and the amount of effort we put in our characters.

"Lets think about it (if you can):"

Please don't insult me or any of the people contributing to this discussion. Non of us have said anything to belittle you or any other person for that matter. The last thing we need is for someone to patronise us for even considering making a suggestion.

Hex Droid is officially dead, anybody else from this server? There's like less than 10 people on fleet in peak times! My entire guild has rerolled to Freedom Nadd which is apparently a designated reroll server as its pretty much busy all the time. I am the only idiot still fighting it out with my Scoundrel in Hex Droid hoping for a miracle.

The more I see this situation, the more I crave for Solo flashpoints. At least give us character transfers so I can move to a better server.

I understand the issue you have with a low population server, but I have to disagree with them spending any developer time on 'solo' instances.

The whole game is already a single player game. Perhaps your server would not be so dead to start with if there were actually something to do with other people.

It was over a month ago that I first heard people complaining on my server because they had already seen it all. Done all the flashpoints and beaten the Ops on nightmare mode. I am glad I did not race through the content as quickly as they did, but many people did.

With the destruction of PvP with the 1.1 patch, it eliminated all the dynamic content in the game. Especially for Republic on my side. Your choice was to go to Ilum and face 5 to 1 (or worse) odds (even if you managed to come up with a full op group to go) and get slaughtered, or after a week or so face opponents that out-geared you by a large margin in war-zones. Beating your head against the wall is not my idea of fun.

So I have to say "NO" to more solo content. I would rather them create group content and dynamic content that encourages people to play together... and give people a reason to log on. That way you will have people to do stuff with.

• 2 weeks later...
I think it's a great idea. I get annoyed quickly with people and would like to still play without seeing some numb skulls' absurd or irrelevant commentary. Especially for a dead server, then you might be able to gear up without the hassle of trying to make friends and schedule times.

Solo Dungeons should be a no brainer!

They are popular in Aion & Rift.

I play a DPS, and really have no problem finding a group. That being said, sometimes the group sucks and flashpoints can take longer than the time I have to do them.

A solo instance that takes 30ish-1hr to complete (closer to the 30 than the 60) would be great especially if the rewards where flavor items (costumes), consumables (maybe not as good as biochems so they dont freak the f out) or even a columni comm.*

* i think its ok. If someone bothered to run operations (which hm is not really that much harder than normal) You will have columni pouring out your ears.

• 4 weeks later...
I don't like the idea of solo end game gear, not including end game epic weapons, but i do think duo mode "missions" would be a welcome addition to get some base end game pve gear. THe best gear should always be from raid content that requires coordination of a larger group of people. other then that you might as well wait for diablo 3 to come out.

I disagree with that best gear should be from content a group of people can farm. I think a nice hard dungeon with a weekly lockout should provide similar rewards. I would more likely spend 5 hours working through that over a week than doing an operation for an hour.

they should focus more on allowing free transfers and performing server merges than developing something like this that serves only as a stop-gag to the population issue. You can still get rakata implants/earpieces from dailies, two relics from grinding out artifice with augment slots, full sets of orange gear all slotted with quality 23 epic mods/armoring/enhancements from dailies, and augments, which will put you on parity with someone geared for ops. In addition to this you can pick up rakata grade belts and bracers from the crafting profession. All of this is completely soloable.