Jaxo and Objective: A-77 *spoiler*

TarikGur

Im on the prison asteroid and have to decide to

rescue jaxo *dark side choice* or rescue the prisoners *2 light side choices*.

This is a very junky choice! Im not liking being forced to make such decisions for a character ive learned to love.

plus, how is it dark side to rescue her? im aggrivated.

what happens when I A)rescue jaxo B)rescue the prisoners????

Edited by Noviru

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Summary line is bordering on spoiler territory already, the tag won't help that.

In the future please avoid making the context so obvious, as new players will now know that eventually a decision will come in which the player will have to make a life or death decision for Jaxo.

On way you could've re-worded would be:

"Jaxo Act 2 *Spoilers*"

or

"Act 2 Decision, let live *Spoilers*?"

And that will let users who've already played be familiar with your subject while avoiding any key contextual elements for lower-level Troopers.

Im on the prison asteroid and have to decide to rescue jaxo *dark side choice* or rescue the prisoners *2 light side choices*.

This is a very junky choice! Im not liking being forced to make such decisions for a character ive learned to love. plus, how is it dark side to rescue her? im aggrivated.

what happens when I A)rescue jaxo B)rescue the prisoners????

I just done this quest, was kinda gutted to have to choose but being the good guy I am I decided to save the 300 prisoners.

]When you choose B) You get 150 lightside points, and alot of points towards your companion affection, in my case, Elara.

Edited by Rory_G

I went Light Side when I came across this quest. The reason that choosing Jaxo over the 300 is kind of a simple thing when you break it down.

Ask yourself, will you allow 300 people to die for someone you know or save those innocent 300 for someone that knew what their job entailed.

If your angry that you had to make such a touching chose I suggest you never play Fable III because right at the start you'll be posed with such a question.

In the end though, if you did get the Dark Side points and your just angry that you have taint on your toon then I'm sorry, but that just means you'll need to do an extra flashpoint or something to gain that lost points due to your choice.

In my personal option, the devs and story writes did a great job with the Trooper story line. I didn't like the ending, but I'm not saying anymore to that effect as you will all have to experience that yourselves! All-in-all, enjoy the game!;)

Hello Everyone,

We recently had to edit portions of this thread to abide by our Spoiler policy. If you are going to be posting information that may be consider a Spoiler outside of the Spoiler Forum, please be sure to use Spoiler Tags:

[noparse]

Like so.

[/noparse]

This will prevent you from inadvertanely giving away a portion of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ to members of the Community who have not experienced it for themselves.

Thank you for understanding.

I chose the light side option, to save the prisoners. You get light side points and after the quest is over, someone who is a relative of Jaxo's sends you a letter saying that they were going through Jaxo's things and they send you a companion gift. And you tell Garza afterwards that Jaxo sacrificed her self for the good of the mission. My buddy who played dark side said that after saving Jaxo, she became crazy and ran away and you never hear from her again. So either way she's out, you dont get a special reward from her for saving her.

My wife is just at this point of the quest line as well,

and frankly, she just escaped out of the conversation and logged out of the game. I'm not sure she'll go back for at least a few days.

While real troopers deal with issues like this, normal people don't. I'd /love/ to see a less stressful resolution to this. It may not be as fitting to the author who wants to show the tough decisions of being a trooper, but it's a lot better to those of us who get engrossed in games and still want to sleep at night.

I chose the darkside to go save her, +50 darkside and -219 with Dorne. Then I had to kill the bots she was talking about it was really easy two strong I believe. Then I got to talk to Jaxo and I told her I would do anything for her and got another -219 with Dorne. Now Jaxo is having a tough time coping with the fact that many died to save her and she said she needs some time to recover.

and frankly, she just escaped out of the conversation and logged out of the game. I'm not sure she'll go back for at least a few days.

While real troopers deal with issues like this, normal people don't. I'd /love/ to see a less stressful resolution to this. It may not be as fitting to the author who wants to show the tough decisions of being a trooper, but it's a lot better to those of us who get engrossed in games and still want to sleep at night.

Well, in all fairness, the writers have probably done a good job when you care about the decisions that much...Emotional response and impact = success. It's 'hard', but that's what makes the decision aspect kinda cool, imo.

Just so the light-attuned people don't feel too bad...Jaxo just isn't that into you. I went darkside and Jaxo-sappy...Her responses are very 'Riiiight, well, that's coooool...". So don't worry, you're not missing out. Light or Dark: go for a drink with your buddies in a Nar Shadaan strip club and forget about her. It happens...

Edited by Themeatmarket

I did what had to be done, but I didn't like it...

Same, plus I got +847 affection with Yunn :eek:

Truth to be told I was on my way to the dark side option, but it was Yunn's words that convinced me to go light sided. Something about the path we should all walk..

Yeah, the decision still haunts me :(

With all due respect,

Troopers may have experience killing, normal people don't. In the end, this is just a game and in this case, BioWare allowed some of us to get emotionally invested with a NPC to later make us decide between 300 people we don't know and that NPC. It's for situations like that that I love BioWare and why RPGs are one of the best types of games (when well done).

Was it nice? No! I was very tempted to pick Dark Side for the first time. I didn't want to sacrify her, even less after seeing how she panicked. But knowing that they managed to get me emotionally invested in an NPC that it's not a companion and then have me in a situation like this is really neat.

I'll miss Jaxo (was hoping for getting her as companion in an expansion) but I enjoyed the tragicomedy I was able to live with her while it lasted.

I wish I could have gone to that Ladies Night she invited me to!!! :(

I really liked this quest. Not doing it, certainly, and it was seriously infuriating- but there are extenuating circumstances.

I let Jaxo die, with the second of the two lightside options(The first being the cold "The Mission Comes First" and the second being the actual Good Person "Many>Few" sort.), and I felt really bad about having to do it.

There's just one major issue that this represents for me- I'm gay. My Trooper, as someone I try to relate to, is also gay. So far, I've played through three different storylines to their completion(or near completion) and not a single one offers a romance option(or even a flirt that I've found) for a homosexual woman.

I'm pretty sure there are flirt options for the same-sex-opposite-sex, but none for me. In fact, there are only two female characters which are persistent through the Trooper storyline and under, what, sixty years old? Elara is entirely professional, but quite friendly in that regard. She even asked about my possible-kids, which was kind of cool. I liked seeing that emotion.

Jaxo was a character who -almost- reached flirting point, but never got there.

I don't even know if there are ANY homosexual female romances in the game, and I was terrified to hit the light side option and kill off the only unconfirmed(at the time) romance option my Trooper would have had.

Though, of course, I'm not sure if I would have been happy with the alternative- considering it's very likely she'd be the only option, I don't know if I'd be okay with the condition for a gay romance with her to be killing 300+ people.

Personally I chose to...

Go darkside on this one, shame she had a mental breakdown after but hey, oh well. As for killing 300 or so NPCs, well I've killed so many people getting to this point what is a few hundred more that I have never seen or can see. I also lied to Garza, yep, no way I could have saved them ma'am. In the end I have Diplomay to buy my lightside points back so ne real loss ;p

Edited by Ramaos

BW is really good at making player a attach to an NPC and then making the player kill it without offering a choice in the matter or making the choice really hard to make.

Still remember the counseling I needed after finishing Kotor 1 as light side but didn't have enough points into persuasion to save Bastilla.

I really liked this quest. Not doing it, certainly, and it was seriously infuriating- but there are extenuating circumstances.

I let Jaxo die, with the second of the two lightside options(The first being the cold "The Mission Comes First" and the second being the actual Good Person "Many>Few" sort.), and I felt really bad about having to do it.

There's just one major issue that this represents for me- I'm gay. My Trooper, as someone I try to relate to, is also gay. So far, I've played through three different storylines to their completion(or near completion) and not a single one offers a romance option(or even a flirt that I've found) for a homosexual woman.

I'm pretty sure there are flirt options for the same-sex-opposite-sex, but none for me. In fact, there are only two female characters which are persistent through the Trooper storyline and under, what, sixty years old? Elara is entirely professional, but quite friendly in that regard. She even asked about my possible-kids, which was kind of cool. I liked seeing that emotion.

Jaxo was a character who -almost- reached flirting point, but never got there.

I don't even know if there are ANY homosexual female romances in the game, and I was terrified to hit the light side option and kill off the only unconfirmed(at the time) romance option my Trooper would have had.

Though, of course, I'm not sure if I would have been happy with the alternative- considering it's very likely she'd be the only option, I don't know if I'd be okay with the condition for a gay romance with her to be killing 300+ people.

Same sex romances are "suppose" to be coming in a later patch.

Hopefully no need to spoil this one, but in an interview with the head writer, he talks specifically about putting more and more choices later in the game that really makes a player thing, "How dedicated am I to this?"

It's easy to make the "No, I don't need money. Doing good is it's own reward!" LS choices early, or the "Say mean stuff to a little kid" DS choice, but Bioware is intentionally trying to get a visceral reaction out of people once they're well down their prefered "path".

Same sex romances are "suppose" to be coming in a later patch.

Hopefully no need to spoil this one, but in an interview with the head writer, he talks specifically about putting more and more choices later in the game that really makes a player thing, "How dedicated am I to this?"

It's easy to make the "No, I don't need money. Doing good is it's own reward!" LS choices early, or the "Say mean stuff to a little kid" DS choice, but Bioware is intentionally trying to get a visceral reaction out of people once they're well down their prefered "path".

I'm sorry but something like same sex romances being put in a later patch could be, and very probably, in the 1st expansion. Which would be in a galaxy far far away, so I really wouldn't get my hopes up over something in the distant future.

I went Light Side when I came across this quest. The reason that choosing Jaxo over the 300 is kind of a simple thing when you break it down.

Ask yourself, will you allow 300 people to die for someone you know or save those innocent 300 for someone that knew what their job entailed.

If your angry that you had to make such a touching chose I suggest you never play Fable III because right at the start you'll be posed with such a question.

In the end though, if you did get the Dark Side points and your just angry that you have taint on your toon then I'm sorry, but that just means you'll need to do an extra flashpoint or something to gain that lost points due to your choice.

In my personal option, the devs and story writes did a great job with the Trooper story line. I didn't like the ending, but I'm not saying anymore to that effect as you will all have to experience that yourselves! All-in-all, enjoy the game!;)

i agree the trooper choices are my favorite because u get to chose what matters more your orders or what u think is right which is really hard sometimes and that's why i love this game because of the hard choice. i do think we should get jaxo as a comapaion if we save her!

I didn't quite get the choice there, especially why Garza was so pissed about it...

- Jaxo is a super trained Special Force agent.

- The prisoners are 300 random dudes who are just cannon fodders.

The obvious military choice should have been Jaxo. I mean fodders NEVER turn the tide of battles, while special people do constantly, especially in star wars.

It's in the trailers, it's in the movies, it's in the games, it's in the books! Fodders can't do anything without special characters leading them...and that's Jaxo.

Heck, these 300 guys have been there for some time and done nothing. Jaxo arrives and bam, she escapes, find a com, contact Command, organize a rescue mission, all alone!

This is even more illogical when you take into account the previous missions of the Trooper, which are exactly that: save special people first, then help others if you can but don't compromise the mission. We didn't go into the Gauntlet with 300 people, we went with 5 very special people...

I kinda understand the dark side with Jaxo rescue, but at least Garza should have been ok with it.

Edited by Kemorand

she is special forces, you understand the risks when you sign up. Soldiers die, so that Susie doesn't have to ask mommie why her daddy isn't coming home. Every day Soldiers make all the tough decisions so all of us civies don't have to. the only regret i have is i couldn't put a bullet into ever joint before he got it in the head.......