is this even possible?

jongroulx

i recently bought a lightsaber on the cartel market that i really like the looks of. i put some mods in it that i got from a vendor, but i'm finding way stronger weapons in-game. is there any way to transfer those other stats to my weapon? i'm thinking the only other option is to get mods on GTN. noob question, i know. pls bear with me, any advice is greatly appreciated

Unfortunately, if those more powerful weapons are unmoddables, there's not.

Equipment Mods - Armor, Hilts, Barrels, Mods and Enhancements - can be acquired the following ways;

• Purchasing them off the GTN
  • Buying them from the appropriate "Modification Vendor" on various planets or the fleet
  • Stripping them from dropped moddable equipment and adding them to what you like the look of
  • Crafting them using the appropriate crew skills*
  • Once you reach max level and start earning Renown, loose modifications will sometimes come in your Renown Crates
  • Bosses and Mini-Bosses in Flashpoints will sometimes drop equipment modifications

*Artiface - Hilts

Armstech - Barrels

Synthweaving and Armormech - Armor

Cybertech - Mod and Enhancements

Of course, the recipes have to be bought from the Crew Skill Trainers and the materials be owned before you can craft them, so it's not uncommon to actually out-level your crafting skill and be finding better modifications in loot...

Any cartel market weapon is likely to be moddable with:

Hilt (lighsabers) or Barrel(blasters)

Mod

Enhancement

Augment (with augmentation kit of appropriate level using an augmentation station).

You can craft all of these types of mods if you have characters with the appropriate crafting skills. It is slow, and if you buy materials, also expensive.

If you are below level 75, I recommend just going to the Fleet and buying the green Hilt/Mod/Enhance. They are cheap, and you'll be replacing them as you level in any case. With stat bolstering it really doesn't much matter what your gear stats are if leveling in story mode. It only starts to be important for endgame PvP and PvE content.

If you are at level 75, I'd recommend just running group PvE content for a week or two to get your gear to 306. Even Veteran mode flashpoints, which are super easy, will pretty much drown you in a sea of mods to put into your gear. At a guess, you could fully gear multiple characters in the time it would take to just get a 306 hilt by farming mats and crafting.

If you have giant piles of credits and can buy the mats, then that's not an issue, craft away.

The only thing I'm really crafting in terms of gear right now is Augments. Mostly because I'm a cheapskate and I don't care for the hyperinflation that the GTN has seen.