Who Ever Thought of the Credit Sink in Galactic Seasons is a Genius!!!!!

CKNORTH

Just came back from a few year Hiatus subscribed a few weeks back, and I finally finished the other gaming distractions. the galactic seasons I really like, however one thing caught my eye. The credit sink to buy levels with credits was a bit surprising. However after thinking about it for a bit, its brilliant! Best way to delete all the inflated credits finally out of the game!!! :D That makes me an extremely happy camper. After a few of these seasons prices will fall imo drastically from where they are now across the board and we might actually see a normal economy finally!! Kudos to the dev who thought of it! I am over the moon impressed. So Thanks!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're not wrong I've noticed prices on things dropping on the GTN. It's nothing huge but it's a process.

Both the spider mount and the longboi helped out in World of Warcraft a lot when they had a similar problem

Edited by Zergnaut

You're not wrong I've noticed prices on things dropping on the GTN. It's nothing huge but it's a process.

Both the spider mount and the longboi helped out in World of Warcraft a lot when they had a similar problem

Yeah it’s going to take a bit but after about 3-4 seasons we might actually see things like they were when the CC store first opened and seeing things at a million credits was pretty rare. And that makes me very happy in regards that this will be putting the free and preferred players back in the GTN game! Amazing move to the dev who made this happen!!

Edited by CKNORTH

don't know what server you are on, but the stuff i'm selling (Starforge) is going up, and up. Stuff I've picked up for 10k is selling for 20 million. At that's me listing it at the cheapest price..... I don't think GS will affect any of the players with a lot of credits that much, they play alot as it is, so they probably won't ever need to catch up.

It has probably affected the stores of cc's people had, so they could push ahead, or encouraged people to splash out on cc's to skip ahead

Edited by DarkTergon

don't know what server you are on, but the stuff i'm selling (Starforge) is going up, and up. Stuff I've picked up for 10k is selling for 20 million. At that's me listing it at the cheapest price..... I don't think GS will affect any of the players with a lot of credits that much, they play alot as it is, so they probably won't ever need to catch up.

There was once a time when they said Legacy gear could not be in collections correct? Notice with the DVL gear now and all it’s rewards for the armour set that gave a bonus for the exp boost of 50% is now just a shell?? I am pretty certain that within the next few seasons all that wonderful rewards from that event will be in the new seasons to come. If I were to predict that even if those items will not come back. Something similar to those rewards will be. It will make even those old rich folks spend there credits and I might add everyone else who didn’t 100% finish the DVL event including me I still need that dang tank mount!!

There was once a time when they said Legacy gear could not be in collections correct? Notice with the DVL gear now and all it’s rewards for the armour set that gave a bonus for the exp boost of 50% is now just a shell?? I am pretty certain that within the next few seasons all that wonderful rewards from that event will be in the new seasons to come. If I were to predict that even if those items will not come back. Something similar to those rewards will be. It will make even those old rich folks spend there credits and I might add everyone else who didn’t 100% finish the DVL event including me I still need that dang tank mount!!

that has nothing to do with anything i've said, the people with the credits, got them by playing consistently, so chances are, they will continue to do so, so they'll never need to spend credits to catch up. So prices on the gtn will never go down, Pandora's box is open, and everything is for sale. GS won't change that.

that has nothing to do with anything i've said, the people with the credits, got them by playing consistently, so chances are, they will continue to do so, so they'll never need to spend credits to catch up. So prices on the gtn will never go down, Pandora's box is open, and everything is for sale. GS won't change that.

Uh, I make it rain credits and I know I’ll be deleting a lot from the servers I’ll be more than happy to get free levels. So at least one guy who has no need for credits will be using “Pandora’s box” Lol

Edit: To note I managed to get a Masterwork Ancient initiative package from a pvp box, so I was curious it’s rating was 258 and I did check the GTN only one for sale for 1m… not sure if that is the current top Irating but it seems pretty dang cheap for a 258…

Edited by CKNORTH

Uh, I make it rain credits and I know I’ll be deleting a lot from the servers I’ll be more than happy to get free levels. So at least one guy who has no need for credits will be using “Pandora’s box” Lol

Edit: To note I managed to get a Masterwork Ancient initiative package from a pvp box, so I was curious it’s rating was 258 and I did check the GTN only one for sale for 1m… not sure if that is the current top Irating but it seems pretty dang cheap for a 258…

except you aren't a regular, as you said yourself, you've been away, which is why you are playing catch up. People who have the credits now, won't be using them to catch up, that's the point.

Now if they were to introduce it as a skip option, like it was on PTS, then, yes it would work that way, but BW won't do it, as they want people to pay CC's, spend real money, not digital.

306 is the highest now, you won't get much for most of the master work stuff, apart from chest pieces, or other armour pieces that are distinct enough, that people will try and get them from the gtn. 1 million is probably expensive, as people will out level it quite fast.

I don't know. I have billions on my main server, but there are only a few items on the GS vendor that interest me. Once I get them, I'll have nothing to buy from it anymore, therefore I will have no reason to catch up with credits either. Also I'm doing most of the GS objectives, so I can only unlock with CC, and I'm not going to do that. Add Avalanche Heavy Tank there and I can readjust my opinion. The drops from EC are more rare than a unicorn, and that said I would just call it currently unobtainable. I've never seen it drop in NiM, and only once in SM. It was probably a bug. :rolleyes:

On the other servers I might want to catch up with credits, but since those legacies don't have enough credits, it's not even an option for me. And no, unlocking with CC is not an option on other servers either. I already pay a sub.

I don't know. I have billions on my main server, but there are only a few items on the GS vendor that interest me. Once I get them, I'll have nothing to buy from it anymore, therefore I will have no reason to catch up with credits either. Also I'm doing most of the GS objectives, so I can only unlock with CC, and I'm not going to do that. Add Avalanche Heavy Tank there and I can readjust my opinion. The drops from EC are more rare than a unicorn, and that said I would just call it currently unobtainable. I've never seen it drop in NiM, and only once in SM. It was probably a bug. :rolleyes:

On the other servers I might want to catch up with credits, but since those legacies don't have enough credits, it's not even an option for me. And no, unlocking with CC is not an option on other servers either. I already pay a sub.

Yeah I hit the catch up with credits now it wants CC, oh well. And like you there are just a few items that I would like from the Venders. What I do like though is the fact that 258 is under a million it is kind of a boon to any preferred player with artifact gear. When I was playing as preferred I really didn’t miss much but wanted at least the first seasons worth of items as a subscriber. Then unlock all the legacy gear in the collections. After that I am not sure if I will stay subscribed or not. The main reason for me is pulling a full legacy set out of collections. But I still See opportunity for the Cartel Items Tanking from this however other items in the GTN will still be worth quite a bit. It’s a shame though I mean if it was 100% unlocked with credits then yeah I could see it doing what was my

Hopes at least. Oh well. I have said it before and I’ll say it again they should sell CC Tokens and Sub time Tokens in the store for people to trade on the GTN put them at 1 month time or 2000CC or better yet put them on a NPC for the max amount of credits possible 2B? The latter would see credits purged from

The servers Lol

Edited by CKNORTH

Yeah I hit the catch up with credits now it wants CC, oh well.

Just wait until 29 August (possibly 30 Aug due to the time issue) when level 95 will become available for credit catchup. Then you can buy your way through most of the season for 6,238,766,307 credits (that total will be less if you have unlocked any levels by earning GS points or using CC's).

Gold sellers love threads like this. I bet they're rubbing their hands together right now, getting ready to crank up another big push in gen chat and whispers to sell credits, because the devs suddenly created another sink, and therefore another need for people lacking the credits for that sink.

Money sinks only work if the devs are serious about keeping the credit sellers off the servers.

Just came back from a few year Hiatus subscribed a few weeks back, and I finally finished the other gaming distractions. the galactic seasons I really like, however one thing caught my eye. The credit sink to buy levels with credits was a bit surprising. However after thinking about it for a bit, its brilliant! Best way to delete all the inflated credits finally out of the game!!! :D That makes me an extremely happy camper. After a few of these seasons prices will fall imo drastically from where they are now across the board and we might actually see a normal economy finally!! Kudos to the dev who thought of it! I am over the moon impressed. So Thanks!

No one in their right mind will spend billions for something you can achieve in game with minimal effort...

oof. that long boi helped drive me away from WoW. I played a lot but I didn't make it my goal in life to make money in it. the cost for that thing was waaaay beyond what a regular player could afford by actually playing content (as opposed to playing the AH/Trade). very disappointing on my end. won't argue about its effectiveness in the aggregate for inflation though.

I don't. know about that. SATELE SHAN has had sudden inflation. Armor prices that used to be a fraction of the STAR FORGE prices are catching up. Which ruins my plan to buy armor on SS put it on a character to get in the collection then unlock so SF character can wear it.

I still don't know how you make money to afford those prices. I doubt all my characters together have 15 million credits.

I don't know, I haven't seen that much stuff come down. It might depend on the server though. Star Forge still has name rename, command tokens and master datacrons are almost double in price, could be just certain items maybe???

Based on what I've seen, the prices on SF are about 25-50% higher than pre-GS (at least on big ticket CM items)

or more accurately, pre-ending of the referral program. As predicted, the sudden drop in CCs coming in means less people flipping CM stuff which means high prices

I don't. know about that. SATELE SHAN has had sudden inflation. Armor prices that used to be a fraction of the STAR FORGE prices are catching up. Which ruins my plan to buy armor on SS put it on a character to get in the collection then unlock so SF character can wear it.

I still don't know how you make money to afford those prices. I doubt all my characters together have 15 million credits.

I started buying and selling on the gtn, small items first, then bigger, with 7 cargo bays unlocked account wide, 91 chars on SF, I now have at least 60% of them full of items. Stuff that I bought for as little as 10k, now goes for millions.

Also at the start of i306, I crafted a lot of 306 items that sold like hot cakes, while they were in huge demand, and stopped before the bubble burst. Add in CQ, the mats from that, etc. And I've a tidy 'virtual' nest egg, that i'll probably never spend, or use, that someday will disappear in a puff of electronic smoke. BUt, I had fun playing the gtn, and no matter what comes out, even if my cc's run out, my credits never will ;)

Based on what I've seen, the prices on SF are about 25-50% higher than pre-GS (at least on big ticket CM items)

or more accurately, pre-ending of the referral program. As predicted, the sudden drop in CCs coming in means less people flipping CM stuff which means high prices

they have, hypercrates have gone up by 200 million since GS. (it has always been slowly climbing, but jumped massiely then. Same as renames, char slots, certain armours that aren't available, some of the tuinings, went for 10 million to over 100....which turned out to be a nice reward for me.

Don't buy 258 gear from the gtn. Its a scam. You can go to a vendor on ossus and buy all the 258 gear for like 40,000 credits each.

Maybe OP, Maybe, but proberbly not going to have a huge effect on credits in game.

Why?

Well I think DT has basiclly mentioned it all. Most subs will be ahead so cannot use the buy level with credit yet, sure they can stop progressing now that you can use credits and wait untill the catch up has overtaken the level they are on. Players already at that mark, are players who proberbly don't play a lot, so will they have the crefits to buy many levels anyway? Again maybe, as anything is possable but how many, which really is the question?

F2P/Preffered cannot buy more than 3 levels max, before any extra levels they would have to sub, as it's beyond there level cap.

Now I can only speck really for myself, however I am doing all 5 servers on 4 accounts. 1 now has gone f2p as my sub time has run out. So far only 3 servers are below the level to be able to use credits. On these I have brought 2 levels only. Proberbly won't buy more simply due to the fact It now seems clear I won't get to the level I need to buy the few items I wanted of the venders, so just no point. Plus as I understand it, if you get buy a reward on one server, you can unlock it accountwide in any-case. On the other server(s)& accounts in which I do have credit to spare, I am ahead and will get the to level I need to be at the get the companion I need/want, so just don't need to buy levels.

Sure other player will be after differant rewards, but I just don't see all that many needing to buy levels with credits. Some will of course, but in huge numbers?

As for prices coming down on GTN, well I really don't buy much, so cannot say. I guess as more levels become avalable to buy with credits, we will see in the coming weeks, far to early to say yet. Other's will have to report on this, as said I don't buy much of GTN.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

Credit Sinks are great an all but the people that they affect the most are the player that DON'T have Billions of credits.

Now that everything cost 10x times more I find that for almost every credit I make it costs me 5 credits to maintain my character.

Example: it cost 32,000 credits to remove a Purple Mod, but if you sell that mod you only get 1,500 credits. If you buy a Tactical mod it cost 1,000,000 credits but if you sell it you only get 9,000 credits. That kind of ratio is an insult to players.

I have 27 characters, I don't like to craft, I don't play the GTN it's too expensive for me I don't have anywhere enough credits to buy ANYTHING there, so I play the story and the game, that is my primary interest. I used to be able to make a decent amount of credits to buy, repair and in general purchase items for my character with no credit issues. At best I had about 250 million credits across all 27 characters.

Now I have about 60 million left from the 250 million, and no I did not buy a bunch of stuff. That loss is only from the lack of credits being awarded and the cost of maintaining my characters. If it continues the way it is going I will be out of credits on all my characters soon. Then, when I can NO longer travel to other systems, repair my characters gear or buy upgrades for my gear I will be UNABLE to continue to play the game......

It almost seems like BW is telling me to buy my credits online from the Credit sellers. Because that will be my only option left unless BW changes this and stops taking all our credits or puts a price cap on the GTN so that Credit Sellers can no longer charge 900,000,000 credits for shells, mods and nearly everything else just so they can keep selling credits online.

BW Please Stop Price Gouging Us To DEATH....

Edited by denavin

credit sinks are great and the game needs more of it to combat the inflation thats going on, the galactic seasons one is amazing cause you can easily get all rewards by just playing, however, if you want to get that instant gratification you can either use cartel coins or use the catch-up system if you start late

hopefully they introduce more credit sinks, higher repair cost, lower mission credit rewards, increased gtn taxes and similar, think it will help the game in the long run