Was Bastila's Father a Jedi?

EAFSAMWISE

Pardon the KoToR discussion being brought up here, but I have been wondering something since playing KoToR 1. There is a side-quest when Revan is on Tatooine where Bastila Shan's mother Helena has them meet her in the cantina and asks them to retrieve a "Holocron" which belonged to Bastila's father and in which he allegedly recorded things. It is known that only force-users can properly use or access holocrons, and so I was wondering, was Bastila's father actually a Jedi who left the order to marry her mother? This was never discussed in-game or brought up in SWTOR and so I was curious if any info came up about this

That was more than likely an error on Drew Karpyshyn's part. All that is known about Bastila's father is that they were a treasure hunter who died whilst trying to secure a Krayt Dragon pearl to pay for medical treatments for Bastila's mother, Helena. If I understand correctly, KotOR was Karpyshyn's first writing credit for Star Wars, so maybe it was an unfamiliarity with what a holocron is as they had already been established in prior media. In KotOR, Helena wants Bastila's father's holocron because it contains a holorecord and was their journal. It would have been more accurate to call it a datapad. Edited by ceryxp