Planetary Status Monitor | Still no progression in Ziost story available ?

agnahim

Well, as of now I'm kinda pissed. Why can't we progress any further on Ziost Storyline ?

Wasn't it intended to be fully accessible by release or not ?

Please, tell me.

Edited by agnahim

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised by this as well, since the developers at the cantina tour said it would be live with 3.2. Was looking forward to the new operations boss...

Edit: Nevermind, remembered it wrong, they never said it would come with 3.2. Check out the video I linked below.

Edited by Jerba

I really hope it is a bug, but as I have been saying for a while: This is not all of what we are getting with Ziost. Seems like there is more to come at a later patch (3.3 maybe ?).

EDIT: I want to clarify, if you did some off the map exploring you will realize how much more it is expected to be added to Ziost (at least in comparison to the PTS verison), which is why I think more is to come at a later patch.

Edited by znihilist

I really hope it is a bug, but as I have been saying for a while: This is not all of what we are getting with Ziost. Seems like there is more to come at a later patch (3.3 maybe ?).

Even if that's the case, waiting until July to see the rest of Ziost... that's just painful.

Even if that's the case, waiting until July to see the rest of Ziost... that's just painful.

(Check out my edit, you replied before I added it)

Well the 3.3 is just me, it could be in 3.2.1, 3.3 or 3.4. Point is if you did the off the map exploring you will understand why I am not surprised that this is everything we got. Note this is hinged on the fact that this is really not a bug.

I was afraid that they'd want to split up Ziost into two Game Updates because Ziost is a little too big compared to our recent Game Updates, they have been getting smaller and smaller.

Still, I don't want to wait until 3.3 for the ops boss. At the cantina tour, they

. I'm hoping that it will arrive next week so that the content is spread out over a longer time and everyone is not finished on the first day like for 3.0 because another 2-3 month wait is too long. Edited by Jerba

I was afraid that they'd want to split up Ziost into two Game Updates because Ziost is a little too big compared to our recent Game Updates, they have been getting smaller and smaller.

Still, I don't want to wait until 3.3 for the ops boss. At the cantina tour, they

. I'm hoping that it will arrive next week so that the content is spread out over a longer time and everyone is not finished on the first day like for 3.0 because another 2-3 month wait is too long.

I am aware of that, I am just finding it hard to believe, not because I am placing some maliciousness or incompetence on them, it is just that the amount of stuff that was left untested seems too much to be left a secret, specially since it is more or less obvious on what is going to happen.

The Emperor will consume Ziost.

Anyway it is possible by what was meant that it will be fully released in the 3.2.X cycle.

All in all I hope I am wrong and it is just a bug.

It was my understanding that this stuff was coming around May 4th. Not sure why people were expecting it now...

If it is true they intentionally left an area blocked off for suspense, thats kind of clever because you if its any good, you will be eager to come back next week to finish the story rather than only spending one day and moving on.

If its a bug, well... sloppy.

Wait wait, did we check if doing all the side quests eliminates the block?

Didn't work on PTS but since it references "Evacuation" I thought it might be worth a shot.

That does NOT work.

The sad truth is, they need to Keep the game going somehow. 3.2 has zero replayability, so we get the next part of the Ziost story in 3.3.

That would be totally outrageous, especially for people who acually play the game -> May become a reason to leave rather than to stay.

. I'm hoping that it will arrive next week so that the content is spread out over a longer time and everyone is not finished on the first day like for 3.0 because another 2-3 month wait is too long.

I hope for the best too, but sadly they finally reached the Point of 'all faith lost' .

Alright, I analyzed the

again because I was no longer sure what they said. Of note are the following parts:

Question: Will the blocked-off daily area and ops boss we saw on the PTS be part of GU 3.2 or will it arrive later?

Jesse Sky: Oh, someone went where he's not supposed to get to...

Eric Musco: Dun dun dun.

Michael Backus: Uhm--

Eric Musco: Oh, that's an interesting question.

Jesse Sky: Yeah, yeah. No, it's--

Michael Backus: Can I?

Jesse Sky: Go ahead, do it.

Michael Backus: I might get fired for this. Where's the s--

Eric Musco: This is a great way to start it. This is where me as a Community Manager, I'm sweating right now.

Michael Backus: I know, I'm ready, I'm gonna say it and it is all on film. There were some screenshots that were floating around, we saw them. There might be some stuff on Ziost that you have not seen yet, for those of you who have been playing on PTS. The answer is: Before [the end of] 3.2, more happens with the story. So the answer is yes but I'm not going to spoil-- I'm not going to give any spoilers away what actually is happening. But yeah.

Jesse Sky: Before the end of 3.2.

Eric Musco: There is more that you will see--

Michael Backus: Uh, yes. The end of 3.2.

Jesse Sky: Basically, play Rise of the Emperor and then stay tuned.

Michael Backus: Exactly, exactly. So yes, there is more.

Eric Musco: There is more. We won't talk about-- We won't talk about timing.

Michael Backus: Yes. Not gonna tell you when, but yeah.

Eric Musco: But there's more.

Charles Boyd: It's pretty cool.

Sean Charles: So yes, just no timing yet.

Michael Backus: Yeah, not gonna tell you when.

Eric Musco: I think this is probably the wors-- the biggest non-answer we gave, because we're like "Yes, but we're not going to answer it".

Michael Backus: But it's so cool, like I, I'm like, and this happens, and this happens, and you're not even ready, and this is cool. Anyway.

So 3.2 will really be a staggered release, with different parts of the story becoming available at different times, similar to how they did it during the Chevin event to spread out the content.

Note "Before the end of 3.2", this clearly indicates that the Ziost story will continue before we get 3.3.

I also find it interesting how their story blog has Part One in the title, I'm guessing they are first going to advance the story via the blog before unlocking the next area.

What would be interesting to know is if you can still get to the blocked-off area and already kill the bosses there because the files for it could already be in the game I think.

Edited by Jerba

Can we get a Dev post on this? As much as I love the game, the abruptness of the end and little to no word explaining such action is very unnerving. Like, if this is a bug thats cool but if its on purpose wouldnt a thing saying "STAY TUNED" or something be decent to have?

Musco, whats the plan?

Ziost Rep to grind? Flash point too right? World boss?

- There is no 'Rep' only some stupid 'Ziost Memory Holograph' which can be traded for useless 190pcs

- Which Flashpoint, I assume you meant Instanced Boss (not available yet)

- World boss ... same as instanced boss - not available yet

Edited by agnahim

Alright, I analyzed the Q&A again because I was no longer sure what they said. Of note are the following parts:

So 3.2 will really be a staggered release, with different parts of the story becoming available at different times, similar to how they did it during the Chevin event to spread out the content.

Note "Before the end of 3.2", this clearly indicates that the Ziost story will continue before we get 3.3.

I also find it interesting how their story blog has Part One in the title, I'm guessing they are first going to advance the story via the blog before unlocking the next area.

What would be interesting to know is if you can still get to the blocked-off area and already kill the bosses there because the files for it could already be in the game I think.

To be honest there is nothing wrong with this per se, the issue however, if that's how it is going to play then they need to communicate that before hand so people would know.

To be honest there is nothing wrong with this per se, the issue however, if that's how it is going to play then they need to communicate that before hand so people would know.

Exactly.

If they wanted to stagger Ziost, ok cool, I'm down with that.

JUST FRIKKIN TELL US.

If this is the case, then My God Bioware needs to grow some balls.

I agree with that. Even if they consider our "passionate response" as something in their favor, because it shows how engaged we are - this is not the way it should work. They should have told us upfront that we will see part I today and part II at day X.

Edited by Count_Mario