Help Tracking Down Armour Piece?

Avaricea

So, I've been all over the game and all over the internet, and I just can't seem to find this particular chest piece I very much want for my Consular.

Here is an image of the chestpiece in question, displayed on an NPC in the Hunting Lodge area of Onderon.

I already own the Ceremonial Set which is basically this chestpiece, but... well SWTOR has a known habit of sticking random junk on otherwise nice pieces of armour, and I do NOT want that. I simply want the underlying garment without those silly, stupid pauldron-type-things that the Ceremonial Tunic has stuck to it. Seeing as it is pictured on a character, the asset must exist in the game, but is this somehow an NPC-restricted asset? Anybody have any clue? I've searched the Cartel Market, Collections, Synthweaving and Armourmech recipes and the GTN for generic drops and just can't turn up anything.

Any help is appreciated.

EDIT:

You might try the Matriarchal Armor Set; the chest-piece isn't an exact match, but it features many of the same design elements without the massive retro-80's-wannabe shoulderpads of the Ceremonial Armor chest-piece.

That actually happens to be the outfit he has in his #1 outfit slot right now. :/

Edited by Avaricea
Clarification

Seeing as it is pictured on a character, the asset must exist in the game,

It doesn't necessarily exist as a separate object. Example: Lana's grey-sack "default" armour is actually part of her(1) rather than separate pieces of armour. This particular piece might be the same - in essence, the NPC is naked, but her skin looks like clothes. (No, it isn't automatically like that, but it *might* be.)

(1) I'm not sure if it still works like this, but way back in the day, if you previewed gear on Lana, it showed the gear you previewed layered in amongst the pieces of the grey sack, as if the grey sack was actually part of Lana.

You might try the Matriarchal Armor Set; the chest-piece isn't an exact match, but it features many of the same design elements without the massive retro-80's-wannabe shoulderpads of the Ceremonial Armor chest-piece.

That actually happens to be the outfit he has in his #1 outfit slot right now. :/

It doesn't necessarily exist as a separate object. Example: Lana's grey-sack "default" armour is actually part of her(1) rather than separate pieces of armour. This particular piece might be the same - in essence, the NPC is naked, but her skin looks like clothes. (No, it isn't automatically like that, but it *might* be.)

That's true, I hadn't thought of that possibility. That would really suck though if true.

Something to keep in mind is that for PC armour, there are 8 models and sets of textures for every single one (1 for each body type/gender combination)

NPC exclusive sets will only have the 1, so even if you found the assets in the game, you'd only find it for the one body type/gender.

The sad thing is, all the "extra bits" are just attached to the main armour set and would be insanely easy for them to release a set that did not have those attachments (or even for the players to remove them if they weren't so touchy about discussing client modding on the forums)

Something to keep in mind is that for PC armour, there are 8 models and sets of textures for every single one (1 for each body type/gender combination)

NPC exclusive sets will only have the 1, so even if you found the assets in the game, you'd only find it for the one body type/gender.

It's actually worse than that, since player gear also comes in two versions, one for normal play, one for cut-scenes. (No, they aren't the same models, nor the same textures.) NPCs that don't appear in cut-scenes don't need that extra version, although they probably have it, on a "just in case" basis.

It's actually worse than that, since player gear also comes in two versions, one for normal play, one for cut-scenes. (No, they aren't the same models, nor the same textures.) NPCs that don't appear in cut-scenes don't need that extra version, although they probably have it, on a "just in case" basis.

Which, I believe, is where that bug from a couple years ago came in; the one where armor sets that had different appearances for each faction randomly changed faction during cutscenes and conversations...

Which, I believe, is where that bug from a couple years ago came in; the one where armor sets that had different appearances for each faction randomly changed faction during cutscenes and conversations...

That and the weirdness with the sleeve on the "Look Like Rey" armour set, but I first saw it when experimenting with the play experience on a new Bitraider installation that had not yet finished downloading general content. The bits and pieces came in progressively, but:

* The missing pieces were different in cut-scenes compared to in-game.

* The no-texture-yet colour was hot-pink in the open world, and a shiny medium grey in cut-scenes.

* Before the helmet *shape* was downloaded (of the Tactical Infantry set), the in-game substitute shape was almost right, while the cut-scene version was a flat plane at the height of my character's shoulders, which also hid his head. Private Farn didn't even blink when faced with Roland the Headless Thomson Gunner...