PSA: There is NO warning when pressing the "buy with CC" button for Strongholds.

OddballEasyEight

As I found out today, if you accidentally click the buy button for Strongholds, there is no verification pop-up of any kind.

You just straight up buy the stronghold.

So... I am now the incredibly infuriated owner of a completely and utterly pointless and stupid Manaan Stronghold that I DO NOT WANT.

And all it cost me was a measly 2500(!!!) cartel coins (which is more than 155 sek, or around 18 usd).

I contacted customer support, but all they could say that I was SOOL, because (for some unfathomable reason) they can't refund Stronghold purchases. :rolleyes:

I mean, you can deactivate a Stronghold, so I don't understand why they can't just do that and send back my 2500 CC.

But hey... at least I can give a PSA here that if you happen to click the purchase button on a Stronghold, it will immediately and without warning purchase that stronghold. Even if you're buying it for real money.

(but if you want to put on that shoddy armour piece you just found that's worth 5 credits, it will warn you that putting it on will bind it to you and ask you if you really want to do this.)

FML.

EDIT: Just to update, if you DO buy a Stronghold for in-game credits... you'll get a warning asking you if you really want to purchase this or not...

Edited by OddballEasyEight

• Dev Post

EDIT: Just to update, if you DO buy a Stronghold for in-game credits... you'll get a warning asking you if you really want to purchase this or not...

Hi OddballEasyEight,

The Confirm Purchase prompt showed up when the CC purchase button was clicked when I tested this. Can you confirm that you did not click "Do not show this dialogue again" at any point? I want to confirm if this is a bug you are experiencing.

Thanks.

Hi OddballEasyEight,

The Confirm Purchase prompt showed up when the CC purchase button was clicked when I tested this. Can you confirm that you did not click "Do not show this dialogue again" at any point? I want to confirm if this is a bug you are experiencing.

Thanks.

If I ever clicked the "Do not show this dialogue again" option, it must have been many, many years ago. I haven't purchased a Stronghold since 2015, I think. (or whenever Yavin came out).

So... seems it wasn't a bug... just that I apparently pressed the "Do not show this dialogue again" option 7 years ago and forgot about it (Although, I can't for the life of me figure out why I would ever click that for strongholds. It's not like you'll buy a whole bunch of them).

Either way, I'm frankly depressed right now because of this, so I'm just gonna go sulk in a dark corner of my apartment for a week or so...

18 bucks down the drain because I clicked an option 7 years ago and strongholds are somehow not refundable.

EDIT: Suggestion; Make it so that those kind of options are automatically unticked after X number of years of not playing...

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Something similar happened to me a couple months ago. I accidentally expanded a stronghold with CCs when I intended to use credits. No warning popped up. When I realized what I'd done I was very bummed and contacted support. Predictably, I was told sucks to be you.

So yeah. there really should be a warning when purchasing with CC because there definitely wasn't one for me.

Hi OddballEasyEight,

Thanks.

I also had this issue happen to me but I purchased an additional character designer outfit slot (of course the default is account wide so 300 cc instead of 20,000 credits) and did not get any pop up asking to confirm the purchase. I also made a support ticket and was told too bad. I checked my support ticket record which listed the server and character it was purchased on and just checked her preferences. I assume you are referring to the "show purchase confirmation dialog" setting under user interface>cartel market which she still has turned on. In fact she still has all the cartel market confirmation dialog options in preferences turned on.

OP: If you did not want that stronghold, but purchased it anyway (the manner of the purchase aside) did you ever bother to tour the stronghold first to see if that's what you wanted, prior to purchase, or did you believe you had to own it to see it?

Pretty sure they meant they don't want an ~$18 stronghold, not that they didn't want the stronghold at all....

Honestly, since the option is for real money...why do you have the option to turn it off? Why not permanently just keep that option on? Is one more click really that much of a nuisance? Especially when its $18?

In game credits, on the GTN there are plenty of things that are extremely high, even forcing that option to not be there...would it really hurt?

Or we have these issues in this thread, and many more that we never hear of.

I also had this issue happen to me but I purchased an additional character designer outfit slot (of course the default is account wide so 300 cc instead of 20,000 credits) and did not get any pop up asking to confirm the purchase. I also made a support ticket and was told too bad. I checked my support ticket record which listed the server and character it was purchased on and just checked her preferences. I assume you are referring to the "show purchase confirmation dialog" setting under user interface>cartel market which she still has turned on. In fact she still has all the cartel market confirmation dialog options in preferences turned on.

I just looked, and mine is turned off.

However, that specifically says "cartel market", not direct purchases for CC, which (IMHO) should be different.

I buy a lot of things from the cartel market, and all of them have to go through a "claim" procedure, so I turned off the notification there since there's already a backup safety of having to claim them.

But it does not say, anywhere, that turning that off also turns off the warning for all in-game cartel coin purchases.

Not a bad idea. However I also know no matter the time frame, someone will complain. Maybe the do not show this again should be removed for anything which cost CC.

That's actually a good suggestion as well.

I have now activated it on my characters again, but I'm afraid to test it on strongholds... don't want to buy another one without the chance of a refund.

A small part of the problem here is that the cartel coin purchase price is always overly inflated. (If there wasn't such a pricey price tag attached to such items it wouldn't be such a big deal buying by accident)

I get that the differential should favour in game currency as otherwise people wouldn't bother with playing content and would just buy stuff up but there should be some sort of balance.

10 years on the credit : coin ratio has shifted significantly - the economy needs looking at.....which one of you guys is Minister for Finance at Bioware/SWTOR?!! (My money is on Papa Keith) :p