Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

Selvetarm
12.13.2011 , 10:28 AM | #2301
Quote: Originally Posted by Scerion View Post
I preordered at the start of December - just got in!
prove it.

vaxthrell
12.13.2011 , 10:28 AM | #2302
Quote: Originally Posted by MeJasonX View Post
Your acknowledgement that he is a carrot is approved.
yes...

Fomorii
12.13.2011 , 10:28 AM | #2303
"Originally Posted by Boomsyn
ONE MORE TO GO?

Bioware, please call Trion for tips on how to do an early release properly. What a complete failure."

Saw that quoted by someone and didn't feel like searching the pages to do the same properly. Rift had a good early release? LMAO! They're early access was likely the inspiration for Bioware letting people in a group at a time. Trion opened the flood gates and had 5+ hour server ques, lag from hell and a bunch of people getting booted from servers left right and center. It was unplayable until they scrambled up some emergency servers. They were utterly unprepared for the tumult that wrecked their previous expectations. RIFT's early access was painful and I was one of the lucky ones who waited for a new server rather than brave the 5-6k+ sever lines.

SWTOR is a hundred times better than RIFT, and that's my opinion as a fan of RIFT, and the way they're handling early access is phenomenal and extremely responsible. It's also a hell of a lot more effort and preparation than Trion put in. Here's hoping the people in game don't have reason to complain as much as some of the people on these forums.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬◥══╪═╪══◤▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Squad 11-11-11 *Partially Forgotten Already* Goodbye sweet .

BrandonEast
12.13.2011 , 10:28 AM | #2304
Quote: Originally Posted by Ravanofdarkness View Post
Seriously? it's only going to be 4 Waves today. I expected more and over here if you Pre-Order the Game you won't get it any Cheaper when you pick it up. You pay the same Price as anyone else that didn't Pre-Order only diffrence is that you have a copy reserved. I hope i get invited today or atleast tommorow or else i'm gonna cancel my Pre-Order and get my 10 back since i could use that Money to purchase the Game instead of making sure it's reserved and still having to pay the full Price like everyone else that didn't Pre-Order. Thought it was worth Pre-Ordering because of the early Access but if that's not the case it isn't.
You sound like you were sheltered and spoiled as a child. Fing Grow up and you will not cancel, we all know it.

Mattalix
12.13.2011 , 10:28 AM | #2305
Did Bioware forget that there are people on the other side of the Atlantic ocean called EUROPEANS!? HHMM!!!? MAYBE GIVE US AN UPDATE AS TO WHEN EUROPEANS CAN PLAY PLEASE!!

sordaz
12.13.2011 , 10:28 AM | #2306
I think it would be a nice idea to give some sort of information where everyone stands.

like, how many players are in front of you in line?
how many players are invited per wave?
in which wave will someone be?

it would help to ease the waiting time and give some comfort.

cheers

Nathen
12.13.2011 , 10:28 AM | #2307
Quote: Originally Posted by Khebeln View Post
I agree that they should do it 24/7 its not like its a beta test anymore. A lot of serious gamers are waiting and they took their days off. I wont even mention the unfair time advantige :/

If they stop invites till tommorow 12h later or something i will be really pissed ! This is the most crucial time for them. No one cares about 20th. Its now !
I have off til the 20th lol.

x-law
12.13.2011 , 10:28 AM | #2308
Can someone from EU explain to me how the heck they preordered the game in summer?? I for myself am quite sure that the pre-order was first available on October.

Teirian
12.13.2011 , 10:28 AM | #2309
lol i just had just gotten my pre order code email yesterday so no early access for me lol

Haffoc
12.13.2011 , 10:28 AM | #2310
Quote: Originally Posted by Canarith View Post
LOL, we all knew this was going to happen today. Why are people complaining about not being in yet. There were a large number of people that preordered right away or in July even. I KNEW I wouldn't be in today, as I didn't preorder until September.
What's pissing some of us off is that we should have been in the first waves as we ordered on 21st, but due to a ****-up/miscommunication we didn't get our EGA codes until several days later.

Bioware initially said that the delay wouldn't matter, but it has.