Upcoming Guild Conquest Updates

DavidStaats

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. Hate anything to do with pvp and even my boyfriend who loves pvp hates GSF.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve always hated GSF too. My main gripe has always been that it didn’t feel like a space sim or Xwing vs tie fighter. Plus the learning curve is huge, as in almost vertical vs veteran GSF players.

But with GS giving points and rerolls being limited, I’ve felt forced to play it. What I’ve found out is it’s a fast and easy source of conquest points and probably the fastest daily/weekly PO you can get for GS. And after doing somethings (like IOKATH) the other week (4 times), I was wishing for GSF because of how much a pain IOKATH is.

I had kept chat of for GSF till the other day. Mostly to avoid toxic comments, but also because I hadn’t yet learnt how to use it while flying. I since turned it on and only had one match where I saw toxicity (which was refreshing considering pvp has it every other match).

Sadly, I ran into my first real issue last night. I was lagging bad and something was wrong with my mouse. It was a death match game and I kept inadvertently crashing too much for no reason. So I tried to get as far from the group and obstacles as I could to work out what was happening. After the match I couldn’t requeue for GSF or pvp. It wouldn’t even let me group with my wife. There was no deserter timer either. So it looked like someone. reported me for crashing and I was looked from group content.

That’s the last straw for me. I tried my hardest and now I can’t pvp or play GSF. But I can group again. I sent CS a message and I got this nonsensical reply. It’s a direct copy and paste (grammar is theirs).

I completely understand your concern of unable to queue on starfighter can be upsetting, so I reviewed your case to help you with the relevant information.

I have reviewed your case and would like to inform you that It is because your character level is on 72 , there comes a issue with level between 65 to 75 , Therefore , you have to level up your character , I am sure you won't face this issue after leveling up your character. And if still it happens you may connect with us back again.

This CS response makes no sense. Since when has there been a problem with GSF or pvping from lvl 65-74. Am I now meant to not play that part of the game on any Alts between those lvls? What if I had no lvl 75s and my alts were all lvl 65-74? How would I complete any of the GS daily or weekly PO’s? If this really is a bug and is “known” why would BioWare make GSF and pvp part of the POs in GS?.

Would any CS representatives or BioWare employees like to step in and clarify if this is a known issue or bug. And if so why are those activities included in GS so much with no recourse to avoid them more.

I've been doing Conquest for a very long time mate, I know exactly which activities are best to run and I've a lot of experience running GSF. The figures you're bringing up are just nothing major, not farm-worthy. If you wanna run GSF just for the repeatable objectives outside of TGW/CiH weeks go ahead, but there are a lot more activities you could run, including as a Pref player that would be on par or better.

You aren't the only one who has been doing CQ, I've been here 9 years, nearly 10, CONSISTANTLY , my sub has never stopped, so don't give me that BS. I was here with CQ from the start. I've done gsf from the start too, these two weeks out of how many that you keep throwing up mean nothing, it's a red herring, it's BS to try and hide that you are trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes, no matter what you spin, gsf is now the go to for CQ/GS, it's easy, quick, and gives a ton of points, a bucket load more that crafting ever did, for so little more. Name ANY crafting skill that will; give these points for a preff player.

This CS response makes no sense. Since when has there been a problem with GSF or pvping from lvl 65-74. Am I now meant to not play that part of the game on any Alts between those lvls? What if I had no lvl 75s and my alts were all lvl 65-74? How would I complete any of the GS daily or weekly PO’s? If this really is a bug and is “known” why would BioWare make GSF and pvp part of the POs in GS?.

Would any CS representatives or BioWare employees like to step in and clarify if this is a known issue or bug. And if so why are those activities included in GS so much with no recourse to avoid them more.

This is a symptom of a company outsourcing it's CS., especially it's ticket service. Most of them are in places where they are taken in daily, and not trained, but literally given a card to follow. It's why the ticket system is so shoddy, where as the contact system (email/phone) can 'mostly' be better. Outsourcing is cheaper, but it's extremely bad for CS.

I've been doing Conquest for a very long time mate, I know exactly which activities are best to run and I've a lot of experience running GSF. The figures you're bringing up are just nothing major, not farm-worthy. If you wanna run GSF just for the repeatable objectives outside of TGW/CiH weeks go ahead, but there are a lot more activities you could run, including as a Pref player that would be on par or better.

I’ve been reading all the responses between you guys and tried to stay out of this. But what you say here is flat out not true.

I’ve been playing lots of GSF since GS started because that’s what mainly drops for my PO.

What I’ve learnt is GSF is the easiest and fast way to get repeatable Conquest points in the game. It’s easily on par with how crafting was for time. But you have to do zero prep work to do it.

So if you’re so experienced with GSF, why are you telling such a whopper of a mis truth with this post.

On weeks where GSF isn’t a big factor, you can still spam it and get every character conquest done in a few matches per Alt. You can’t do that in any other activity for conquest. It literally takes less than half an hour per Alt and there is no restrictions like pvp or operations or heroics have.

On weeks where GSF is a factor (like this week), you can do it even faster and spam it more. Ive literally been getting more conquest points doing GSF than I ever did from crafting (before the nerfs). I’m playing half as much, I’m not having to farm mats and I’m smashing our guild 5 mil conquest solo. My sister stopped playing after the crafting nerfs because that’s what she enjoyed (so thanks Bioware :mad:).

I’m not pointing fingers here or blaming any specific type of player for the nerfs. But I needed to respond to this post because it’s blatantly misleading and not even close to being accurate. I also don’t want BioWare to nerf GSF or any other content. So can I suggest you ALL calm your selves. We know Bioware aren’t going to revert crafting (as much as I wish they would). But if you all keep arguing and spinning mis truths, GSF will end up as Biowares next conquest casualty and that would be disappointing and drive more people from the game.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I’ve been reading all the responses between you guys and tried to stay out of this. But what you say here is flat out not true.

I’ve been playing lots of GSF since GS started because that’s what mainly drops for my PO.

What I’ve learnt is GSF is the easiest and fast way to get repeatable Conquest points in the game. It’s easily on par with how crafting was for time. But you have to do zero prep work to do it.

So if you’re so experienced with GSF, why are you telling such a whopper of a mis truth with this post.

On weeks where GSF isn’t a big factor, you can still spam it and get every character conquest done in a few matches per Alt. You can’t do that in any other activity for conquest. It literally takes less than half an hour per Alt and there is no restrictions like pvp or operations or heroics have.

On weeks where GSF is a factor (like this week), you can do it even faster and spam it more. Ive literally been getting more conquest points doing GSF than I ever did from crafting (before the nerfs). I’m playing half as much, I’m not having to farm mats and I’m smashing our guild 5 mil conquest solo. My sister stopped playing after the crafting nerfs because that’s what she enjoyed (so thanks Bioware :mad:).

I’m not pointing fingers here or blaming any specific type of player for the nerfs. But I needed to respond to this post because it’s blatantly misleading and not even close to being accurate. I also don’t want BioWare to nerf GSF or any other content. So can I suggest you ALL calm your selves. We know Bioware aren’t going to revert crafting (as much as I wish they would). But if you all keep arguing and spinning mis truths, GSF will end up as Biowares next conquest casualty and that would be disappointing and drive more people from the game.

I used to do other stuff on my alt accounts, but I've stopped. I literally just do GSF on them, as the points are huge, and even if i get called away from the computer (busy household, busy life, so it's possible) most of the time it won't matter. The game goes on, points rack up. Not saying it's a good thing, it's just a thing. All PvP, even space PvP should be treated equally.

This is a symptom of a company outsourcing it's CS., especially it's ticket service. Most of them are in places where they are taken in daily, and not trained, but literally given a card to follow. It's why the ticket system is so shoddy, where as the contact system (email/phone) can 'mostly' be better. Outsourcing is cheaper, but it's extremely bad for CS.

In the mean time, if I follow CS advice. I can’t complete GS POs or conquest activities on any alt that is lvl 65-74.

I’m pretty sure what that said is complete and utter rubbish. Its why I’m obviously not going to listen to them. Thankfully my character can now queue again for pvp and GSF today. But I wouldn’t have known that if I listened to their instructions (my character is still lvl 72).

I’m convinced the reason I couldn’t queue is someone reported me for inadvertently self destructing in GSF or there is a new auto system that does it. But instead of saying that the system made a mistake or a CS person was over zealous, they decided to mis direct with the rubbish they said. Either that or they are so totally in experienced and un trained, that they shouldn’t be doing the job or BioWare should consider retraining.

I used to do other stuff on my alt accounts, but I've stopped. I literally just do GSF on them, as the points are huge, and even if i get called away from the computer (busy household, busy life, so it's possible) most of the time it won't matter. The game goes on, points rack up. Not saying it's a good thing, it's just a thing. All PvP, even space PvP should be treated equally.

Don’t give them ideas or they’ll ruin GSF like they did with the pvp dailies and weeklies. That would literally be the last straw for me. I’ve been so close to not renewing my sub the last 12 months after what they did to ground pvp and crafting, that any more nerfs and lose of QOL in any part of the game would be enough to call it quits.

In the mean time, if I follow CS advice. I can’t complete GS POs or conquest activities on any alt that is lvl 65-74.

I’m pretty sure what that said is complete and utter rubbish. Its why I’m obviously not going to listen to them. Thankfully my character can now queue again for pvp and GSF today. But I wouldn’t have known that if I listened to their instructions (my character is still lvl 72).

I’m convinced the reason I couldn’t queue is someone reported me for inadvertently self destructing in GSF or there is a new auto system that does it. But instead of saying that the system made a mistake or a CS person was over zealous, they decided to mis direct with the rubbish they said. Either that or they are so totally in experienced and un trained, that they shouldn’t be doing the job or BioWare should consider retraining.

I hope not, I self destruct a lot...not intentionally, I'm just a bad pilot :eek:

The ticket system is bad, and i've mentioned this before, i've worked in CS, and I know a lot about the outsourcing, and can generally tell when I'm talking to an out sourced agent.

Don’t give them ideas or they’ll ruin GSF like they did with the pvp dailies and weeklies. That would literally be the last straw for me. I’ve been so close to not renewing my sub the last 12 months after what they did to ground pvp and crafting, that any more nerfs and lose of QOL in any part of the game would be enough to call it quits.

Don't worry, gsf won't be ruined, it's favoured by 'certain' people

Edited by DarkTergon

Have a look at the conquest objective list and tell me just how good 15k for 15 minutes of GSF is. Once you're done with the GSF weeklies, there are so many activities in the game that are worth more outside of TGW/CiH

He's "done the maths" so clearly that means more than the guy who's been leading a conquest guild for the past several months and got it from never making top 10 on a large yield to being one of the top guilds on the server.

Yes, I believe anyone who has done the maths and actually knows what they are talking about instead of blindly accepting the "truth" of someone who says they are leading a conquest guild and think they opinion weighs more because of their rank in a random guild. If you don't want to check the maths for yourself, that's perfectly fine. But being a GM doesn't give you automatic knowledge of all things, and it doesn't magically change opinions or misbeliefs into facts.

My guild is as "fair and square" as can be. No spam invites, no kicking people for having no points for one week, and now thankfully no risking carpal tunnel just to compete against those who potentially have bots on their side, as well as credits they can get from real life money.

If you need other guilds handicapped to be able to compete, it's not fair and square. And destroying crafting didn't even change anything, same guilds are still winning. Who are you going to blame next?

That's one of my concerns, not the only problem.

It is possible, but it's a lot riskier than using the in-game methods supported by bioware.

Using paypal to transfer real money has zero risks, unless EA can access people's paypal accounts.

That's true, but paying people credits doesn't really serve too well as a primary motivator. From my experience people wanna have fun and win first and foremost, not get paid credits.

That's not what I was saying. I said most if not all credits that are used to pay to conquest winners come from cartel market items. Cartel market items have been bought with real money. So CM and real money is a big part of the conquest, but it doesn't seem to bother you as long as the crafters don't get to use it. It's perfectly fine for everyone else, that's what you're basically saying. Only because you don't personally like crafting.

And btw, paying credits is an excellent motivator to do conquest for someone who is new to the game or new to the server. They'll go for every penny if they don't have credits on the server yet. I would do it on the servers I don't have loads of credits, on servers I'm loaded, I usually just return my reward to the guild bank because I don't need it.

You aren't the only one who has been doing CQ, I've been here 9 years, nearly 10, CONSISTANTLY , my sub has never stopped, so don't give me that BS. I was here with CQ from the start. I've done gsf from the start too, these two weeks out of how many that you keep throwing up mean nothing, it's a red herring, it's BS to try and hide that you are trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes, no matter what you spin, gsf is now the go to for CQ/GS, it's easy, quick, and gives a ton of points, a bucket load more that crafting ever did, for so little more. Name ANY crafting skill that will; give these points for a preff player.

There are a ton of daily conquest objectives you can complete after GSF which give more than that, spanning a variety of in-game content. If you're saying you've exhausted all of them (which is about 8+ hours of play every day), and only repeatable objectives are available then leveling an alt through the story or running some random FP's or operations would be up to par.

Edited by Eli_Porter

Yes, I believe anyone who has done the maths and actually knows what they are talking about instead of blindly accepting the "truth" of someone who says they are leading a conquest guild and think they opinion weighs more because of their rank in a random guild. If you don't want to check the maths for yourself, that's perfectly fine. But being a GM doesn't give you automatic knowledge of all things, and it doesn't magically change opinions or misbeliefs into facts.

The thing is, I HAVE checked the maths. I've been building excel spreadsheets for conquest schedules compiling the best activities I should organize for my guild. Checking the numbers for one activity isn't enough, you need to look at every objective on the list and compare, you need to run it too to see how long it takes and optimize it, which I have.

Using paypal to transfer real money has zero risks, unless EA can access people's paypal accounts.

The transfer isn't the risky part. The risky part is paying random people on the internet and expecting them to deliver on running conquest and staying quiet about it.

That's not what I was saying. I said most if not all credits that are used to pay to conquest winners come from cartel market items. Cartel market items have been bought with real money. So CM and real money is a big part of the conquest, but it doesn't seem to bother you as long as the crafters don't get to use it. It's perfectly fine for everyone else, that's what you're basically saying. Only because you don't personally like crafting.

And btw, paying credits is an excellent motivator to do conquest for someone who is new to the game or new to the server. They'll go for every penny if they don't have credits on the server yet. I would do it on the servers I don't have loads of credits, on servers I'm loaded, I usually just return my reward to the guild bank because I don't need it.

I do get what you're saying, and I acknowledge it exists. But while giving people credits helps, it just isn't that impactful of a motivator from what I've experienced.

The thing is, I HAVE checked the maths. I've been building excel spreadsheets for conquest schedules compiling the best activities I should organize for my guild. Checking the numbers for one activity isn't enough, you need to look at every objective on the list and compare, you need to run it too to see how long it takes and optimize it, which I have.

You should probably check your spreadsheet then because you're numbers are wrong.

The transfer isn't the risky part. The risky part is paying random people on the internet and expecting them to deliver on running conquest and staying quiet about it.

Does your employer pay your salary in advance? Usually people get paid after the work is done, not before. I also don't see why they should stay quiet about it. Everyone is free to hire whoever they want to and pay for a job done. The GMs who pay for conquest points in game currency don't pay in advance, why would real money be different. BW hasn't forbidden paying for conquest points with game currency, and they have no control over what happens outside of the game.

There are a ton of daily conquest objectives you can complete after GSF which give more than that, spanning a variety of in-game content. If you're saying you've exhausted all of them (which is about 8+ hours of play every day), and only repeatable objectives are available then leveling an alt through the story or running some random FP's or operations would be up to par.

NONE that are infinite repeatable, none that are that quick. The average gsf match is probably about 7 mins at most, it's a rare thing that teams are balanced and they go full time. I've played gsf on 4 of the 5 servers, both before GS, and since.

My three preff accounts now do nothing else but gsf, because I can sit and watch a film while the 'vets' farm us noobs. or if I'm on the winning team, the vets farm the other noobs, and I just fly around in circles hoping that if I don't actually kill anyone before they do, that I at least hot something. That's how easy GSF is, it's the easiest mode going. And I'm telling you for a fact, guilds organise teams for CQ, you even admitted yourself that YOU organise it for your guild.

This all comes down to YOUR biased attitude to Crafting, you've pointed out many times how you hate it, you and the other couple of campaigners, complaining about supposed hacks, etc. Quick and easy points, etc. BUT nothing with crafting was ever as quick or easy as GSF , it's quick , easy, takes no effort, you don't even have to win, you just have to crash before you get booted, not that people actually kick you, and it's free, costs absolutely nothing, not even time.

Edited by DarkTergon