If you have a favorite SWTOR Story Cutscene then come over here and post...

Kass

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely a dramatic moment. I think it's the longest kiss of all kiss scenes. He's kissing you goodbye and you don't (in character) know it.

I still have the song "Who knew" by Pink in my SWTOR playlist because of that Umbara incident XD

Those that are new in the game, will never know the emotional roller coaster these forums were when the Umbara fp launched and IT (not going to spoil it) happened.

Theron/SIN romance arc is my fave.

Edited by Tadagyt

I don't remember the Flashpoint, but the one where you get to decide between rescuing the crew, or punting them out the airlock .... I giggled at the sight of them drifting helplessly into space. Soooo awesome :D

This is the only MMO I've ever played where I can actually play an evil character & get rewards for doing it :)

That's The Essles, the first Flashpoint for Republic characters.

Some of the cutscenes for the early parts of the game were redone/reworked last year including Essles. You can see the before and after changes here including that Light/Dark choice

Oh and I forgot the best one: the KotET intro scene when you arrive on Voss. Beautifully done! How you fly through a space battle seeing Voss from above and than land in a straight up warzone when the door of your ship slides open after an inspiring speech to the Mando's. Perfect. Wish we had more of those epic scenes. It really drew me in and made it feel like a movie for a sec.

The Cut Scene/In-game Animation I MOST want to see in SWTOR...

The Stronghold or Starship "Crawl into Bed" Logout animation that most everyone has wanted/asked for for 10 years

Would be a nice Retro Suggestion fulfilled for the 10 year Anniversary :d_wink:

But even Stronghold intro Cut Scenes are done beatifully - wish there had been a shuttle fly into the new Spacedock Stronghold, but they are too small to warrant an intro cut scene (other than the a fore mentioned shuttling to the stronghold from your Fury class or an Harrower Class Imperial Star Ship).

We're so spoiled with the stronghold cut scenes that I was actually sad there wasn't one for my new Vaiken Spacedock Stronghold

*(The first stronghold I might add that I have fully decorated - ever - its just the perfect size for my tastes and budget)

Edited by Kass

The Stronghold or Starship "Crawl into Bed" Logout animation that most everyone has wanted/asked for for 10 years

You could do it with starships given that everything in them are in fixed positions and have no way of being changed by the player. As in there's no way to (re)decorate starships.

Strongholds on the other hand that would be more difficult to do because other than the layout nothing is really fixed and having a bed is something that's dependent on the player.

Edited by Darth-Obvious

You could do it with starships given that everything in them are in fixed positions and have no way of being changed by the player. As in there's no way to (re)decorate starships.

Strongholds on the other hand that would be more difficult to do because other than the layout nothing is really fixed and having a bed is something that's dependent on the player.

Maybe Ashely Ruhl or someone from her team can do another Dev Blog feature that shares with us the general ways/tools (with out disclosing proprietary tech or methods ofc) they use to account for all the different armors and styles players create and still get to see in a cut scene...

... including the Malgus Reborn Chestpiece "Cape (Physics) Bug" in Cut Scenes --- gonna keep plugging this as long as I play this game --

It 'may' be that the tools they have can automatically capture the surrounding decorations to then generate the cut scene, similar to how we see our armors generated into the cut scene that can not be known to the developers in advance.

I think it would be a cool read to know how they procedural generate (pretty sure that's the right terminology here) all those variations into a cut scene.

Edited by Kass

Even better, your love interest is already on the bed.

Maybe Ashely Ruhl or someone from her team can do another Dev Blog feature that shares with us the general ways/tools (with out disclosing proprietary tech or methods ofc) they use to account for all the different armors and styles players create and still get to see in a cut scene...

... including the Malgus Reborn Chestpiece "Cape (Physics) Bug" in Cut Scenes --- gonna keep plugging this as long as I play this game --

It 'may' be that the tools they have can automatically capture the surrounding decorations to then generate the cut scene, similar to how we see our armors generated into the cut scene that can not be known to the developers in advance.

I think it would be a cool read to know how they procedural generate (pretty sure that's the right terminology here) all those variations into a cut scene.

The cutscenes capturing the objects isn't the issue. Note that whenever you replay the intro cutscene for a stronghold it'll always show what decorations you have placed as long as they are in frame of where the camera shots have been placed.

The issue is that you need to script out and position camera angles/shots for cutscenes and those things tend to be fairly fixed which means a player would need to place their/a bed where the camera shots are already positioned. Either that or Bioware would have to create a preset bed(room) but that means none of the player's decorations would be used/accounted for.

Another option would be to fix a camera shot directly above a/the bed but given the ways a player can position a bed any which way it could/would cause clipping issues with things like walls and ceilings.

As far as I'm aware the cutscenes can't/don't account for certain armor specifics. For example, if you have a male body type 3 and the camera is positioned over their shoulder pointing at a downward angle towards the person they're talking to the camera is set in a position to account for the player's size however if you're character is wearing giant shoulder pads chances are that in many scenes with that same camera set up you're going to get shots/frames where the shoulder pads are blocking out the character that's being talked to.

It's kind of similar to replacing the player character with an Ewok or Jawa character model. That's a very easy thing to do. You either swap the model or changing the pathing to point to a different file location but as a result, you'd end up with a bunch of cutscenes where your Ewok/Jawa player character is sitting below or out of frame in many dialogue shots.

I could be wrong but I don't think SWTOR's tools will dynamically or automatically adjust to anything and everything thrown their way.

But even Stronghold intro Cut Scenes are done beatifully - wish there had been a shuttle fly into the new Spacedock Stronghold, but they are too small to warrant an intro cut scene (other than the a fore mentioned shuttling to the stronghold from your Fury class or an Harrower Class Imperial Star Ship).

We're so spoiled with the stronghold cut scenes that I was actually sad there wasn't one for my new Vaiken Spacedock Stronghold

*(The first stronghold I might add that I have fully decorated - ever - its just the perfect size for my tastes and budget)

I'd settle for a nice quite walk on the beach ... just use a little imagination for the rest

My favorite cutscenes... they come from the character interactions the most. So, any IA/Vector BH/Theron, JK/Kira, SW/Vette, JC/Arcann, Trooper/Jorgun, or Trooper/Elara romances usually do it. I also love and wish hard for IA/WATCHER 2 friendship or Romance cut scenes, they were and re GEMS. Please bring her back.

I also love anything with Senya. But there are so many specific cutscenes I love that if I kept typing I'd be typing for weeks.

I'd settle for a nice quite walk on the beach ... just use a little imagination for the rest

Ohhhhh.... but if only. :d_cool:

Sadly Disney/Lucas would never allow anything more than the marriage proposals we've seen so far - no Mass Effect 2 style Miranda Cut Scenes for us sadly. (was my FAVORITE romance unlock btw)

I might reply again, so this one is for the Chapter 1 antagonist interactions:

• Consular - Lord Vivicar - I find it odd that the council is Ok with DS characters killing the lost masters 5 or 6 times in a row, and not feeling like something is off... For LS characters, when you finally confront Vivicar, the simplest solution is pure genius.

• Knight - Darth Angral - Killing his son made him a bit unhinged, and with great power comes great fury, in his case. I mean, you did kill Tarnis right in front of him. Bonus points to Lord Praven, once I realized that I could turn him.

• Smuggler - Skavak - Such a slimy character. When adding his criminal record back on, my only regret is that I can't tag him with mine, too. He even manages to get ahead of you at points, too, meaning that he is actually a smart guy. Trying to deliver the head-in-a-jar became... well... trying, since a fake had been delivered the previous day. How did he obtain a fake head-in-a-jar that quickly, and get there a day earlier than planned?

• Trooper - Tavus and former Havoc Squad - It's a shame what happened to them, but their actions are no excuse. While some are remorseful for what they have become, it is difficult to justify full DS or full LS on all of the defectors. Bonus points for the mini-Senate Hearing, answering in all DS choices is great, especially if you tell Garza that you followed her instructions. *wink wink*

• Agent - The Eagle, Zhorrid, and the real mastermind behind the destruction of Darth Jadus' ship - Zhorrid is vapid and entitled, while the Eagle has plans set way in advance, that seem very imminently successful. Special props to the Ghost scene on Tattooine, especially when impersonating a female agent. Would have been great to get a screenshot of them facing each other.

• Bounty Hunter - Tarro Blood - If the intent is to make me want to smack the bejeebus out of him every time he appears, then success. He makes it hard to stay light side, for those types. Bonus to The Lady of Pain, but primarily for Gault vs Guards, and ok... the flirt lines with The Lady of Pain are good, too.

• Inquisitor - Zash, Skotia, Thanaton - Starting your own cult and building a mini-empire, in order to confront Thanaton in a one-on-one fight to the death. When and where the final confrontation takes place, you know the moment I mean, is just so satisfying.

• Warrior - Baras' lackeys, and eventually you-know-who - It's almost as if you are being trained to do something big. I had to pay close attention to that ritual on Tattooine through several playthroughs, since it responds to dark, light, or gray warriors' paths.

• Inquisitor - Zash, Skotia, Thanaton - Starting your own cult and building a mini-empire, in order to confront Thanaton in a one-on-one fight to the death. When and where the final confrontation takes place, you know the moment I mean, is just so satisfying.

I'm seriously biased for Inquisitor Class Story, but I can't agree more. In fact it's so satisfying I rolled another identical character (different discipline) to my 10 year old Main Assassin and replayed the class story while game capturing the cut-scenes, just so I could watch it via USB on my smart TV.

Again heavily biased... but it's JUST SO GOOD!

One of my favorite cut-scenes is actually one they eliminated: in the flashpoint False Emperor the dialogue between HK-51 and HK-47. They eliminated it in 4.0 when KOTET came out. (they eliminated alot of other dialogue HK-51 had on the planets as well).

Boo!!!!:mad:

Smuggler reuniting with Corso and Risha is my favorite Republic Alert reunion. It was quite jovial. With my dialogue choices I was able to play it off as everyone was so non-chalant about it even though we all missed each other terribly. We played out as if they were going to stay on their own, and then at the last moment my Smuggler tells them to get on board his ship already. Perfectly fit the characters.

Also nice that even though I romanced Risha but didn't want to continue it she was all ok with it. I know had I chosen to keep the relationship she would be happy about that too, but I can take it at face value there's no hard feelings with the mutual break up. Other Companions don't take the break up very well.

Andronikus is my favorite Imperial Alert reunion. Always the tough guy in public, he got practically mushy when it was just us in private. He is/was my Sith Inquisitor's best bud. I head canon that after the Class story ending when everyone knelt down, my Inquisitor would tell him privately that was the first and last time he'd ever have to kneel. I always want his candid counsel even if I disagree.

Ohhhhh.... but if only. :d_cool:

Sadly Disney/Lucas would never allow anything more than the marriage proposals we've seen so far - no Mass Effect 2 style Miranda Cut Scenes for us sadly. (was my FAVORITE romance unlock btw)

It wouldn't have to be too explicit ... but very moving.

Sorry I guess the old man just enjoys RL too much and would love to see some tender moments in game !!

Note: I've been happily married for 47 + years ... I get what it takes !!

Sorry I guess the old man just enjoys RL too much and would love to see some tender moments in game !!

Some class story romances have fade to black scenes. Your character could say "meet me in my quarters" or after the fade to black from your dialogue you're on your bed in your quarters. Female trooper and Aric flex their shoulders after a fade to black. Romancing Theron on Yavin Republic side he compliments you on being good at everything after the fade to black. The game can't be graphic, but innuendos are fine.

A walk on the beach holding hands would be fine, maybe even in bathing suits. However, it makes sense they don't want to contribute to Rule 34.

If you've got something like Star Wars: Attack of the Clones -- Anakin and Padame level tenderness then yeah definitely ... but we wouldn't even get a fade to black scene.

We'd just get time lapse "Ani I'm pregnant!".

Which is good for Star Wars. Too many kids under 13 probably play this game, despite EULA, and its best that they learn the finer details of such thing from their actual parents and not the Star Wars Franchise(s).

But some also tragic romantic endings would be pretty darn cool too - like Imperial aligned Alliance Commander - Trooper in a showdown with an armed and dangerous Elara Dorn! (That could be heart wrenching - imagine Padame level heart break but ARMED and trying to kill you! - Do you end her life or take some other choice - and if you do will she hunt you down to the ends of the Galaxy?)

#chills

This one, ofc!

It was great seeing something strictly Navy-themed for once. Pilot-class story when?

Now if only the Harrower-class' would exchange fire with the Republic Capital ships in Galactic Starfighter PVP mode as well!

:csw_destroyer:

Now if only the Harrower-class' would exchange fire with the Republic Capital ships in Galactic Starfighter PVP mode as well!

:csw_destroyer:

IKR!

....They kinda do, in ship battle-map. Not capital ships where you spawn, but ones present in the middle as props. Would be cool if their clash were something tangible, not just an effect.

Edited by Stradlin