<Hoth Ski Patrol> Looking for active PvPers!

Llacertus

<Hoth Ski Patrol> is searching for active PvPers! We're are a friendly guild of experienced PvPers just looking to have fun in a casual environment. We have several solo ranked players, and we do Group Ranked occassionally. We never do objectives in warzones. Send mail to Bonzai or Rhuark if you want an invite.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Why dont you ever do objectives in Warzone? Isnt the point to win?

Why I'm so glad you asked! There are actually many reasons why!

1. Rewards for both winning and losing are so disproportionately small compared to other pve modes, that there is no point in trying to farm rewards in pvp. Flashpoints, uprisings, operations, heroics, and even chapters all give better rewards than unranked pvp which is far more difficult than most of these options.

2. Oftentimes players get stuck guarding a node. Standing around waiting for something to happen is not pvp interaction.

3. The class balance for winning 8v8's is broken beyond repair. There's no point in trying to win a game rigged from the start. If we really wanted to play objs, we'd run a full squad of operatives and win every game.

4. Playing objectives means hinging your enjoyment on the outcome of the match. When you decide not to care about objectives, your enjoyment of the match comes actually having fun with pvp. I've been in games where our team was completely steamrolled since the enemy was moving in a horde, but I was satisfied at the end of it because I did a ton of cleave damage. I know many pvper's whose enjoyment of swtor increased when they stopped playing objectives.

5. Playing objectives means relying on a team of completely random people to not only to play objectives, but also to have the awareness of mind to make call outs, stop caps, throw the huttball, etc. Even if all that goes correctly, you can still lose if the class balance is off.

6. Finally, you're skill with your class will improve more while actually pvping instead of standing around guarding a node or passing a huttball around.

Edited by Llacertus

• 2 weeks later...

I mean, that’s all well and good for your guild. But it’s pretty inconsiderate toward people outside of your guild that are on your team and trying to go for objectives. Some people want to win the match for various reasons, but it’s hard when half the team is just number farming at mid. Class balance is borked, I’ll admit that. But why exacerbate the problem by not actually trying to win?

Besides, if you want to farm dps and kills, just queue granked. Better rewards, better competition, and everyone gets what they want. I don’t understand why non-objective players don’t just stick to ranked. Why play a mode with something you don’t want and try to force it to conform to your play style when there’s a perfectly good mode with exactly what you want?

• 2 weeks later...
I mean, that’s all well and good for your guild. But it’s pretty inconsiderate toward people outside of your guild that are on your team and trying to go for objectives. Some people want to win the match for various reasons, but it’s hard when half the team is just number farming at mid. Class balance is borked, I’ll admit that. But why exacerbate the problem by not actually trying to win?

Besides, if you want to farm dps and kills, just queue granked. Better rewards, better competition, and everyone gets what they want. I don’t understand why non-objective players don’t just stick to ranked. Why play a mode with something you don’t want and try to force it to conform to your play style when there’s a perfectly good mode with exactly what you want?

i dont know what you're talking about, when you pvp instead of obj you're not "trying to force it to conform to your play style" you are just choosing to pvp and ignoring the pve/obj aspect of it entirely. i have a better question than "why do pvpers not just stick to ranked"? the real question should be; "why do pvers/objers (they are the same thing, if you're doing objs you are simply partaking in pve gameplay, objects are part of the environment) just go do flashpoints and/or operations or any of the other pve content in the game"? which are all purely objectives, it's exactly what they want. instead of entering warzones and whining at people who actually pvp.

Edited by zerkington