Hyde and Zeek Not Updating

Kri-gal

I have a toon that is level 80 with a gear rating of 330 where the Hyde and Zeek mission will not update when I deconstruct a 330 artifact piece. It worked fine on other toons, just won't on this one.

Anyone else having this problem?

Was it an armour piece? Implants and relics don't count toward completion of the mission.

Do you mean the 330 Artifact mission specifically?

I used an implant for the 330 prototype mission and it worked fine.

• Dev Post

Hey there!

Hyde and Zeek are surely known for their tricks, but they shouldn't be running any schemes at the moment! We aren't aware of any issues impacting Hyde and Zeek, would you be able to offer some more information?

1. Was this character on the Republic or Imperial side?

2. Do you remember any information about the 330 Artifact item you deconstructed, the name or what type of item?

3. What are the Origin Story and Discipline of the character?

If Hyde and Zeek are up to no good we'll track it down and set them straight!

Edited by CommunityTeam

Was it an armour piece? Implants and relics don't count toward completion of the mission.

Yes, relics and implants DO count, as that's the only way I was able to finish those missions; I never got any 330 Prototype/Artifact armor or weapons to be able to disassemble.

Edited by HeatRacer

The same thing happened to me: I deconstructed a prototype 330 and didn’t complete the mission. I believe it happened because I completed the mission too quickly after it was offered (I immediately tried it again with another 330 and it worked). On my Alts, I now fast travel to my stronghold, deconstruct there, and return to the fleet just to be safe (it hasn’t happened again).

Hey there!

Hyde and Zeek are surely known for their tricks, but they shouldn't be running any schemes at the moment! We aren't aware of any issues impacting Hyde and Zeek, would you be able to offer some more information?

1. Was this character on the Republic or Imperial side?

2. Do you remember any information about the 330 Artifact item you deconstructed, the name or what type of item?

3. What are the Origin Story and Discipline of the character?

If Hyde and Zeek are up to no good we'll track it down and set them straight!

They need a little [shock] (DS point +100)

On my Alts, I now fast travel to my stronghold, deconstruct there, and return to the fleet just to be safe (it hasn’t happened again).

Maybe you are doing it for convenience but for someone who might not know: you don't actually need to do the missions with alts. Mods are bind to legacy and if you don't want to wait 2 hours just insert on legacy gear.

A single toon has access to all pieces needed by dps, healer, tank with hilts and barrels so even force or tech user.

Yes, relics and implants DO count, as that's the only way I was able to finish those missions; I never got any 330 Prototype/Artifact armor or weapons to be able to disassemble.

That's interesting, because I tried it twice to confirm it, and it failed both times.

Something isn't working, then.

• 3 months later...

Hi... 

Have the same problem with my MainChar Arrassar on Tulak Hord 😞

After days of farming RedReaper I got enough resources  to upgrade an blue earpiece from 320 up to 330. 

Started the quest. 

Deconstructed to blue earpiece. 

But quest didn't complete.... 

Is it still bugged or did I something wrong???

Its sooooooo frustrating due to hours I spend on farming for nothing.... 

12 hours ago, Hadryal said:

Hi... 

After days of farming RedReaper I got enough resources  to upgrade an blue earpiece from 320 up to 330. 

Started the quest. 

The last time I did it, I used a blue implant and it worked fine. With legendary implants, you start at 326, so any blue implant that drops starts at 326. Then you only need 2 upgrades to get to 330. You have to get lucky with a blue implant dropping, but I think it's faster than grinding out the FP-1s for 5 upgrades.

Also, make sure you have the right quest. They offer two quests for 330, prototype and artifact. You need the prototype one.

Edited by ThanderSnB

• Dev Post
On 12/8/2022 at 12:21 AM, Hadryal said:

Hi... 

Started the quest. 

Hey there! Sorry to hear Hyde and Zeek don't seem to be honoring their word. We aren't aware of any issues impacting Hyde and Zeek right now, can I confirm some things with you for me to look into this?

• What Discipline is Arrassar?
  • You have the mission "Zeek's Deconstruction: 330 Prototype"?
  • You deconstructed a Supreme Decurion Earpiece?

Also to clarify since there's been question! Relics, non-legendary Implants, and Earpieces will count towards the Zeek's Deconstruction missions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

First of all: thanks for the reply! 

He's Juggernaut (Immortal) and I just canceled the Quest and started it (330 Prototype) again. Hope to finished the farming of the 804 resources to upgrade the blue 320er earpiece up to 330 soon so I can tell you what happened the second time. 

Btw thanks till now for all the reply and pms. 

Really great Community here.!!!

• Like 1

Honestly, you shouldn’t farm the 804 fp1-resources (unless you rreeeeaaaallllllly love RR ^^)… the color of the left sides (be it ear, relic or implant) doesn’t matter: when equipped with a golden 330+ legendary implant, or a green 330 ear, and so forth, at least one 330 blue left side should drop when doing a Vet RR…

Or at least you should wait for 7.2 because the starting iRating will be raised (from 320 to 324)

I just had the quest not update.

My character Kirsina Sima (Female Cathar) is a Sith Inquisitor, Assassin, Deception.

A boss dropped a Blue 326 Critical Implant while running Red Reaper so I upgraded that to 330.

I then started the mission "Zeek's Deconstruction: 330 Prototype" and then deconstructed the implant.  The quest did not react and still says to "Deconstruct the specified item".

Hey Devs, any way I can get my resources back or have the quest updated for me?

31 minutes ago, SlashesWithClaws said:

I just had the quest not update.

My character Kirsina Sima (Female Cathar) is a Sith Inquisitor, Assassin, Deception.

A boss dropped a Blue 326 Critical Implant while running Red Reaper so I upgraded that to 330.

I then started the mission "Zeek's Deconstruction: 330 Prototype" and then deconstructed the implant.  The quest did not react and still says to "Deconstruct the specified item".

Hey Devs, any way I can get my resources back or have the quest updated for me?

nm. didn't see you upgraded it to 330 before deconstructing it. That definitely sounds like a bug.

Edited by Toraak

2 hours ago, SlashesWithClaws said:

Ugh.  I put in a support ticket when it happened and got a reply back that basically said that I must have done something wrong and next time make sure I am deconstructing the right item.  And I am basically SoL.

I DID!  It was a Blue 330, I triple checked.

Take  screenshots (or video) the next time ,  just in case.

Then it'll be 99.9%  unquestionable.

• 5 months later...

I just took some screenshots after it happened to me.  I did the Jedi Knight guardian origin story, have 2nd combat style, have the mission in log and deconstructed a purple Thrysian relic got no materials from the deconstruction, I am at the tech fragment limit.  Just gone and no mods for sale. I just checked my screenshots folder it's all there...

Edited by DemarMarnine

6 hours ago, DemarMarnine said:

I just took some screenshots after it happened to me.  I did the Jedi Knight guardian origin story, have 2nd combat style, have the mission in log and deconstructed a purple Thrysian relic got no materials from the deconstruction, I am at the tech fragment limit.  Just gone and no mods for sale. I just checked my screenshots folder it's all there...

Where you trying the 330 or the 336?

Thyrsian only gets up to 332, so it cannot be used for the current 336.

And just in case, did you put the piece in the descontruction side or in the destruction side of the window?

Also, i recomend spending some tech fragments. There is no need to waste, if you have no more use for them on implants/tacticals, buy rpm/oem and you can make good credits selling.

Hi, In my mission log it has Artifact 332, I abandoned the previous mission and reaquired the mission the night before just to make sure. Previous (abandoned) mission was for 330 prototype. I clicked on deconstruct icon in inventory and right clicked on the relic so it automatically chooses. I just tried with another relic if I try to move it to the deconstruct side it says I have insufficient skill level. it doesn't specify the type of deconstruction in the mission details. The button on the deconstruction window still says deconstruct on the destroy side, not destroy.. I am training artifice i wonder if this has anything to do with it? If you try to deconstruct an item not of your crew skill is goes in the destroy side and says you lack the skill, again nothing specified in the mission details about crew skills. I had a look at a Youtuber doing the mission He only had the one deconstruct window, if I try with an implant it does go in the deconstruct side of the window. I'm pretty much not willing to regrind an item out to deconstruct it in either window to complete the mission at this point it's sort of a deal breaker. I saw that in previous posts others had completed the mission with a relic before, i checked online several times before I deconstructed it to make sure.. Nothing stopping Hyde and Zeek mission details telling you to not use a relic if this is the case.

I don't understand rpm/oem but it sounds like a good idea..

Edited by DemarMarnine

It should work with relic, and i did it with that on a toon that does not have Artifice; so crew skills should not count.

Just in case, even if it is for the 330 mission, don't use the PvP gear. Use FP or Operations gear. I do recomend going for 336 prototype first, no point in doing the 330 when 336 is just 3 more upgrades.

2 hours ago, DemarMarnine said:

The is a vendor (i think is in the room adjacent to hide a seek) that sells a lot of stuff for Tech Fragments. RPM/OEM are gold rare mats used for crafting gold augs. They still sell for several millions on GTN (last night in Star forge was 80 mill each)

4 hours ago, DemarMarnine said:

Hi, In my mission log it has Artifact 332, I abandoned the previous mission and reaquired the mission the night before just to make sure. Previous (abandoned) mission was for 330 prototype. I clicked on deconstruct icon in inventory and right clicked on the relic so it automatically chooses. I just tried with another relic if I try to move it to the deconstruct side it says I have insufficient skill level. it doesn't specify the type of deconstruction in the mission details. The button on the deconstruction window still says deconstruct on the destroy side, not destroy.. I am training artifice i wonder if this has anything to do with it? If you try to deconstruct an item not of your crew skill is goes in the destroy side and says you lack the skill, again nothing specified in the mission details about crew skills. I had a look at a Youtuber doing the mission He only had the one deconstruct window, if I try with an implant it does go in the deconstruct side of the window. I'm pretty much not willing to regrind an item out to deconstruct it in either window to complete the mission at this point it's sort of a deal breaker. I saw that in previous posts others had completed the mission with a relic before, i checked online several times before I deconstructed it to make sure.. Nothing stopping Hyde and Zeek mission details telling you to not use a relic if this is the case.

Maybe try a different item type, like Bracers? Bracers should be pretty cheap to upgrade. Do you have any other Hyde & Zeek missions? Empty quest log of all of them except the one you are working on.

332 is fine if you are PvP-only. If you want to do PvE and PvP, do the 336 one. It will downscale to 332 when you do Warzones.