Can't complete quest on hoth

oscarhawes

It's all because of a wrong mission map tag.

The comm panel will be activated once you go to the igloo at 3355 by 1007.

Stop short of the place pointed on the map (3260 by 904) and turn right towards the mountains, the Aurek Base is part of.

This is absolutely the correct solution. I had to go near a hut in an imperial base for the comm panel on the proper hut to activate. It's 3/24/2021 and this bug is still in the game.

• 1 month later...
when I reached approx position -3341, -1006

I -didn't- get the side quest mentioned, but travelling to this location allowed me to proceed. That seem to be the key. Go to these coordinates, not the ones marked on the map.

• 4 weeks later...
I have a feeling that this mission interacts with a side-mission "Togruta Rescue". When I picked all missions (after arrival to Hoth), I saw that "Togruta Rescue" can be done in 2 areas: one was northeast from Aurek Base, second near the area where "Power Vacuum" has to be done. I did the "Togruta Rescue" in the northeast area (10 imp kills for bonus, then grabbed 3 Togruta Clearance Permits). But I didn't return to Aurek Base to finish the "Togruta Rescue". Instead, I went to south, where "Power Vacuum" should be done. And I was also unable to click the Comm Panel. After reading clues here, I did a reset of "Togruta Rescue", thinking - ok, when I pick up some Clearance Permits again, the Comm Panel will trigger. It didn't happen though. But when I reached approx position -3341, -1006, a dialog that I should find the soldiers... so I returned back to Comm Panel, and it WORKED!

Try it too... may be another workaround for you...

I went to those **exact** co-ordinates and the quest updated. You have to be on THAT spot exactly otherwise it won't update and it's well outside of the search zone.

This quest is still "broken". By all appearances, it seems the "search area" in game is off location <ie, the imperial camp nearby>. It gave me the quest update between two groups of imps. I had no other quests active in the area, which is why I believe it's a case of a mislocated activator. Edited by Alssidar