The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

It's much simpler. I just wanted to reveal your hypocrisy. It doesn't matter, what story i tell. You're just against it.

If i say, you can't assume that every player, who comes as a replacement through groupfinder, is bad and will slow you down. Don't use companions, find replacements. You go "nay".

If i say, i agree, every player, who is new and not in 306 gear, slows me down, and shouldn't be with me. Companions are better and my choice for playing. You go "nay". Again.

You, sirs, disagreed with yourself on both occasion. Just because another person with a slightly rude undertone repeated your earlier statements.

Yeah, but... the one time we talked about veteran with a chance there comes a low level player. And this time you talked about kicking people right at the start of a mastermode flashpoint. Soooo... we only trust other people in queue depending on the content we run? I really hope you all have some good replies. I wait for your answers.

FFF...Funny Forums Folks. It's a shame, that half of you are already on ignore. You just turning the flag in the wind. Is that a saying in english? Maybe you want to form an opinion and stand by it?

You can all calm down. This story...

A friend of mine and myself had something similar this week.

LotR, MM. A fairly new player was part of the group. He only did this flashpoint once on mastermode. Another groupmember was only in 286 gear.

We kicked them both right at the start and finished the flashpoint with companions. After reading your story, i guess, we saved us from some wipes and unnecessary repair cost.

... never happened. I would never ever kick any player, and i will never ever use a companion in groupcontent.

And now i wait for the forum police to report me. Because they feel slight discomfort, because i called them out. See you after my ban is over. Have some nice weeks without me.

Edited by SoontirMorillo

It's much simpler. I just wanted to reveal your hypocrisy. It doesn't matter, what story i tell. You're just against it.

If i say, you can't assume that every player, who comes as a replacement through groupfinder, is bad and will slow you down. Don't use companions, find replacements. You go "nay".

If i say, i agree, every player, who is new and not in 306 gear, slows me down, and shouldn't be with me. Companions are better and my choice for playing. You go "nay". Again.

You, sirs, disagreed with yourself on both occasion. Just because another person with a slightly rude undertone repeated your earlier statements.

Yeah, but... the one time we talked about veteran with a chance there comes a low level player. And this time you talked about kicking people right at the start of a mastermode flashpoint. Soooo... we only trust other people in queue depending on the content we run? I really hope you all have some good replies. I wait for your answers.

FFF...Funny Forums Folks. It's a shame, that half of you are already on ignore. You just turning the flag in the wind. Is that a saying in english? Maybe you want to form an opinion and stand by it?

You can all calm down. This story...

... never happened. I would never ever kick any player, and i will never ever use a companion in groupcontent.

And now i wait for the forum police to report me. Because they feel slight discomfort, because i called them out. See you after my ban is over. Have some nice weeks without me.

Hypocrisy has been revealed for sure. :rolleyes:

There is no hypocrisy if you use examples that are completely different... what you say makes no sense at all and you try to lie and use fake examples to attack a point that doesn't even exist. Nice moving the goal point and attacking it when it never existed. If you rly wanted to argue your point or point out sth, you would never do that...

aah... i waited for this one... there are so many nuances between this extreme point of view and that extreme point of view. you can't compare.

of course you can. either you play a mmo with other players, or you are a story mode hero, who needs a healing companion behind him. You trust people and play in groups, or you does not and use the first chance to get companion out.

name one other mmo, where you can get a npc to help you, in a group instance.

you are single players and want mechanics that help you to succesful finish single player content, to carry over to group content, because you can't finish it, without.

Edited by SoontirMorillo

I had an interesting MM Legacy of the Rakata run the other day.

Started with 2 vets - me and the tank - and 2 new-to-LotR MM players - the other dps and the healer. It had also been a while since I did it in MM.

In light of the recent posts about kicking people and using companions, and not to get drawn into it, I'll point out that:

1. we did not kick the Healer - I think he quit because he wasn't able to keep up with the damage and the Tank was ragging on him somewhat.

2. I re-queued us for a new healer, but you know - MM, waiting for healer. Z0-0M was intended to fill in until a new healer arrived. Unfortunately, (or, fortunately) the FP was over before a human healer showed up.

Personally, I very seldom kick anyone from a group unless they've dc'd (and someone else starts a vote), or they're being a real a**hole.

I don't kick people because I think they're under geared, or not playing their class 'properly' (which is, at best, very subjective), or other such entitled reasons. 🙂

Edited by JediQuaker

I1. we did not kick the Healer - I think he quit because he wasn't able to keep up with the damage and the Tank was ragging on him somewhat.

2. I re-queued us for a new healer, but you know - MM, waiting for healer. Z0-0M was intended to fill in until a new healer arrived. Unfortunately, (or, fortunately) the FP was over before a human healer showed up.

what about

3. use /allies or /lfg and ask for people to queue for your flashpoint only, because one player dropped or whatever?

you can always do more

Edited by SoontirMorillo

Fortunately, no one kicked me when I told them "I'm new to MM, please take it slow".

In the contrast, the people I met were great and helped me feel safe to try MM more.

I don't kick people at the start because they are undergeared or say they are new. Because that was me at one point.

Well spoken.

Yep, same dude. I guess it's situational for him: When he wants to finish a fp instead of maybe just wasting time, it's okay to kick real players and use companions instead. But when someone else uses a companion (after someone leaves), it's not suddenly okay anymore. :D Maybe it only applies when you kick people without a reason first? /thinking

He's probably just mad that the latter action means that as a queuer, he can't get into that in-progress group so he can get an easy notch for weekly progress without doing most of the work.

Once he's in a phase, f*** the other players right?

Had a Battle of Ilum run on Pubside, tank kept complaining that our healer wasn't geared in 306... at first I don't mind that much since the healer admitted he had just returned so he probably should be doing an even easier flashpoint to get his rotation right again. So I'm fine with kicking them and taking another healer, again not a 306 healer and the tank keeps complaining about it. While I understand certain flashpoints would require higher Irating... this is Ilum. Whatever Irating the healer had was fine, provided he knew what he was doing. Which thankfully was the case, of course, that didn't stopped the tank from lecturing everyone how someone under 306 was "making everyone's job's harder". Put him on ignore after that, I have no need of gatekeeping elitists in my PUGs.

Whatever Irating the healer had was fine, provided he knew what he was doing. Which thankfully was the case, of course, that didn't stopped the tank from lecturing everyone how someone under 306 was "making everyone's job's harder". Put him on ignore after that, I have no need of gatekeeping elitists in my PUGs.

Honestly I'm sick of extreme gatekeeping like this, they think that because it's sooo easy to get to 306 now that there must be something wrong with you as a player if you aren't there.

My raid team had to kick a healer for this general attitude: That content they went through is so easy to them, so if someone screws up and wipes on it they must be brain-damaged. So you can guess how every post-wipe regroup felt. :(

Most people have done Veteran mode Athiss many times, and those that haven't usually just follow along with the group.

Also, most of us know the "standard" way of doing Athiss**. However, last night I again ran into a tank that basically had 'their' way of doing Athiss. This guy was an LoS monster. Not only did he try to los 'everything', but even groups that no one ever even attacks.

The group consisted of 1 tank and 3 dps. The tank was level 74 (I think) and the other DPS were 64 & 74. (Also, the other DPS were both new to the FP) This, of course meant that I, as a level 75, iRating 306, was taking most of the damage (most threat?) and was constantly being left out to dry while this tank tried to pull stuff around various corners.

We hadn't even gotten to the Beast yet, but I already died for the third time. I was going to tell the tank to stop typing "stack here" in chat and do the FP in the normal way, but I was in a 'mood' and I confess I simply left the group. (Joined a Korriban GF group 3 mins later. 🙂 )

The point of this is to yet again say to some Tanks out there, that:

1. Veteran FPs can, and more often than not, are done without a tank. (I've done Athiss VM solo as a dps with a healer companion. 99% of the time it's 4 DPS.)

2. Don't join a Vet FP and think you are in control of the FP. In MM, this may often be the case, but not in VM. In VM you need to at least try to fit in with the group.

3. LOS, while a good strat in various cases, is not needed for every freakin' mob. Simply gathering the mobs up in the normal place(s) is just fine.

** There are of course, some variations to doing Athiss VM. Such as, whether to jump up on that 'ledge', and which NPCs to 'mez' if the group has a character with a stun, whether to tank the Beast at the wall or down the steps, etc.

Had a Battle of Ilum run on Pubside, tank kept complaining that our healer wasn't geared in 306... at first I don't mind that much since the healer admitted he had just returned so he probably should be doing an even easier flashpoint to get his rotation right again. So I'm fine with kicking them and taking another healer, again not a 306 healer and the tank keeps complaining about it. While I understand certain flashpoints would require higher Irating... this is Ilum. Whatever Irating the healer had was fine, provided he knew what he was doing. Which thankfully was the case, of course, that didn't stopped the tank from lecturing everyone how someone under 306 was "making everyone's job's harder". Put him on ignore after that, I have no need of gatekeeping elitists in my PUGs.

hot take:

constant complaining is harder to do than popping def cds properly

Got an interesting Red Reaper last night.

3DPS and a Tank. The tank greeted us and fast run at the beginning so I began to move.

A dps said he's new. He's lv56, the others are lv75. It should be a piece of cake.

After the first lift, the tank said los and put a mark behind the wall.

The new guy was walking slow, not yet reaching the lift, so the tank pulled.

The other dps didn't los, was dead because of it.

The tank kicked the dps right away saying he's terrible. Dps left on their own, angry.

I thought it's a bit over dramatic, the tank was probably going to be real harsh to the new guy.

But he reassured the new dps "there's a difference between a noob and being bad" and was actually nice to him?

Like, he didn't say anything when the new guy ran right into the two turrets in front of the droid boss (many people losing their **** about that) or when the new guy was slow. We even did some small chat on the rest of the FP and generally had a good run even though it's not that much of a "fast run".

Got an interesting Red Reaper last night.

3DPS and a Tank. The tank greeted us and fast run at the beginning so I began to move.

A dps said he's new. He's lv56, the others are lv75. It should be a piece of cake.

After the first lift, the tank said los and put a mark behind the wall.

The new guy was walking slow, not yet reaching the lift, so the tank pulled.

The other dps didn't los, was dead because of it.

The tank kicked the dps right away saying he's terrible. Dps left on their own, angry.

I thought it's a bit over dramatic, the tank was probably going to be real harsh to the new guy.

But he reassured the new dps "there's a difference between a noob and being bad" and was actually nice to him?

Like, he didn't say anything when the new guy ran right into the two turrets in front of the droid boss (many people losing their **** about that) or when the new guy was slow. We even did some small chat on the rest of the FP and generally had a good run even though it's not that much of a "fast run".

1 was kicked, 1 left, 1 tank, 1 you, 1 newbie....

if i add up thats 5....

or do you mean the kicked guy left before the timer expired?

Edited by Opiklo

3. LOS, while a good strat in various cases, is not needed for every freakin' mob. Simply gathering the mobs up in the normal place(s) is just fine.

I've always found it funny how most people LoS the regular trash dogs in Mando raiders :D I mean, they will jump instantly on the person who pull them, no need to hide behind walls. Even worst - someone will attack before that and spread them instead of stack them. Same goes for every melee trash pulls.

Some tanks doing it even more wrong - pulls and hide 3-4 corners back, so now we have a mob at every corner :D

1 was kicked, 1 left, 1 tank, 1 you, 1 newbie....

if i add up thats 5....

or do you mean the kicked guy left before the timer expired?

The one who's kicked logged out before the count down.

So it's the tank, me, the newbie, and the tank's comp.

Some tanks doing it even more wrong - pulls and hide 3-4 corners back, so now we have a mob at every corner :D

Yes. There's sort of an LOS inflation happening. For example, in Hammer Station. In the early days, the 'tank' if there was one, would simply attack the first mobs and bundle them up where they were. Then people started LOS'ing them at the first corner. Now it's moved back to the second corner. Then the other day, a tank was even trying to go even further back. Why? Who knows. Perhaps it's a sort of a "to appear expert, you must LOS" sort of thing.

Finally have one to add to this thread

Ran into a tank last night in hammer station. He ran ahead of the group in stealth and agro'd ALL of the mobs before 1st boss. They couldn't shoot him because they couldn't target him because he was in stealth.

I don't think you understand me. He was in stealth, agroing more mobs, they where trying to shoot im and all they could do is stand 0.0 meters on top of him as he agro'd more.

I've played this game for ~6 years. I have never seen anything like that before. I think it was noclip (i remember people in ranked getting banned for it)

Thankfully I was a Cut to Pieces Vengence jugg and it was hammer station vet mode so we could kill some of it, run away to the kolto stations (I could click on one and intercede back up) and we could clear the mobs he pulled.

Finally we cleared the mobs and had a second before he agro'd a new wave of hell and we kicked him. He then proceeded to harass me in whispers for the next 15-20 minutes about how I was not a good enough DPS to kill the mobs legit and how much of a p***y I was for running and using the tunnel and kolto stations.

Finally have one to add to this thread

Ran into a tank last night in hammer station. He ran ahead of the group in stealth and agro'd ALL of the mobs before 1st boss. They couldn't shoot him because they couldn't target him because he was in stealth.

I don't think you understand me. He was in stealth, agroing more mobs, they where trying to shoot im and all they could do is stand 0.0 meters on top of him as he agro'd more.

I've played this game for ~6 years. I have never seen anything like that before. I think it was noclip (i remember people in ranked getting banned for it)

Thankfully I was a Cut to Pieces Vengence jugg and it was hammer station vet mode so we could kill some of it, run away to the kolto stations (I could click on one and intercede back up) and we could clear the mobs he pulled.

Finally we cleared the mobs and had a second before he agro'd a new wave of hell and we kicked him. He then proceeded to harass me in whispers for the next 15-20 minutes about how I was not a good enough DPS to kill the mobs legit and how much of a p***y I was for running and using the tunnel and kolto stations.

The selfish ignorant bad-at-gaming *****s in HS.

A tank of lv75. Simply said "run" when a lv27 player just logged in the game.

I sighed "one of those *********** idiot runner" and typed "you mean run to the droid, right?", hoping the tank realize there is a lv27 player in our group.

The tank ran just as I pressed enter. Nothing explained.

Who the **** knows what do you mean by run as a new player?

I ran and hoped the lv27 catch up because I don't want to *********** die because of a *********** selfish player.

Lv27 thought we're going to attack (like normal people) and leap at an enemy, got aggro and died even though he did caught up fast and try to run along.

I typed "this tend to kill low levels (if the tank is being a *********** jerk)".

The lv27 said what the **** and left angrily (understandable).

We finished the FP with no problem (ofc with a lv50 comp *roll eyes*) but that kind of players are the *********** worst.

• 1 month later...

Wow! Nearly 2 months and no weird people.

The closest I've come in that time was another tank that started LOS'ing everything in Hammer Station, but they stopped after too much confusion reigned. 🙂

Just thought I'd bump the thread in case anyone had stories to tell. 😇

Wow! Nearly 2 months and no weird people.

The closest I've come in that time was another tank that started LOS'ing everything in Hammer Station, but they stopped after too much confusion reigned. 🙂

Just thought I'd bump the thread in case anyone had stories to tell. 😇

Its time to bring my own tale then.

So today I was running Objective Meridian, everything went fine until the second boss. I was playing on my sniper, had a sith assassin tank, sorc healer and another sin DPS. Tank starts second boss without me in the room, we wipe and go back. Now the weird thing is he says that we're meant to kill the selonian jedi before her jedi master... even though its usually the opposite, I argue against it and he keeps complaining that we are "attacking the other boss" and thus rendering unable to hold aggro. Now I've tanked that fight many times, its not impossible to hold aggro on both of them especially as a Sith Assassin.

We fail on 2nd try because the group is not able to keep up with Jakir's AOEs, 3rd round we do the usual tactic after I explaint the other DPS we need to kill the master first. Tank gets mad and call us the r-slur because the other sin DPS started the fight, I tell him to shush and do his job instead of insulting his teammate and he starts getting salty. Trying to say that I main a Marauder as an insult, which is funny because I actually main his class and I don't have an issue keeping both bosses on me, a point that I bring up. After the 2nd boss I get vote kicked from the group due to "toxicity", tank was mad I was calling him out on his behavior and decided to kick me for being toxic. Ironic, to say the last though what was surprising is the fact I actually got kicked:mon_confused:. Needless to say that guy is on my ignore list now, hopefully in the future he doesn't allow for his ego to be so easily bruised.

Let me start this post by saying that BioWare made a mistake by adding Kaon and Lost Island to Vet group finder. (now, you might say that this gives new players a chance to learn but oh boy is that wrong)

So, our story begins with Lost Island Vet run.

Me as a Jugg lvl75,

Assassin lvl75,

Sorcerer lvl60 and Marauder lvl63.

I started the run as I always do, by greeting everyone and in response only Sorcerer lvl60 said Hi back and wrote that she was new to the FP.

No problem as I expected that most people running Vet Lost Island were new, I wrote that the FP was easy and that I will explain all the strats/shortcuts etc. as we go through the FP.

But the run started with a wipe to trash.

Assassin lvl75 decided to aggro 5 trash mobs and then proceeded to rage in chat how we didn't wait for him even though he didn't write anything or that he didn't know the FP. ( I decided to check his achievements and he had completed all the usual Vet FPs expect Kaon/Island/Colicoid)

After that wipe I showed them how we can skip the trash and at the jump two of them died (just a fun little info, nothing bad).

The mini boss after the jump starts, Assassin lvl75 dies after standing in the bad (circle) and blames me for not telling him he shouldn't stand in it. (we didn't wipe)

FP continues as usual, they aggro every thrash mob and we're constantly at low health (In part because Marauder lvl63 and Assassin lvl75 don't heal outside of combat) but I somehow manage to pull us through with the help of a Sorcerer lvl60.

First boss was a pain with 1 wipe.

I ended pulling the boss to the corner for an easier battle and asked the Sorcerer lvl60 to stay near the kolto just in case after explaining to the rest of the team what to do. (kill adds take the circle away from us). The wipe happened because the Assassin lvl75 wouldn't move and kept the circles on top of us. (fun times lol)

They die few more times to trash after the first boss. (the charge mini boss)

We have finally reached the one and only mr.Wipe (Sav-Rak) and oh boy did everything go south from there.

I explained everything in detail but the Assassin lvl75 and Marauder lvl63 just would not stand under the boss no matter how nicely I asked them to.

After 7 wipes they ended up listening but a new problem arose, they wouldn't go to the burners after Sav jumped and we ended up wiping 2 more times.

After that wipe Assassin lvl75 was raging how they shouldn't listen to me and that they should just DPS the boss and the boss would die faster.

To paraphrase: 'Just keep attacking and don't listen to his ******** advice. The boss will die'

I wrote LOL to his comment and the kick was initiated. Reason for the kick 'He is telling us how to play the game' lol

Sorcerer lvl60 protested but at the end I was kicked from the FP. So all in all it was fun.

And with this story I came to a conclusion that I prefer ******e vet players that know what they are doing.

Because with them you are going to finish the FP and all you have to do is ignore the constant toxicity in chat while with newbies you will deal with people not listening, constant wipes, raging in chat and being called toxic after that.

Not to mention the whole community being called toxic and not welcoming to new players even though they were the ones being ******es.

I wish everyone a good day and I'm out :D

Edited by RainEbon