Confused on how to use class trainers?

PackingHeat

Hello,

I'm fairly new to the game, been playing the last few weeks, currently playing as a level 49 Mercenary. Whenever I find a bounty hunter trainer, I click to see what mercenary things I can learn and there's nothing there. If I filter it by "show all" it shows a bunch of skills I can potentially upgrade, but it always has the minimum level set to one level more than what I am now -if that makes sense?

For example, I was level 48 and the list of skills the trainer had showed they could be upgraded at level 49. Once I got to level 49, I went back to a Bounty Hunter trainer and the skill now shows I need to be level 50. Not sure if I'm just missing something or if I'm dumb

Edited by PackingHeat

Class trainers really serve no purpose anymore. Back at launch you did have to visit the trainers to learn new skills or even level up a skill. very similar to a myriad of other games.

in the current game in the 7.xx era, abilities are granted to you as you level up in accordance with the ability tree for your combat style and spec. just go to the combat style tab (or hit K) to see the abilities and what level you get access to them.

the planets that had trainers ( the base game, Makeb, etc) still have the trainers despite their irrelevance in todays SWTOR.