Game is awful for new players

FitzGivens

I am not completely new. i played beta through end game vanilla. Coming back the bugs that were there in vanilla are still there. I've fallen through the map. Mobs have fallen through the map. The group finder doesn't build a proper team. I ended up with 4 dps and having to play the flashpoint(dungeon/instance) in a really awful/unfun way that was the final straw that made me quit just now. It's amazing there has been multiple expansions and 10 years of work since launch put into the game to have it but like this...this is pathetic to put it nicely. Oh and the companions. why am i getting 2 healer companions? i got Kira and was like wait...another healer? why? both my companions are healers? why? Anyone could yes overlook all these issues and the many more i didn't play long enough to come across as i'm only level 34(10+ levels over story content without grinding) but the fact that there is so many issues already and the issues have major negative impacts...I just don't see how this game is still running. Why are people paying for this? Boggles the mind.

To explain one part, Companions have changed - about five years or more ago - and are no longer role-locked. Any companion can be set to any role by right-clicking their portrait in the UI and selecting "Change Role" and then Healer, DPS or Tank. They simply default to Healer when you first get them.

My take on these problems:

- Bugs not fixed - other MMOs have this problem too (ESO, WOW)

- vet Flashpoint with 4 dps - you can decline until you get a healer. Vet Flashpoints can be done with 4 dps btw - again ESO has the same problem

- companions in healer mode - you can change the role to whatever you want (most MMOs don´t have companions so this is a plus)

Why I play this game:

- Sci-fi MMORPG

- 8 unique stories

- story driven

- basically no level-grind

- romances

- good and funny dialoge

- glowsticks

- intact trinity (looking at ESO)

These traits are unique to SWTOR - most other MMOs have a really boring main story you have to force yourself through. And forgettable NPCs and story. Or the classes feel not very unique. Or leveling as healer/tank is really bad.

SWTOR is better in all these regards. Yes it´s old but I have yet to find a Sci-Fi MMO with this quality.

If it´s not for you thats ok - I hope you find a game that suits you better.

I am not completely new. i played beta through end game vanilla. Coming back the bugs that were there in vanilla are still there. I've fallen through the map. Mobs have fallen through the map.

I suppose some of these old bugs are still there, but I've played for years and never fell through the map. In any case, none of those old bugs are serious enough (IMHO) to cause any game breaking problems. (There are newer, better bugs 😇 )

The group finder doesn't build a proper team. I ended up with 4 dps and having to play the flashpoint(dungeon/instance) in a really awful/unfun way that was the final straw that made me quit just now.

I assume you are talking about Veteran Mode FPs - Master Mode requires the classic 'trinity' (Healer, Tank, 2 DPS).

Yes, the group finder for Veteran Mode does NOT try to make a 'proper' (trinity) group. In a VM FP, things are tuned in such a way that a 'tank', in the normal sense, is not required. The Kolto tanks are there to provide healing in boss fights. VM with 4 DPS is good training for higher level content because it teaches you to be aware of your own health and to use personal defensive measures, which can help to take some of the load off the healer in MM.

I do basically at least one VM FP per day and the majority of them are with 4 DPS (or 2 DPS and 2 tanks, etc) -only rarely an actual trinity - but it's normal (and very do-able).

One thing to remember is that, in VM, no one needs to 'play' healer or tank if there's not one.

Oh and the companions. why am i getting 2 healer companions? i got Kira and was like wait...another healer? why? both my companions are healers? why?

Companions have changed. Now you can select their roll. They default to Heal, but you can right-click on their portrait and select Tank or DPS as well.

Anyone could yes overlook all these issues and the many more i didn't play long enough to come across as i'm only level 34(10+ levels over story content without grinding) but the fact that there is so many issues already and the issues have major negative impacts...I just don't see how this game is still running. Why are people paying for this? Boggles the mind.

It's too bad you didn't just ask a few questions here earlier. We could have pointed out that most of your "issues" don't seem to be 'issues' at all.