Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gathering Feedback

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthSpuds
02.26.2019 , 05:37 AM | #151
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
Page 15 and I still don't really know what to respond. Let me put it friendly like that:

I don't believe one single yellow word in this thread until he proves that it's true this time.

The same happened around February 2017. No, wait. 2016. No, wait. 2015. No, wait. 2014. No, wait, 2013. Every year the same. When they notice that they have overdone (more like underdone) things too badly, they try to calm us down. Been there, done that.

I have never had the impression that our community manager was managing his community. And if I interpret his latest messages right, he is less limited in his methods than we speculated through the years (which we did in his defense). It's actually his choice to handle things like he does.

Since he mentioned that they have one new community team employee since last year, I really wonder how it is possible that even with double manpower, their output halved. Unbelievably bad job imo. There is no way to sugarcoat it.

My prediction: We will see increased yellow texts here throughout March. Starting April, things will get "back to normal". All the time I think of this quote:

"The same procedure as last year, Miss Sophie?"
"The same procedure as every year, James."

I'd be positively surprised if they prove me wrong. Given our experience, everyone should lower their expectations. That's my response.
^ This.

Eric has basically gone for the "we'll tell them we really mean it this time" approach - it worked the previous 5 times we had no intention of changing how we communicate.

Fool me once....

Words are pointless... ...we are our DEEDS.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

Syal
02.26.2019 , 07:11 AM | #152
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
The same happened around February 2017. No, wait. 2016. No, wait. 2015. No, wait. 2014. No, wait, 2013. Every year the same. When they notice that they have overdone (more like underdone) things too badly, they try to calm us down. Been there, done that.
Maybe that with the Anthem fail and bad notes from professional game sites, Bioware is trying to save its *** with SWTOR ...
SWTOR since 2012 !
Guild Force Unifiée French PVE
The Leviathan

TrixxieTriss
02.26.2019 , 08:31 AM | #153
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
Is it?
How many previous times have we been told they are going to be more communicative?
Has it ever actually happened?

Throwing in an anecdotal excuse doesn't change a damn thing.
Only a change of behaviour does.

All The Best
I waited all weekend in the hope he would actually post on Monday and he did. +1 point. He only needs 99 to get the weekly community forum challenge complete
I figure if we don’t give him some room to prove there will be a change, then he won’t change. I think we feel the same as you do, now it’s up to him to show us he means it.
So I’ll be polite and give him this final chance and I hope for the actual game’s sake that he is serious. If not, well, you reap what you sow.
Do you want to be a better objective pvper?
Click here for a “How to PvP Guide”

ExarSun
02.26.2019 , 09:04 AM | #154
Since everyone here for the most part said all there is to say and I fully agree with them, I have only one question left to ask....."Soooo, what is the next "well thought group content that Keith and his raid group are going to waste this game's resources on?" (insert sarcasm or not).....seriously tho, I feel bad I always leave my sub to 6 month renewal and the renewal was little before the disaster JUS. Havent logged since i've done the 20min excuse of a story on 2 chars. Before that at least I could do GSF and PvP for gear in GC.
But keep it up devs....making content for a very small percentage of the populace always ends up well (see 2017 and 2018 for example)! Cant wait for the next thing Keith's raid group has in store for this game! (insert sarcasm or not).
Whoever made decision about this game's direction for the last 2 and a half years should be ashamed. Much wow, much incompetence.

TUXs
02.26.2019 , 09:06 AM | #155
Quote: Originally Posted by Syal View Post
Maybe that with the Anthem fail and bad notes from professional game sites, Bioware is trying to save its *** with SWTOR ...
I also found it rather coincidental that Eric decided to post just as Ben Irving was getting lambasted on Reddit for his Anthem loot box nerf...suddenly, SWTOR players seem to matter...

/yawn
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Sarova
02.26.2019 , 09:22 AM | #156
Quote: Originally Posted by grania View Post
I hope they are still watching this thread and I hope they read your post, I really do. I have complicated feelings on this subject. My husband is, coincidentally, trying to make a small sci-fi rpg in his spare time and we discuss topics like this every day. I'll put this part of the post in spoiler tags because it's only symbolically related to the topic.

Spoiler

I don't know if Bioware cares about giving us an entertaining gaming/story experience. I wouldn't be surprised to find out, some day in the future, that they gave up caring and trying. But let's assume for now that they do care. How much of our misery could have been avoided if, when they were writing their stories, they ranked our happiness one notch above their artistic license?

Or maybe the ability to empathize is the problem. If that is the case, perhaps Bioware should not surround themselves with voices and opinions that perfectly mirror their own. Examples of this problem presenting in the storytelling are numerous, for example:
Spoiler
Things like this were what made kotfe a hideous and upsetting experience for me.

I have one last point I'd like to make, quickly, because said husband is waiting for me to hurry up and finish this post so we can watch our show. I'm not perfect at what I'm asking Bioware to be better at. The Theronmancers have pointed out problems in the story that went over even my head, and I thought I was pretty vigilant about these things. But again, one person, or rather perspective, is not enough if your goal is to make your entire playerbase (or even the majority of it) happy. Happy paying playerbase.
Superb feedback. Eric/Devs I hope you take notice of this.
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - || Quinn Treats™
Darth Rivix as Permanent Companion & Romance Pls!
My Rishi

ZeroTypeR
02.26.2019 , 09:57 AM | #157
My feedback doesn't matter, but I will go ahead and give it:

- RNG seems to have become an obsession with your company, I don't like that.
- I like the content difficulty BEFORE the 4.0 change.
- I liked having PVP gear.
- I don't mind lv sync, but the content difficulty from 1-60 (pre 4.0) needs to at least be somewhat challenging.
- I'm bored and haven't been playing very much daily (1-2 hours or less), and sometimes don't play for 3 days at a time.
- 1-60 content (Pre 4.0) has been the only thrill I've gotten from this game since I joined in 2015, which includes PVP and FP's, and OP's (if I ever decide to give that a try).
- I liked having changeable stances.
- I liked starting out as a base class and changing jobs at level 10.
- I don't like the cookie-cutter, bind-to-slot feature put into 252-258 gear. Is this game becoming an assembly line now?
- And finally..., I'm am sick and tired of Loot Boxes and RNG (For gear) . Yeah yeah i know, there's UC's, but how long does THAT TAKE to even get enough to get one toon fully 248 geared....?

I'm sure there's more, but I can't think of anything else atm.

Edit: - Oh and the Base CXP for Class Quests, Exploration Quests, and Bonus Quests should be at 150 CXP, to at least feel SOMEWHAT rewarding.

LordDarrack
02.26.2019 , 10:14 AM | #158
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
^ This.

Eric has basically gone for the "we'll tell them we really mean it this time" approach - it worked the previous 5 times we had no intention of changing how we communicate.

Fool me once....

Words are pointless... ...we are our DEEDS.

All The Best
BW Customer Services:
Field Marshal Eric has formulated a brilliant new tactical plan to ensure final victory in the excuses war.

SW Palyerbase:
Ah. Would this brilliant plan involve feeding us a vision for the future based on a drunken workshop in the local pub where ideas were scribbled down on the back of an old cigerete packet?
And putting at the end of the post “this time we really mean we are going to do it”?

BW Customer services:
How could you possibly know that? It's classified information!

SW Playerbase:
It's the same plan that you used last time and the seventeen times before that.

BW Customer Services:
Exactly! And that is what is so brilliant about it! It will catch the players totally off guard! Doing precisely what we've done eighteen times before is exactly the last thing they'll expect us to do this time! There is, however, one small problem.

SW Playerbase:
That everyone always sees through it and leaves to play other games?

BW Customer Services:
That's right. And Field Marshal Eric is worried this may be depressing both PVE and PVPer’s a tad.
So he's looking for a way to cheer them up.

SW Playerbase:
Well, his resignation and suicide seems the obvious choice.

BW Customer Services:
Hmm, interesting thought. We’ll Make a note of it.

(Thanks Blackadder)

Be Safe
"The Experience of Survival is the key to the Gravity of Love"

TheAresian
02.26.2019 , 11:22 AM | #159
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I also found it rather coincidental that Eric decided to post just as Ben Irving was getting lambasted on Reddit for his Anthem loot box nerf...suddenly, SWTOR players seem to matter...

/yawn
Posts like this remind me of how absolutely ecstatic I was upon learning that he was moved over to Anthem.
Quote: Originally Posted by tahol View Post
+1 from me. I have never had any hard feelings for a game dev...and then there's Ben Irving. Him leaving filled my petty heart with joy.

TUXs
02.26.2019 , 11:24 AM | #160
Quote: Originally Posted by TheAresian View Post
Posts like this remind me of how absolutely ecstatic I was upon learning that he was moved over to Anthem.
No kidding Best thing to happen to SWTOR ever imo!!!

edit: love your sig!!!
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)