What's your SWTOR 7.0 updates/fix wishlist?

Lord_Neon

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Use the weapon animations from CZ on all planets when destroying quest objectives, toggle hood, hoods with hair, more love interest dialogue outside of Theron and Lana, as they seem to have a monopoly on that, weapons in the outfit designer, solo Ops using companions, new game plus mode on class stories, all bound items are now bound to legacy. Edited by IramUnleashed

Combat Styles is already about 90% to something I've wanted since forever, so I feel like wanting much else would be getting greedy. I suppose the only other thing I'd really want at this point is a "story mode" alternative to the Dread War and Macrobinoculars content (maybe Seeker Droid too, though that's already doable...with luck...so maybe a non-luck-reliant version).

There honestly aren't that many things off the top of my head that I think need "fixing".

• Hood / cape / anything flowy clipping issues. While having your cape turn into a bib is hilarious, it does make taking screenshots in cutscenes more annoying.

• Fix the incredibly annoying text graphic bug where text becomes invisible. This most often happens to me in the guild window, meaning that I can't see any guild information for who is online. It also happens when hovering over gear, the set bonus details and stats become invisible and I can't compare anything. Sometimes also happens when looking at the codex. Usually it fixes itself with a ui refresh, but sometimes it just gets stuck like that for a while and I can't see the text.

There are however a lot of things that I think could be improved or updated in terms of quality of life and for certain aspects of gameplay.

• Multi-faction guilds. The current system whereby you need one guild for both republic and sith is impractical for those of us with characters on both sides. Moreover, it would allow you to talk cross faction without the need of third party applications such as discord, manage both sides at once without needing to relog etc. Guild flagships would work the same as strongholds do now where you pick which one is currently active.

• On the subject of guilds, replace character limit with a lower legacy limit instead. This means that any one person can have as many characters in a guild as they want, but will only count as one for the purposes of the overall guild limit. This mainly benefits people with lots of alts and prevents the need for artificial player managed character limits, character shuffling etc.

• The ability to set difficulty levels for personal phases - not just KotFE and KotET. This would allow new players or those who just want the story to breeze through combat, while those of us who remember how challenging the game used to be can relive genuinely difficult end of story arc boss fights. Open world PvE would remain as is.

• Abilities for mounts. Take the swoop racing system and implement it on our actual mounts such that we can use speed boosts, temporary shields etc to provide further diversity between different types of mounts.

• Add decorations for the remaining solo flashpoints. All base game ones have a decoration you can play solo to get, but after I think KoTFE, solo flashpoints no longer offer a decoration as a reward.

• More armour in collections and vendors selling planetary story armour, level 1-59 heroic mission armour etc. There are loads of really nice armour sets that you can get while playing the story or doing planetary missions, but once you've done those or skipped them, you can't get them again. You can find similar, differently named sets, but it would be much nicer if they were permanently unlocked in collections and/or made available at new fleet vendors.

• Built in parsing options. I did see that there are quality of life updates being made to parsing (though we don't know what they are or when we can test them), but it would be so nice to have parsing features available in game. Imagine if new players could just search up a list of the best parsing players in game and look at their rotations to see how they play a class.

• An update to the login screen to show what crew skills a character has.

• A new codex journal entry giving a brief overview of the major choices that that character has made during their story so that when we are logging onto our 27th character for the first time in a year with the intent to continue their story, we can quickly fill ourselves in on what we've done, who we are romancing etc. It could even feature a checklist for the base game acts and expansions. Maybe I should just start writing fanfics for my characters...

• The ability to break up with one companion and start a romance with another outside of the specific story prompts.

The main thing I'd love to see fixed has been mentioned numerous times: I'd like the clipping to end on certain gear.

Most everything else has to do with companions.

I'd like to properly put Kira and Scourge in my stronghold. I have no idea what the issue is, but it has something to do with them being companions from the most recent expansion. Because we also can't place Jakarro. So something weird happened there.

Updates? As many others mentioned, I'd like to be able to get all companions on all classes somehow or other. I'm very hopeful it looks like Akaavi is coming, so that would be good news. And I'd like something more than letters from love interest companions. At least scenes. If they can't afford voice actors, OK, but can we at least get scenes of them together? It's just weird to never see my characters with their husbands or wives.

But the main thing I'd like is for them to remove restrictions on using whatever companion I want to during Chapters and other story modes. I noticed that during the most recent new FP, it doesn't even bother me to hear Arn's voice when I replace him with my favorite companion. It's fine. So I hope they remove those restrictions because a lot of content would be more fun if I wasn't stuck with an uninteresting companion.

Those are the main things. I'm really looking forward to 7.0.

Oh yeah, and I really hope they expand the Maanan stronghold.

My ultimate WISH, which is Highly unlikely. By Unlikely, I mean Never will happen

Playable alien species

Aliens like : Rodian, Sullustan, Bith, Duros, Kel Dor, Devorian

There are only a few models of these characters in game and they have human body types, so they can wear all clothing armor available and we would not expect much in the means of customization.

Just have like 2 or 3 head options for each alien species and gtg. Very little customization needed.

Edited by kirorx

• 1 month later...

1. Frame selection memory for Crafting Windows

2. I want my companion to never bug on healing ever again please

3. All, I mean ALL group content in the activity finder. ALL OF IT

4. The ability to use a sniper as a trooper, to hold them to a direct quote of what they said would be added in the coming expansion

Squish them bugs for good!

Add a Colorizer (similar to Appearance designer kiosk, but you select a gearpiece and select a color from a color palette (similar to image editing programs) and it may cost creds or small sum of Cartel Coins).

my wish: Abilities and perks that make more of a difference than "3% more damage on enemies less than or equal to 30% health." or "when using mass mind control, everyone gets 5% dmg rdxn for 6 sec and heals 3,000 hp." Give us perks that are substantial enough to affect gameplay, that way, as players, we have a choice that isn't "the only useful one" or "the only perk that isn't a trap".

The search filters on the GTN need fixing badly.

I want to be able to filter out things the current toon already owns, things anyone on the legacy already owns, and/or things Legacy unlocked.

Instead, I have the option to filter by companion which is totally useless.

GTN is a basic feature. I'm surprised it's been half-broken for this long.

So many things have already been mentioned. There's a lot of real estate on the char select screen that could be put to use. Some ideas already mentioned, but I'd like to sort my characters with a drag mechanic. I'd like to separate/sort my tanks, healers and dps. Or my Pubs & Imps Or however else I'd like. Or leave characters static, perhaps I don't want last played always at the top.

I want to be able to filter out things the current toon already owns, things anyone on the legacy already owns, and/or things Legacy unlocked.

This!

And also: instead of showing dozens of occurences of the same item, group same items in one (expandable) single line with number of copies available, min price and max price.

1) Allow for add-ons

2) The UI is dated. Hades, it was dated in 2012.

3) GTN needs a complete overhaul

4) Fix whatever is causing input lag to / from the servers. I can kill a Rhakghoul, count to two, and then see the ambushers rush to their spot. When I jump, one of three things happens: I actually jump, I fall, or I jump way too far, bounce off a wall, and then fall.

5) Nobody should be getting stuck in / on terrain in 2021, almost 2022. When WoW had this issue? They went back and hand changed every point causing this problem.

6) Events need to happen with much more regularity. This is part and parcel of EA's unnecessary enforced scarcity model (seen in other areas) and makes no sense. Do the Gree actually take two and a half months off in-between events? Do the Rhakghouls go into hibernation?

7) Fix your PR department. Anybody whose ever been in a relationship can tell you that going "radio silent" with your partner does NOT fix the problem.

8) You don't have to re-invent the wheel every two years. (This is what drove a lot of people away from WoW). Figure out what works and build on that. Figure out what does not work, and fix that.

9) The CM may be a source of money, but putting * 1 * new item up for "sale" every 24 hours isn't doing you any favors.

10) PvPers - they exist.

11) Crafters - See (10)

12) Re-look in-game lore and instructions. When I have collected every datacron, but my achievements show me at 77/84, but not what I am missing, that is on EA, not me.

13) Be glad you're not New World.

• 1 month later...

So much this. Trying to search for stuff you *don't* have out of a huge list of stuff you do have gets more and more onerous over time, to the point it's more efficient to just search individual items by name.

Also, filters in general relating to the CM are really inconsistent. For example, Flairs are listed as a category under CM, but Tunings are not... I don't think they even have a category anywhere, you can just narrow it down some by searching under the general category Item Modification and putting "Tuning" in the input box. Then there's weapons and mounts, where you have to choose the general categories for them and use Rarity sorting of Custom and Artifact to narrow down to CM items. In typing this out, I'm realizing just how opaque this must be to navigate for newer players. I have approaches I worked out over time, but it's not intuitive.