Please explain what the "target" is for companions and level sync for us to test

klizilii

I really don't get what we're supposed to be saying on the adjustments to level sync and companions.

Companions are WAY weaker than in 6.x expansion no matter what gear I wear. Solo content is still harder in blue 326 gear with augments than previous 306 endgame gear.

What reference am I supposed to use? How much harder is content supposed to be in the current PTS compared to the previous expansion?

I've noticed a slight buff to companions and they are doing a bit better in scaled and level 80 content, but they are still significantly weaker than the previous expansion. So what's the target you're aiming for? Why do we have no idea of what your target was for companions since they are so different from the previous expansion?

I agree. It would be so much easier for them to just revert stuff to 6.x: level sync style (scale other stats but not tertiary stats like alacrity), and whatever they did to companions in 6.x. Instead, we do get a fix but it is not even close to the 6.x scaling and companions.

The only way I think this could work is somehow we use parsing data for companions defeating a training dummy. I'm not even sure if this exists. Then, we test the 7.x companion on the same training dummy and parse it. Sounds like a lot of work and I'm not sure if companions are similar in dps, hps and tanking. Again, reverting to exactly where we were in 6.x would solve this.

Edited by afwhoefuwov

IThe only way I think this could work is somehow we use parsing data for companions defeating a training dummy. I'm not even sure if this exists. Then, we test the 7.x companion on the same training dummy and parse it. Sounds like a lot of work and I'm not sure if companions are similar in dps, hps and tanking. Again, reverting to exactly where we were in 6.x would solve this.

It's pretty simple, previously dps companions were around 80% of what a skilled player could put out for damage. Now on PTS they're around 45% and on live they're about 30%. Companions are still almost 1/2 of the effectiveness compared to 6.0 just from a damage point of view.

I know this from parsing multiple companions in 6.x and 7.x expansions. In 6.x it was a little more work as I'd have to use a health modifier on the dummy to time how long it took to kill, but in 7.x it's right in the combat logs and you can now parse it directly.

Edited by klizilii