7.1 Modifications - What's available and how to get them

BryantWood

• Dev Post

Hi players!

As you saw with 7.1, modifications are back! We’re reading through the feedback players are submitting and we wanted to add some clarity on what is now available for players and how they can obtain these items.

How to obtain 7.1 modifications

Both Republic and Imperial players can talk to Hyde and Zeek in the Supplies section of the fleet near the other modification vendors. Hyde will offer players 4 missions that will open up access to purchase mods. Please note that Hyde and Zeek will only offer missions to players who are level 80 and are wearing gear with an Item Rating of 324 or higher.

Here are the missions offered:

Zeek's Deconstruction: 328 Prototype

Completing this Mission will allow the player to purchase (each costs 100,000 credits)

• Resistive Armoring 99
  • Versatile Armoring 99
  • Resistive Barrel 99
  • Versatile Barrel 99
  • Bulwark Enhancement 99
  • Proficient Enhancement 99
  • Savant Enhancement 99
  • Powerful Enhancement 99
  • Bastion Enhancement 99
  • Resistive Hilt 99
  • Versatile Hilt 99
  • Lethal Mod 99
  • Warding Mod 99B

Zeek's Deconstruction: 330 Prototype

Completing this Mission will allow the player to purchase (each costs 100,000 credits)

• Resistive Armoring 100
  • Versatile Armoring 100
  • Resistive Barrel 100
  • Versatile Barrel 100
  • Bulwark Enhancement 100
  • Proficient Enhancement 100
  • Savant Enhancement 100
  • Powerful Enhancement 100
  • Bastion Enhancement 100
  • Resistive Hilt 100
  • Versatile Hilt 100
  • Lethal Mod 100
  • Warding Mod 100B

Zeek's Deconstruction: 328 Artifact

Completing this Mission will allow the player to purchase (each costs 200,000 credits)

• Advanced Initiative Enhancement 95
  • Advanced Nimble Enhancement 95
  • Advanced Adept Enhancement 95
  • Advanced Vigilant Enhancement 95
  • Advanced Steadfast Enhancement 95

Zeek's Deconstruction: 330 Artifact

Completing this Mission will allow the player to purchase (each costs 200,000 credits)

• Advanced Initiative Enhancement 96
  • Advanced Nimble Enhancement 96
  • Advanced Adept Enhancement 96
  • Advanced Vigilant Enhancement 96
  • Advanced Steadfast Enhancement 96

See you on the Fleet!

Edited by JackieKo

This simply confirms my greatest fears. Once again the powers that be are proving that 7.x is a giant middle finger to over half the player base. Content locked mods. The gearing system in 7.x is an "Us Four and No More" gearing system. It is Ossus all over again, only this time, on steroids. Thanks EAware, you have destroyed this game for me. Thank God for Elden Ring. I won't be renewing my sub when it expires. It's over for me. The frustration level is now officially greater than the fun factor, and that means it is time to move on. I spent years playing my way, was in fact encouraged to do so, only to have 7.x drop and the beginning of the "Do what we want you to do, the way we want you to do it, or screw you era begin. It was fun while it lasted, but it's over.

Who is this for, exactly? The low-end player? No, their gear doesn't qualify. The high-end player? No, they've already sailed past these levels. The middle-end player? Maybe. But where are the artifact mods and armorings? How does this actually help with gearing?

I suppose having the stats associated with these offerings would be helpful.

It should be noted that blue 330 blue armoring/hilt/barrel + 330 blue mod + 330 purple enhancement is equivalent to Rakata gear.

This is fantastic for gearing alts up. And yes, conquest folk don't need access to it. If you are gearing up through conquest, min-maxing isn't a concern for you.

Who is this for, exactly? The low-end player? No, their gear doesn't qualify. The high-end player? No, they've already sailed past these levels. The middle-end player? Maybe. But where are the artifact mods and armorings? How does this actually help with gearing?

You can gear alts or off-classes even if they have different weapons or roles to 328 purple for the most casual of casual players because pvp will get you 328 purple even if you're afk and that unlocks 328 mods.

If you can do the easiest of NiM bosses that lets you get the 330 purple pieces to unlock 330 mods.

I'm sorting a 330 offhand for a less played class, I can either do several mmfp for weekly upgrade boxes and end up with a blue 330 offhand or I can spend 400k and get the mods for a blue/purple 330 which has the same stats as a 330 purple offhand from NiM without having to do more NiM.

See for yourself: https://i.ibb.co/vm7ytQM/tmp.png

Come that that, you don't need to be gearing alts, as soon as you get two pieces of 330 from easy NiM bosses you can turn them in for the missions and fully gear to 330 off the vendor for credits.

Edited by Gyronamics

You can gear alts or off-classes even if they have different weapons or roles to 328 purple for the most casual of casual players because pvp will get you 328 purple even if you're afk and that unlocks 328 mods.

If you can do the easiest of NiM bosses that lets you get the 330 purple pieces to unlock 330 mods.

I'm sorting a 330 offhand for a less played class, I can either do several mmfp for weekly upgrade boxes and end up with a blue 330 offhand or I can spend 400k and get the mods for a blue/purple 330 which has the same stats as a 330 purple offhand from NiM without having to do more NiM.

See for yourself: https://i.ibb.co/vm7ytQM/tmp.png

Come that that, you don't need to be gearing alts, as soon as you get two pieces of 330 from easy NiM bosses you can turn them in for the missions and fully gear to 330 off the vendor for credits.

You don't even need to do difficult group contents.

Pure solo players can solo vet mode Black Talon or just any easy vm fps to get a blue 330 ear/implant (all vet mode flashpoints give green armor pieces but blue ear/implants) and unlock the blue 330 mods forever. Or solo a mm Black Talon. I used to grind them on my own to gear up. I think they are still easy.

Using blue 330 enhancement instead of purple 330 enhancement to make a set of pure blue 330 gears will still give much better stats distribution than a set of green 330 gears which should make the life of solo players easier.

I don't even bother to get my alts purple enhancement since I only do story mode operations. I'm too lazy lol But it's good to know the option is there.

Edited by eabevella

Hi players!

As you saw with 7.1, modifications are back! We’re reading through the feedback players are submitting and we wanted to add some clarity on what is now available for players and how they can obtain these items.

Both Republic and Imperial players can talk to Hyde and Zeek in the Supplies section of the fleet near the other modification vendors. Hyde will offer players 4 missions that will open up access to purchase mods. Please note that Hyde and Zeek will only offer missions to players who are wearing gear with an Item Rating of 324 or higher.

Can you change the missions to achievements and tie access to the vendors to that achievement, so that we can access the vendor with ANY character after it's been unlocked. And preferably remove the item rating barrier as well. I shouldn't need to equip gear to buy something.

The vendor is in the furtherst possible distance from any legacy bank. It is a pain to get the gear every time to be able to buy anything. It's a pain trying to balance the stats when buying the mods for alts.

I would have geared up all my alts already if it didn't require me to do million logins, logouts, instance changes and whatnot. It would be a good credit sink, if hadn't been made so complicated.

Unfortunately quest is hardly bugged: both artifact Zeek's Deconstruction gives (4 different chars)

Initiative, Vigilant and Steadfast enchancements but not Nimble and Adept

The quest is not bugged.

The vendor is bugged by filtering mods depending on whether you're a force or tech class.

Have a look at what happens if you remove the class filter and view all: https://i.ibb.co/KVFkQzk/tmp.png

The quest is not bugged.

The vendor is bugged by filtering mods depending on whether you're a force or tech class.

Have a look at what happens if you remove the class filter and view all: https://i.ibb.co/KVFkQzk/tmp.png

I always thought that any DD/H (no matter force- or tech- one) needs alacrity and crit...

PS

Good job, programmers, "I find your lack of logic disturbing"©

Because Bioware hates when people want artifact grade items. Why make the 330 artifact enhancements the only things that are purple artifact and not the mods, hilts and armoring? It really irritates me and triggers my ocd like no other. I am going to keep my rakata gear and just transfer it between alts like I've always done.

Hi players!

Both Republic and Imperial players can talk to Hyde and Zeek in the Supplies section of the fleet near the other modification vendors. Hyde will offer players 4 missions that will open up access to purchase mods. Please note that Hyde and Zeek will only offer missions to players who are wearing gear with an Item Rating of 324 or higher.

Here are the missions offered:

Zeek's Deconstruction: 328 Prototype

• Resistive Armoring 99
  • Versatile Armoring 99
  • Resistive Barrel 99
  • Versatile Barrel 99
  • Bulwark Enhancement 99
  • Proficient Enhancement 99
  • Savant Enhancement 99
  • Powerful Enhancement 99
  • Bastion Enhancement 99
  • Resistive Hilt 99
  • Versatile Hilt 99
  • Lethal Mod 99
  • Warding Mod 99B

Zeek's Deconstruction: 330 Prototype

• Resistive Armoring 100
  • Versatile Armoring 100
  • Resistive Barrel 100
  • Versatile Barrel 100
  • Bulwark Enhancement 100
  • Proficient Enhancement 100
  • Savant Enhancement 100
  • Powerful Enhancement 100
  • Bastion Enhancement 100
  • Resistive Hilt 100
  • Versatile Hilt 100
  • Lethal Mod 100
  • Warding Mod 100B

Zeek's Deconstruction: 328 Artifact

• Advanced Initiative Enhancement 95
  • Advanced Nimble Enhancement 95
  • Advanced Adept Enhancement 95
  • Advanced Vigilant Enhancement 95
  • Advanced Steadfast Enhancement 95

Zeek's Deconstruction: 330 Artifact

• Advanced Initiative Enhancement 96
  • Advanced Nimble Enhancement 96
  • Advanced Adept Enhancement 96
  • Advanced Vigilant Enhancement 96
  • Advanced Steadfast Enhancement 96

See you on the Fleet!

Thanks for the post and explanation but it would have been much better to post this last Tuesday when 7.1 dropped instead of waiting a week.

This gearing change is pretty much the best thing since 4.X, or whenever it was that we had cheap PVP gear. I’m a solo pvp’er primarily and I’m loving this. Definitely going to be putting together a gear set for all of the alts. Will be playing Deception, Vengeance, Annihilation, AP PT, Pyro, Merc heals, I/O and Arsenal, PT tank…practically ALL of the things. Devs: you have my thanks :)

P.S. logging into these forums is a super annoying process. Waiting for the one-time password email, and as soon as you log in it takes you away from the forum post and to the SWTOR home page. It took about ten minutes to be able to post this. There have been plenty of times where I ended up not posting something because I didn’t have the patience…I’m certain this limits feedback.

P.P.S. Carnage still isn’t great, IMO. It just feels so clunky, and the new shard of Mortis tactical doesn’t help much (although building up to a huge devastating blast is fun on a dummy, it’s easy to mess up in a pvp environment where targets are constantly running away - those 6 seconds disappear quick). I miss the old channeled Ravage / Master Strike animation. My idea of a non “clunky” feel is Vengeance. Everything just seems to flow from one ability to the next and you don’t have to spam the same ability 3-5 times in a row like with Carnage.

Edited by teclado

I'm primarily a solo player and switching 3 pieces of my 326 gear with gold pieces + 330 mods allowed me to solo the Manaan daily H4 on my inquisitor. So whilst you're right - high geared OPs players are probably way above this and most soloers won't be interested, some of us like a challenge and the new mod system helps us improve our gear so we can do those challenges. I rather like that.

I have to say, I'm well confused as to how I should be gearing now or if I should even be bothering. I pvp and gsf, do conquest on alts to 100k+ on each to get guild perks. Rarely do FPs or OPs but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to be equiped to a level where I'd be welcome to join in.

Here since launch and this is definately the most confusing gearing regime I've seen. Constantly being short of one material or another and having to chase down and repeatedly do content I find boring to plug the missing material. I'm looking at you Daily Resource Matrix.

Is it all a nonsense or do I just need someone to put it into English/Basic for me?!

Is it all a nonsense or do I just need someone to put it into English/Basic for me?!

Its a cheaper way to get to Rakata 330 equivalent, so more of a catch up option for those not already in full 330. Instead of the static/nonmoddable gear, you buy the mods/enhancements and put them in a legacy shell and viola, you have the same stats with nothing but credits and not having to farm tons of currency.

You need at least a Blue 330 piece (from anywhere) and a Purple 330 piece. Get the mission from the guy, deconstruct (can only do one mission and deconstruct thing at a time) and you can now buy 330 Blue armoring/mod/hilt/barrels and 330 Purple enhancements that together match the stats of 330 rakata that was previously restricted to NiM ops.

Here's the rub...you need to be a certain item rating to get the mission, think its 328 but not sure...so you might have to spend some currency getting your existing gear to 328, and you need at least 1 Blue and Purple 330 to deconstruct. But once you're there, you can buy all the stuff for credits, like 200k per item.

put them in a legacy shell and viola, you have the same stats with nothing but credits and not having to farm tons of currency.

I am afraid viola doesn't mean what you think it does. Also BW, please, for ops haters, allow to deconstruct legendary implants or allow pvp gear go up to item rating 330 - the same rating as every other gear is now.

This new gearing system has left me very disappointed. Whoever thought of this should be fired. Bioware has made gearing unnecessarily difficult and complicated.

I understand your desire to manufacture difficulty and create the illusion of "gear progression." This, however, is not the way to do it. The renowned system wasn't the best, but it did at least combine all aspects of gameplay into a single currency for purchasing gear.

Forcing people to play GSF and OPs is more harmful than beneficial.

• Like 1

I am afraid viola doesn't mean what you think it does. Also BW, please, for ops haters, allow to deconstruct legendary implants or allow pvp gear go up to item rating 330 - the same rating as every other gear is now.

I'm curious, why would you want to deconstruct a legendary implant?

Here's the rub...you need to be a certain item rating to get the mission, think its 328 but not sure...

You could be sure if you read the dev post that started this thread.

I'm curious, why would you want to deconstruct a legendary implant?

To get access to purple 330 rating enhancements as I don't have my own raid team and I feel no desire to PuG NiM ops, not even Nefra. Currently, non raiders have access to only blue 330 gear.

It would be nice for non raiders to get access to purple 330 enhancements now since raiders have access to 340 gear.

Edited by black_pyros
  • Like 2

To get access to purple 330 rating enhancements as I don't have my own raid team and I feel no desire to PuG NiM ops, not even Nefra. Currently, non raiders have access to only blue 330 gear.

It would be nice for non raiders to get access to purple 330 enhancements now since raiders have access to 340 gear.

What's the point? Are you randomly choosing a number and saying you want it :confused:

PVP got raised from 326 cap to 328 and now augments are allowed

Turbo casual players got raised from 326 green (conq) to 330 green (conq)

Casual players got raised from purple 326 (pvp) to 330 blue (mmfp)

Slightly competent players got raised from purple 330 (nefra farm) to purple 331 (334 implants)

Serious PVE teams got raised from purple 330 (still nefra :p) to blue and purple 340 (r4 VM)

If you can't be bothered to even pug the easiest NiM boss what's the logic of you getting that grade of reward.

Edited by Gyronamics