What’s the easiest of these 3 to solo veteran.

TrixxieTriss

So I got this for the Galactic Seasons weekly and I can’t ever remember doing these 3 flash points before. Are any of them soloable by experienced players and on what classes.

Weekly PO: Hutt Space flashpoints on veteran.

Cademimu

Directive 7

Kuat Drive Yards

KDY is probably one of the harder ones there, it can cause issues for groups, mainly the last bosses.

Cad is probably the easiest though, a solid player should be able to solo that. Stealth classes are probably best as you can skip much. Range might help with the wookie boss (not sure if people still jump on the bonnet of the ship, to keep away from the pigmen)

I've never solo'd any of them though.

Just got it myself, noticed it says on it, you have to go through GF.

Edited by DarkTergon

So I got this for the Galactic Seasons weekly and I can’t ever remember doing these 3 flash points before. Are any of them soloable by experienced players and on what classes.

Cademimu

Directive 7

Kuat Drive Yards

I like directive 7. But I've never tried it with a group. Solo .. there are a couple of places with a lot mobs .. but very doable.

EDIT ... note : the last boss is a royal pain ... but be patient .. should be doable (I know you're better at this than I am).

Edited by OlBuzzard

Cad is probably the easiest though, a solid player should be able to solo that. Stealth classes are probably best as you can skip much. Range might help with the wookie boss (not sure if people still jump on the bonnet of the ship, to keep away from the pigmen)

Yes, people used to do that strat, but these days most groups just stack on the Wookie and AoE the grunts. For solo though you may need to get up on the shuttle.

KDY is probably one of the harder ones there, it can cause issues for groups, mainly the last bosses.

I've never solo'd any of them though.

Just got it myself, noticed it says on it, you have to go through GF.

All the weekly POs with flash points say with GF. But I’ve found you can complete the PO without using GF.

Before 6.0, I soloed KDY on vet on my vengeance juggernaut a few times. It was not exactly as easy and smooth as for example MM RR is for a sin dps, but it was doable with ranged healing companion and with correct usage of dcds, but it was not fun enough for me to keep at it to get all possible achievements in KDY.

Duo killing Mokan in MM Rishi 25 times for an achievement was much better and more fun compared to this, though it had much less room for error. KDY solo felt.. well, too long and high difficulty and not that great rewards, similar feeling like soloing Heroic Fortress - I can do that on my jugg just fine, but there are not many reasons to do that. So I never ran it in 6.0 or later, because there was nothing I wanted to do there.

If you do not want to try KDY? I would try Cademimu, I did not try to solo it but it seemed rather nice and easy when I did that.

On a jugg in situation when there are kolto stations around, I sometimes switch to full tank with Grit teeth tactical, Shae Vizsla as ranged dps companion and with my self heals, dcds, general tankiness and kolto stations it is sometimes safer than playing a dps with healing companion. But it takes slightly longer (though not by much).

Cademimu

Directive 7

Kuat Drive Yards

KDY: boring as hell except the last boss. The droid boss could be tricky if low on dps.

Cademimu: Bosses are easy, trashes are more troublesome. Can skip a lot of stuffs.

D7: Same as Cademimu but longer. Last boss is more annoying.

I did Cademimu 3 times in a roll with 2 guildmates and a nice tank through GF today, we all agreed it's the fastest one. Some of us died... of fall damage lol

2 players with 2 lv50 comps should be enough for KDY. I think I've done it once because ppl dropped/dc mid FP, can't remember what spec I was using and which boss I got though.

All are soloable, have done them recently with Ruffian, Arsenal and Madness. Preference is the stealther of course. Fastest is Cademimu, where even non-stealthers can skip a lot. Longest but easiest is Directive 7 (easy only if you already know the boss-fight mechanics.). RNG in Kuat can be a pain, and you may need to respec for the boss.

That said: " Complete any 3 “Hutt Space” Veteran Mode Flashpoints Through Group Finder"

Don't think soloing counts...

Edit:

All the weekly POs with flash points say with GF. But I’ve found you can complete the PO without using GF.

Ah yeah. off to do some Cademimu runs, then. :D

Edited by Mubrak

I'd like to know this as well. They're all fairly quick with a group. Why does the OP want to solo them and avoid GF?

Because at the times I play I can’t always get groups. I also prefer not to pug with people in GF as I dislike randoms.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Ah yeah. off to do some Cademimu runs, then. :D

I did some tonight.

That first boss fight is a pain in the butt when being Carbonised stunned to death. It takes way too long if you break the stun you get instantly stunned again when you break. I’m not sure how you can get past it solo. I tried with comp on tank and heals. In the end my wife came to help and we got through easy cause he only stuns one of us.

The second boss was easy peasy. Not sure about that strat to get on the ships because it seems you can’t jump up on the ships now? Not that we needed too because we exploded the boss and adds fast.

Third boss was funny and my wife wiped the first attempt because she ran straight into the flames by mistake. After that it’s a breeze to get past.

We did the flash point 3 times on our Assassins. It’s really quick cause you can stealth past all mobs but one group of 4.

That first boss fight is a pain in the butt when being Carbonised stunned to death. It takes way too long if you break the stun you get instantly stunned again when you break. I’m not sure how you can get past it solo.

When the droid activates, there's a glowing circle on the floor. Run behind it so the droid walks in and gets caged ;)

But yeah, why solo it when you can duo it with your partner, always more fun.

Edited by Mubrak

When the droid activates, there's a glowing circle on the floor. Run behind it so the droid walks in and gets caged ;)

I was wondering what that circle was for, thanks for the tip 😊

"Wife" is a nice accessory for playing games, yes, but there are drawbacks.

When you get Wife Aggro, ain't no tank in the world can pull it off you, and they are immune to both calms & interrupts.

I'd like to know this as well. They're all fairly quick with a group. Why does the OP want to solo them and avoid GF?

I can only speak for myself, but I find using groupfinder for vet fps is hit or miss. Sometimes I get paired with a good group and it speeds it up, but just as frequently I get paired with people who make me wish I had just done it solo. I mostly play stealth classes so soloing vet fps is easy.

Plus if you're in need of crafting materials, soloing the vet FP means you get all the isotopes and bags of mats that are normally rolled for.

I try to avoid everything except Hammer Station via GF because the groups are usually random people who do nothing but FPs so know every short cut, jump etc and expect you to instantly know them too. As a solo player I'm used to killing everything unless I'm on a stealther.

If I had any skill, I'd attempt the vet FPs solo but I've never been able to do any solo, not even HS. If anyone wants to post a vid of them doing Vet:

Cademimu, Directive 7 or Kuat Drive Yards solo, I'd be grateful, otherwise it's yet another weekly PO that I'll be getting no points for.

I try to avoid everything except Hammer Station via GF because the groups are usually random people who do nothing but FPs so know every short cut, jump etc and expect you to instantly know them too.

But, if you're only doing the FP for GS, like the OP, wouldn't you want to do the shortcuts and skips? 😇

"Wife" is a nice accessory for playing games, yes, but there are drawbacks.

When you get Wife Aggro, ain't no tank in the world can pull it off you, and they are immune to both calms & interrupts.

Sadly, I’m the wife with the agro more often than not. And you’re right, I’m both immune to calming effects & interrupts ;)

My wife’s escape ability is to stealth out from the gaming room to reach minimum safe distance before I achieve critical mass :p

Edited by TrixxieTriss

But, if you're only doing the FP for GS, like the OP, wouldn't you want to do the shortcuts and skips? 😇

I would if I knew them and/or could make the damn jumps! However someone (you know who you are :D ) PMd me the most awesome of how-to-solo-vet-Cademimu videos with all the skips clearly shown and I can't wait to try it myself, even if I fail miserably. After the random GF hell groups I ended up suffering through just so I didn't miss out on the weekly PO points, I really hope I succeed with my solo attempt.

I try to avoid everything except Hammer Station via GF because the groups are usually random people who do nothing but FPs so know every short cut, jump etc and expect you to instantly know them too. As a solo player I'm used to killing everything unless I'm on a stealther.

If I had any skill, I'd attempt the vet FPs solo but I've never been able to do any solo, not even HS. If anyone wants to post a vid of them doing Vet:

Cademimu, Directive 7 or Kuat Drive Yards solo, I'd be grateful, otherwise it's yet another weekly PO that I'll be getting no points for.

Just say "I'm new, pls take it slow" at the very start of the fp.

I did it when I knew nothing about FP and most people were good and made sure I followed the shortcut, boss fight etc.

Edited by eabevella