Accessing PTS via Steam launcher

Meurik

Would love to try out the forthcoming changes (and the addition of Combat Styles), but I see no options to access the PTS or copy my characters.

I use Steam. Any suggestions? (beyond calling me a Bioware plant, or some other insulting remark)

https://imgur.com/a/lgsfklW

Go to SWTOR STORE page on Steam. Scroll Down and you will see "Want to participate in the STAR WARS™: The Old Republic™ - Public Test Server? Click here to install it now." in blue writing in a lighter shade of blue box right above where it says "PLAY STAR WARS THE OLD REPUBLIC" "FREE TO PLAY" "PLAY GAME".

Would love to try out the forthcoming changes (and the addition of Combat Styles), but I see no options to access the PTS or copy my characters.

I use Steam. Any suggestions? (beyond calling me a Bioware plant, or some other insulting remark)

https://imgur.com/a/lgsfklW

There's no option to copy characters for anyone at the moment, Steam or not.

And no, you're right, the Steam version of the client can't access PTS. However, nothing(1) stops you downloading the non-Steam launcher and using the Steam-linked account on it.

(1) Well, one(2) thing, maybe. You end up with three copies of SWTOR on your disk - one from Steam, one "Live" from the non-Steam launcher, and one "PTS" from the non-Steam launcher. That might be an issue...

(2) Well, maybe two things. You have to download the extra two copies of the game, and if your Internet service is provided by barbarians(3), you may run into problems with data caps.

(3) If you have data caps (except, perhaps, on cellular service), your service is provided by barbarians.

There's no option to copy characters for anyone at the moment, Steam or not.

And no, you're right, the Steam version of the client can't access PTS. However, nothing(1) stops you downloading the non-Steam launcher and using the Steam-linked account on it.

(1) Well, one(2) thing, maybe. You end up with three copies of SWTOR on your disk - one from Steam, one "Live" from the non-Steam launcher, and one "PTS" from the non-Steam launcher. That might be an issue...

(2) Well, maybe two things. You have to download the extra two copies of the game, and if your Internet service is provided by barbarians(3), you may run into problems with data caps.

(3) If you have data caps (except, perhaps, on cellular service), your service is provided by barbarians.

Steam version can access PTS. Read 2nd comment.