Any updated guides on dyes and crystals?

OddballEasyEight

It's worth remembering that *if* there are new crystals, they won't be any stronger, just different colours.

Jenta Jentara, Darth Nox, tells me that at Artifice 600 with 601+ unlocked you learn the Grade 11 "Red-Blue" crystal group that uses Grade 11 materials.

EDIT: and nothing higher than that.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

It seems we're in a limbo where there's NO way to acquire colour crystals - I'm referring in particular to crafting.

But there are wasted opportunities galore here. Everybody loves colours! They could be rewards for achievements, they could be quest rewards in their own right.

The SUPER IMPORTANT thing, in my mind, is for low level players to have access to the ICONIC red and blue crystals to emphasise that dark/light aspect of the game.

At the moment we're relying on generous/opportunist old timer who put lowbie crystals on the GTN.

It seems we're in a limbo where there's NO way to acquire colour crystals - I'm referring in particular to crafting.

But there are wasted opportunities galore here. Everybody loves colours! They could be rewards for achievements, they could be quest rewards in their own right.

The SUPER IMPORTANT thing, in my mind, is for low level players to have access to the ICONIC red and blue crystals to emphasise that dark/light aspect of the game.

At the moment we're relying on generous/opportunist old timer who put lowbie crystals on the GTN.

Plain Blue is craftable by Artifice level 1, while plain Red requires Artifice level 80. Not exactly demanding as requirements go.

It seems that I can't find any up to date guides on end-level dyes and crystals.

I had to google quite a bit to figure out that you get new dyes at 620 from the trainer.

Do you also get crystals from the trainer at a higher crew skill?

Or do you get it from somewhere else?

the current Cliff's Notes guide is:

all available crystals and dye schematics from the trainer should be visible

all available dye schematics from reputataion vendors haven't changed in several years

there are no reputation crystal schematics

"advanced" crystal schematics (RE'd from Operations drops) are no longer obtainable. Officially this is a bug, (for several years), but is unlikely to EVER be fixed because of how RE works now (only on self-crafted items)

hope you already have bounty guild rep >.> (completely overpriced and painfully slow to grind)

Yeah, since I main a BH and have been a fan of BH's since the age of like 5, I'm pretty much maxed out there :p

Right now I'm grinding GSI and Voss.

Voss is the worst since the weekly cap is so incredibly low that I max it out on basically one toon just doing the weekly and dailies in one day.