Need help picking a class

SinizterOne

So I am having a bit of a dilemma picking a class to play and thought maybe if I put what I am looking for in the game maybe I could be pointed in the right direction.

My interest are:

PVE end game operations

Roleplay Value

PVP possibly (used to play pvp alot in other games)

The Ideal Playstyle:

I prefer range but I have no issue with melee (I eventually want to do the legacy achieve of all 8 stories)

I like DoT based or burst phases i can set up

I would like a class that has a support role with it cause I have tanked and healed in the past and rather enjoyed it

Story I know is kinda subjective on whats really good but I would like something that does have a interesting story.

A class that has a easy to understand rotation but builds you up into a high learning curve.

I don't care if its republic or empire as I been mainly playing alone (been testing out different classes)

Edited by SinizterOne

Distilling your ideal playstyle, I recommend Jedi Sage/Sith Sorceror (from Consular/Inquisitor base class)

-Ranged DPS/Heals

-DoT Spec is Balance/Madness, Burst Spec is Telekinetics/Lightning

-Definite Support role as healer (Seer/Corruption Spec) and even the dps sepcs can cast bubbles and HoTs on folks occasionally, plus the raid buff is good.

-Both Consuler and Inquisitor have an interesting story. Consular is more cerebral and investigating the force centric and brings the galactic scale of the war into perspective, Inquisitor is force sensitive slave trying to survive being an apprentice and rising in power.