Vette's birth name reveal.

bc_camillus

Hi folks, so basically I did the mission where you meet Vette's sister and she calls her by her birth name (Ce'na), but I foolishly selected the first option and now I regret my decision. My question is - will there be another occasion where my character learns of her birth name? I know this might seem trivial, however even though I am not romancing with her, I feel like it's a crucial moment in the relationship. Thanks!

Presumably an opportunity for Vette to give the Warrior an epic earful, seeing as how she seems to prefer being called Vette by now.

me and vette only use her birth name in our private time

"okay you want private time, I dont want to know what you do in your private time" ~ gault rennaut

I just want to know why Vette wouldn't be a real name? :p

It might be, but the thread is about her *birth* name, Ce'na, which is, indeed, learned during one of the companion-conversation external missions. And the source of this information mentions it in a way that suggests ... doubt, let's say, about the legal nature of "Vette" as her name.

"Vette? Is that what you're calling yourself now?"

What I wonder about when I think about it is what the rest of Vette's birth name might be if SWTOR follows the old Legends/EU pattern of Twi'lek names and how they're broken up having meaning. *

* X-WIng novel series, "The Bacta War", for example, a Twi'lek tells Wedge that Wedge'antilles has a negative connotation in the Twi'lek language and ends up turning him into Wedgean'tilles. I think it was also mentioned that Bib Fortuna was originally Bibfort'una until the Una clan cast him out for selling his fellow Twi'leks as slaves, but I'm not certain.

• 2 weeks later...
It might be, but the thread is about her *birth* name, Ce'na, which is, indeed, learned during one of the companion-conversation external missions. And the source of this information mentions it in a way that suggests ... doubt, let's say, about the legal nature of "Vette" as her name.

"Vette? Is that what you're calling yourself now?"

Yes, but she also replies in such a way that says "How would Vette be a real name?"

Yes, but she also replies in such a way that says "How would Vette be a real name?"

Fair point, although she probably means "a real name for a Twi'lek", i.e. how can a one-word, one-syllable name be a proper name for a Twi'lek, who have a cultural pattern of two-part names?

Of course, there's an obvious weakness in this analysis, since, well, planets is big, with plenty of room for different naming conventions. Just look at our own Earth, and consider how much variety of naming patterns we have.