Why do we still need to be addressing this issue about BT/Esseles?

/begin rant;

I have 12 toons and play very regularly and have been part of this community since 2012, over 10 years! The Weekly quest requirement to queue for all Flashpoints is one of the biggest rubs for me as I have done BT/Esseles literally 100's if not 1000's of times over the years and the shear amount of dialogue is excessive to folks like me that have seen it too many times to count.

I can't take it anymore, I get that these Flashpoints are supposed to intro new players to the idea of Flashpoints and they are part of the story but for those of us that enjoy the other Flashpoints and want to queue in Group Finder and still get rewards for Veteran Flashpoints and Searching for Allies Weekly missions and not have to blow an hour on watching the same darn cut scenes again and again and again...

Can we please put a level cap on these Flashpoints for GF queue purposes such that at least players over level 60 don't constantly get pulled into early game content and we actually get to to queue for late game content more frequently?

There has to be a solution to this, I don't want to be rude to new players who are just trying to enjoy their experience, I don't want to suffer a lockout for trying to protect my precious time I have to game, and I still need/want to be rewarded for doing Weekly quests...

Please, from the bottom of my heart, please!

/end rant;

I hear you on this - so frustrating to spend more time in cutscenes than the action. One way I think could be easiest for BW is to make it so that if you uncheck BT/Esseles, it still counts towards weekly. That way players who want to run it can and those who don't are not excluded from the weeklies.

On a related note, I wish they would add KDY back in.

Yup. Esseles/BT pops, leave group, log to alt, roll the dice again. Should not be part of the general FP pool in group finder. They're garbage boring flashpoints and a general waste of time.

Actually, if you get people to spacebar through the cutscenes, Esseles/BT isn't that bad.

Speaking of which, if you choose to evacuate the engineers into space, you then skip the whole 'shut down the reactors' bit, making it even shorter.

Or do what I do. Leave instantly, and just wait the 15 Mins for a faster FP.

It's not like Vet FP's take long to pop anyway.

Even better way is not to accept pops with lowbies in the group. Doesn't even have to be Esseles or BT, lowbies usually watch cutscenes so I've found it easiest to just avoid those groups.

Even better way is not to accept pops with lowbies in the group. Doesn't even have to be Esseles or BT, lowbies usually watch cutscenes so I've found it easiest to just avoid those groups.

I don't know if I fully agree with this. I've seen so many more max level characters not spacebarring then lowbies.

I don't mind running with low level characters in Vet FP's regardless.

I don't mind running with lowbies and waiting through other FP cut scenes, but if there is a sub-20 in the group, that more often than not means BT/Esseles, and I decline :)