Swoop Races - Perfect Races not Working - (All three planets for Horizon Racers)

Schneegol

Hello,

So I've seen some threads in the past with respect to this, or rather specific races, but I am currently experiencing an issue where I'm trying to work towards the Horizon Racer's Perfect Run Achievements. However, they are simply not unlocking.

I will get all the Orbs required for both the primary and bonus objectives, get all the speed boasts required, and complete the timer with 3 to 12 seconds to spare. I also have hit no collisions and even went as far to avoid ramps and rocks trees etc in case they counted as collisions.

I'm really flustered as the only reason I do these events is for achievements.

I have restarted my game, restarted my computer, but had no luck.

I've watched guide after guide of other people completing perfect runs, copied them, and still have not gotten any perfect runs for any Horizon Racer planets.

Not sure what to do, but if anyone would like me to record videos of my perfect runs, I can, and provide them. Or any additional information.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Did anyone get achievements for perfect races on Onderon or Tatooine? On Dantooine I got all three in the first run, but on the others not, despite getting all bonus missions done etc. (I am playing on a new server).

That seemed odd, especially for the not-Bek ones, as they are very easy.

It's likely the time trial bonus. For whatever reason it's not completing when you finish the race. It won't show up in the chat as completed, so you won't get the achievement (or credits and renown tied to the bonus).

• Dev Post

Hi folks,

Thanks for reporting the bug with the Perfection Achievements on Onderon and Tatooine.

This bug is a known issue:

• THE ALL WORLDS ULTIMATE SWOOP RALLY
    • It is not possible to complete the Blatant Beks, Horizon's Razors, and Pit Screamers Perfection Achievement on Tatooine and Onderon.

Our team is currently looking into it. I'll update the known issues list when I have more info.

I got Perfect on Dantooine for the Beks and Pit Screamers but have been hitting perfect on all races since and not been getting the Perfects even with 30 seconds left on bonus timers.

Does the chat log show you completing the Time Trial bonus and getting the rewards from it? I'm able to get the bonus regularly on dantooine, but tatooine requires going through the finish line from the other side. Onderon won't trigger for me no matter what I do.

Edited by Benito

Hi folks,

Thanks for reporting the bug with the Perfection Achievements on Onderon and Tatooine.

• It is not possible to complete the Blatant Beks, Horizon's Razors, and Pit Screamers Perfection Achievement on Tatooine and Onderon.

Our team is currently looking into it. I'll update the known issues list when I have more info.

Thanks a lot for this confirmation, will safe me a lot of effort trying to get it. :)

There is something I noticed that I think I should share. During every race you get "bonus mission: time trial" or something like that. Like all bonus missions, you will see green text saying you completed it. Whenever I finish a race on Dantooine I see "completed bonus mission: time trial". However, I have never once seen that text on either Onderon or Tatooine. Which means I don't receive credit for finishing the race with time remaining. I'm assuming I'm not the only one experiencing this bug. That said, I'm willing to bet that this is the reason we are not getting these achievements. I hope the devs see this.

There is a workaround to this bug until they get it working properly. Do everything required for the achievement, and at the finish line, go through the opposite side. This is hardest to do on Onderon, as you need a bit of extra time since it’s a long path around. It still feels a little buggy specifically on Onderon, but I’ve gotten every perfection achievement doing this over the previous and current event. Not sure why going through the back of the finish line works vs normally.
  • Like 1

There is a workaround to this bug until they get it working properly. Do everything required for the achievement, and at the finish line, go through the opposite side. This is hardest to do on Onderon, as you need a bit of extra time since it’s a long path around. It still feels a little buggy specifically on Onderon, but I’ve gotten every perfection achievement doing this over the previous and current event. Not sure why going through the back of the finish line works vs normally.

This method reliably triggers the time trial bonus for Tatooine, but it has yet to work for me on Onderon. At this point I've gone through the back a dozen times and the time trial never completes.

This method reliably triggers the time trial bonus for Tatooine, but it has yet to work for me on Onderon. At this point I've gone through the back a dozen times and the time trial never completes.

Yeah, I had a hard time with it as well, especially with the Blatant Perfection on Onderon achievement. I did get it to work though. It also took me quite a few tries. Some things I tried (not sure what triggered it): going through the exact middle of the finish, instead of near the side; Not having a speed boost when finishing; when going around to the other side, jumping and riding on top of the start line box as a shortcut; and making sure to have plenty of time/hitting extra objectives on the Beks run.

One thing I considered but never tried is slowing down (2 ability) a bit before finishing. I’m guessing that there is some trigger that needs to be hit as well as the finish, so maybe slowing down would make sure it notices that before it notices you completing the race?

I have no idea if any of those actually did anything, or if the game just registered it randomly. Also, the achievement didn’t pop up like others would, it just had the text in the middle of the screen, and was completed in my legacy.

Hopefully some of that helps and you get your run. Looks like they’re aware of it, so maybe by next event it will be fixed anyway.

Edit:

To be clear, all those things I tried are in addition to finishing on the opposite side of the finish line. I don’t think the achievements are possible by completing it normally right now.

Edited by Jasster

My bad, I forgot to publish them!
Watched the Beks one, you missed one stack to bomb to the right after the first ramp up in the left turn (would have been the fourth) and one up high in the tunnel after the 2nd jump inside the tunnel. So if a prerequisite was to detonate all stacks and not just enough, then that would explain it.

I'm still having issues with Horizon Razor perfection on Dantooine. I've completed the before the time runs out and collected all the bonus orbs. I've even followed the track to some of the vids I've seen of the run of other folks getting it and still it will not complete. :confused:

Edit: Upon further investigation it looks like my bonus mission for orbs is not in my chatlog even tho it is in my mission log tracker and completes.

Edit edit: Figured it out. If you complete the orb bonus but fail the course or reset it, you cannot complete perfection as the bonus mission will not be granted again that day for that character.

Edited by Guardian_Scott

thanks a bunch for this! (wish I read it sooner, now time runs out ^^)

it worked like a charm on Tatooine!

Not on Onderon though but I only tried each racing team once just now so will definitely try it again next time the event is active

or maybe they finally fix that bug and it works like it should next time ;)

thanks a bunch for this! (wish I read it sooner, now time runs out ^^)

it worked like a charm on Tatooine!

Not on Onderon though but I only tried each racing team once just now so will definitely try it again next time the event is active

or maybe they finally fix that bug and it works like it should next time ;)

Same here. no problems with this workaround on Tatooine, works perfectly fine (crossing the finish line from the opposite side), but Onderon is tricky. Took me something like 30-40 tries (on many characters) to get The Beks Perfection on Onderon. It finally worked, I mean by crossing the finish line from the back. The issue here is not the time, I usually have like 30 seconds left, it is the achievement not triggering. Suddenly it did though. I did everything just the same each try.

Horizon's Razor Perfection on Onderon is another story, I usually lack a second or two. even though I exit the track just before the finish line, junp on the roof of the starting ramp as a shortcut arround the finish line on the bridge. drive up the hill using speed booster and cross the finish line from the back. I only managed to cross the finish line from the opposite side a few times with like 1 or 2 seconds left (and of course bonus mission finished and not having hit any obstacles) - unfortunatelly, it did not count towards the bonus. Will keep trying.

Thanks for the workaround tip :)

Edited by AntaresSWTOR
Syntax Errors Correction

• 2 months later...

What is bugged is the final check-point line, just prior to the finish line. If you cross the final check-point line, the bonus timer mission does not work. Therefore neither does the achievement.

There is a workaround for Dantooine and Tatooine, that works always. Onderon, not so much.

Dantooine: leave the track just before the end, drive to the left, drive between the last check-point line and the finish line.

https://imageshack.com/i/pmvqavSjj

https://imageshack.com/i/pmG6AI66j

Tatooine: just before hitting the final check-point line, leave the track, drive arround the finish line, and cross it from the back.

https://imageshack.com/i/pmGrIWqJj

https://imageshack.com/i/pmFq8pfvj

Onderon: same tactics, leave track just before the end, drive around and cross the finish line from the back. This rarely works on Onderon. Sometimes it does, most of the times it does not.

Since there does not seem to be a will to fix this bug, can we please at least get a chance as in increase the bonus timer by 10 seconds for Onderon Horizon Razers Bonus Time Mission, so we can drive around and cross the finish line from the back in time? Why 10 seconds? There are also 2 ramps that you need to take, one at the very start, another inside the tunnel, and they are supposed to automatically trigger a jump - however, this does not always work though, you sometimes fall off for no apparent reason without the jump being triggered, and have to drive back hoping the jump will trigger this time, what causes wasting time (another bug). So 10 seconds would be enough in my opinion.

This should be a fast tweak, it would not cost a lot of programming time, just to change the timer to have 10 seconds more, so we can at least keep trying. Because the finish line on Onderon is on a bridge, it is not easy nor fast to drive around it, and even if/when we cross it from the back in time, it rarely works, so we could at least keep trying...

Thank you...

Edited by AntaresSWTOR
adding screenshots

• 3 months later...
Hi folks,

Think ypu can get this fixed BEFORE the next swoop event?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...