Complete Echoes of Oblivion (Sith Marauder)

I am currently trying to complete Echoes of Oblivion as a Sith Marauder, but can't seem to get far enough. I'm at the part where we have to defeat the Servant Guards, but keep being defeated easily and I think that red light is making it easier to defeat me. It was hard enough to defeat the four in front of the room, but now I have to defeat these infuriating guards. Anyone that played this as a Sith Marauder know how I can defeat them and the story? Maybe I should've chosen Juggernaut instead.

We'll need a bit more information:

* Which Marauder discipline are you using?

* What is your "Item Rating" from the top left of the Character panel?

* Are you using gear that's correctly set up for a DPS class? (Above all, no pieces with Shield or Absorb, and for preference none with Defense either. Those are tank stats, and although Defense helps anyone, Crit and Alacrity help DPSes more.)

EDIT:

* Have you given Scourge gifts to raise his Influence rank? (You will keep him after this story segment is over.)

* Is Scourge on Heals?

Edited by SteveTheCynic

Fury, 158, I have given a few gifts to Scourge and on Heal. That's all I know. I don't know anything about the gear.

Get better (higher-rated) gear. Really. The current max rating is 306, and yes, having only 158 will be why you can't beat Echoes. (The lowest rating for level 75 gear is 270, ffs.)

EDIT: if you want to keep the looks of your current gear, put the pieces in an Outfit Designer tab. If you haven't yet experimented with that, https://swtorista.com/articles/how-do-i-make-my-character-look-cool-in-swtor/ is a good guide.

EDIT-THE-SECOND: Remember that the effects of Level Sync on your stats are not relevant to Echoes because it is max-level content, so you get the full benefit of the total Mastery and Power stats from your gear.

Edited by SteveTheCynic