Roadmap Update - Spring 2018

KeithKanneg

• Dev Post

Hey all,

As Musco mentioned in the Live Stream yesterday, we’re busy working on an update to the Roadmap which should be available in mid-February. Keep in mind, we’ve just released Game Update 5.7, so expect the Roadmap to give you insight about the next 90 days or so.

I’m not ready to discuss all of the summer events and beyond that we’re planning. And, I definitely will not provide any information on what’s included in 6.0 ;). So, as always, hang in there, and we’ll provide you with what’s going on with SWTOR!

For the many of you who have asked privately, yes, I'm doing great, but December and January are typically very busy months for us with all the planning activities. Personally, I've been playing quite a bit, and am focused on crafting Superior Augments for my characters. Hopefully, I'll reach Elite Warlord on my 2nd character, very soon, and to be honest, I'm pretty happy with all the changes we made this past year for Galactic Command.

Will update you soon,

Keith---

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like the fact that a 6.0 was teased, but i really wish you could give a few teaser points or broad strokes as far out as is being developed.

I know some people hold you to every letter of everything, but most of us are more sane than that and are simply looking for a reason to continue supporting the game we love.

I little more long term expectation would carry a ton of weight in that regard.

Hey all,

As Musco mentioned in the Live Stream yesterday, we’re busy working on an update to the Roadmap which should be available in mid-February. Keep in mind, we’ve just released Game Update 5.7, so expect the Roadmap to give you insight about the next 90 days or so.

I’m not ready to discuss all of the summer events and beyond that we’re planning. And, I definitely will not provide any information on what’s included in 6.0 ;). So, as always, hang in there, and we’ll provide you with what’s going on with SWTOR!

For the many of you who have asked privately, yes, I'm doing great, but December and January are typically very busy months for us with all the planning activities. Personally, I've been playing quite a bit, and am focused on crafting Superior Augments for my characters. Hopefully, I'll reach Elite Warlord on my 2nd character, very soon, and to be honest, I'm pretty happy with all the changes we made this past year for Galactic Command.

Will update you soon,

Keith---

The mass doom hysteria (yes I'm guilty of jumping on that bandwagon) has led to a result! And a tiny hint that there will be a 6.0 :eek: There's hope for more Malavai Quinn. Everyone cancel the cancelling! :D

Edited by Sarova

The mass doom hysteria (yes I'm guilty of jumping on that bandwagon) has led to a result! And a tiny hint that there will be a 6.0 :eek: There's hope for more Malavai Quinn. Everyone cancel the cancelling! :D

This announcement is too little too late for Tsillah, not even one full day after he torched all of his toons.

And we've seen announcements before. TIme now is for some serious follow-through on it.

Hey all,

Will update you soon,

Keith---

Glad to hear that Keith, hope you had a great holiday. Looking forward to the roadmap!

This announcement is too little too late for Tsillah, not even one full day after he torched all of his toons.

And we've seen announcements before. TIme now is for some serious follow-through on it.

It's soon enough he could still get all his toons back.

After the lack of content in 5.7, I cannot subscribe again until specific new content is announced with a date and sufficient detail to commit again. You had my loyalty since launch, but that was entirely broken due to the lack of content in 2017 and then the incredibly small 5.7 patch. What you are currently doing is not enough to earn $15 a month.

He can get them restored, though he did seem pretty final this time. When I rage quit, I never go as far as deleting anything. Failing a restore it doesn't take that long to level up to 70, though the lack of legacy might be a pain.

Just a point for people who think the news of 6.0 somehow disproves the Kotaku article. Development for an MMO is a time-consuming process. 6.0 likely has been in the works for over a year. They still could be discussing the future of SWTOR and the article still could be true if resources have been reallocated to Anthem.

In this case, all BioWare would be doing is keeping a small team to finish the Polish on the things that were already in the pipeline while not putting anything new in that pipeline.

I think Keith is well aware of the article but can't comment on it. He is showing face to try to calm people down which is a good PR move but unfortunately gives us no Clarity one way or the other.

He can get them restored, though he did seem pretty final this time. When I rage quit, I never go as far as deleting anything. Failing a restore it doesn't take that long to level up to 70, though the lack of legacy might be a pain.

I did what he did, but in EQ1. I purposefully liquidated all my toons, holdings, plat, everything -- torched 7 years of investment in the game -- just so I'd never have any incentive to go back. I was done.

As far as EQ2 goes, that investment is still there, I'm just unsubbed.

This looks like an announcement of an announcement. I honestly hope that 6.0 will be way better than 5.0 in regard to content - namely an expansion. The way I understand it the roadmap will cover that the last roadmap already mentioned - last boss and the end of the traitor arc plus I suspect some returning companions. Things we already know. But I will of course preserve judgement when I actually see it.

Bit disappointed we didn't get a clue about 6.0...but as you said Keith "as always". I would have liked to hear the more long term plans of the studio about SWTOR, which is vastly loved and supported as is the SW IP. No mobile game lol or shooter multiplayer clones will beat that in the long term.

But in the end something is better than nothing, same goes for replies from devs.

As for myself, I will resume my 6month subs after I see there will be serious support for the game and not crumbs of content for a whole year. Pretty sure the road map would not present me with this answer, so i will probably check back in the summer.

Edited by ExarSun

ya well how about you fix some things like trying to beat vaylin,s spirit it is imposable to do I don't mind hard but not imposable and yes I do pay to play this game that helps to keep you on a job I have some toons that I have been trying to defeat vaylin,s spirit from day one it came out so some thing needs to be dune about it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.:mad:

And so all the Kotaku rumours are dispelled! 6.0 is definitely in the works so we can all rest easy development is NOT going to be stopped!!! Hurray!!!

Thanks Keith for the wonderful reply! I love the coyness with the 6.0 bit ;P

Edited by Ylliarus

ya well how about you fix some things like trying to beat vaylin,s spirit it is imposable to do I don't mind hard but not imposable and yes I do pay to play this game that helps to keep you on a job I have some toons that I have been trying to defeat vaylin,s spirit from day one it came out so some thing needs to be dune about it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.:mad:

You wot m8? It is easy even without Lord Dramath, just get the healing orbs, stay away from her aoe or go the ultra easy mode with Lord Dramath as a companion for the fight with her (keep him in the holocron, dark side option). This is on you, no the devs.

Hey all,

Will update you soon,

Keith---

Can you play my toons and get them to Elite Warlord status too? I don't really PvP but that sounds cool. What else do you like besides bacon and what's your favorite drink?

Looking forward to the actual Roadmap though even if you're being a meaniepoops who won't talk about 6.0.