Legendary Items Feedback

CommunityTeam

• Dev Post

With PTS now live, you can help test Legendary Items!

Please answer the following questions:

• Do you feel there's a good mix of options for each combat style?
  • Does one stand out as a clear best or not so great? Please explain why.
  • Are there any other old set bonuses you'd like to see on Legendaries?

Feel free to answer in as much detail as possible to help us understand your thought process and line of thinking.

Thank you!

Edited by JackieKo

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think some of the legendary items are missing descriptions of what they do exactly some of the implants for my discipline (darkness) are showing just the stats despite having similar names to current set bonuses. I'm also unable to find any earpiece within the legendary items vendor.

looking at the Virulence sniper Legendary items, all I see is 5 implants and 4 of those do not show any description, only stats.. The vendor does not show any ear pieces for me to look at either.

A friend told me that there are only implants on this build of the PTS. Same friend told me the broken sniper legendaries you mentioned should be:

Takedown Damage Buff

One that provides an energy benefit if using cover

A Laze Target Cooldown reduction

A generic Agent leggo thats basically the probe tech set bonus from live -> AoE Shield Probe

Hi folks,

Thanks for reporting the missing Legendary Earpieces.

There is an error in our latest blog regarding Legendary Items, there are no Legendary Earpieces with 7.0. We will update our blog to mirror this change.

So you are moving set bonus to legendary items, but are launching the expansions this happens in without all of the legendary items?

This deal is getting worse all the time.

Edited by MaximusRex

Not a question about Legendary Items per se but rather the phasing out of existing Set bonuses.

1) It has been stated that set bonuses will be inoperative from level 76 onwards but I request that this is reconsidered and that the bonuses become inactive from ascension to level 80.

I find it irritating to put it mildly that you create a time/resource sink that becomes immediately useless the moment a new expansion is announced and negates the hard work that has been put into the game by players. Whilst I accept that it is the nature of an MMO to force players to constantly seek new equipment grades at each new release I feel it is unnecessary harsh to remove the effectiveness of old sets, especially those that are specifically designed to help players grind xp/renown.

Two obvious candidates are:

i. the Victors Set which increases uptime by providing constant health top ups whilst butchering mobs;

ii. the Victorious Pioneer Set awarded for diligent participation in your own Light vs Dark event and whose only purpose is to increase awarded experience by up to 40%. That's to say its ONLY value is to help players level up! A counter-argument will no doubt be made that it can still be used for levelling alts but I've been playing this game since launch nigh 10 years ago and my roster is already full of alts I don't play, many created coincidentally during the afore-mentioned Light vs Dark event. I'm not creating anymore especially now that PvP has been scrunched into two camps. Max level and then everyone else. Maybe it is more accurate to say max level and then everyone else so long as they are close to being max level.

2) I admit that I may have missed the announcement but has anyone said anything regarding Tacticals and their continued use in the new 7.0 rule set or are they also going to be phased out after a very short existence?

In synopsis? Please don't penalise existing effort unnecessarily harshly.

Teraka

They're pretty underwhelming for 'legendary' items, just the parts of the existing set bonuses but put onto items.

Also I got regular implants dropping as gear when running flashpoints, which seems superfluous when everyone will be running legendary items.

Please remove Accuracy from Legendary Items. Think about PvP.

I may suggest, slightly different. Have all of the Legendary items (Implants) have a version for each alac, accuracy, and critical. This way someone can not only choose the Legendary bonus they want, but also allow for the correct stats on that item.

Please ensure the most important set bonus is available in 7.0...

THE VICTORS set bonus, with the healing on mob death, is imperative for fast clearing flashpoints and other 4 person content. This is the single-most important set bonus outside of operations for the removal of 'regenerating between pulls' or 'only pulling 1 trash group instead of 6'... it's really effective at what it's for, that is to ensure more FUN can happen.

This bonus needs to be available!

I may suggest, slightly different. Have all of the Legendary items (Implants) have a version for each alac, accuracy, and critical. This way someone can not only choose the Legendary bonus they want, but also allow for the correct stats on that item.

Even better

Not having earpieces (which were supposed to be utility based) sucks considering the current legendary items aren't anything new - hopefully we get a lot of new ones over the next year. I was really looking forward to getting some more interesting healing bonuses but I guess that will have to wait.

We also still don't know which tacticals we will have access to and many of the combat styles on the PTS don't have a tacticals vendor - making it impossible to properly test with or without them.

:rak_02:

Not a question about Legendary Items per se but rather the phasing out of existing Set bonuses.

1) It has been stated that set bonuses will be inoperative from level 76 onwards but I request that this is reconsidered and that the bonuses become inactive from ascension to level 80.

I feel it is unnecessary harsh to remove the effectiveness of old sets, especially those that are specifically designed to help players grind xp/renown.

Two obvious candidates are:

i. the Victors Set which increases uptime by providing constant health top ups whilst butchering mobs;

ii. the Victorious Pioneer Set awarded for diligent participation in your own Light vs Dark event and whose only purpose is to increase awarded experience by up to 40%.

In synopsis? Please don't penalize existing effort unnecessarily harshly.

Teraka

Yea I mean several in the General SWTOR thread's saying while they like you can choose SETs from the Earpiece, and Implants they limit it only to the first Implant--so it's 2 not 3 set bonus. At least the Dev's have since clarified it applies to both Implants just not the earpiece so still 2 just not 3 set bonus. Not great, but it is what it is... :eek:

https://i.imgur.com/dRxnDrt.png

I'm also surprised old gear doesn't work from 75-79, and then the SET bonus only goes inactive at 80. As that's what they did with the old 70-74 gear. I like many others FIND this not very nice, friendly, or ideal.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I sincerely HOPE they reconsider ADDING a 7 piece SET bonus to new 80 Armor, despite all their 'claims' this is a good thing for flexibility &/or...

The reality is for YEARS what armor you have, offered SET bonus that made sense to that Class. And it still would if they played a particular Combat Style. Saying armor can now be customized, well outfit's already offer that; so Armor offers nothing except having one that's adaptive to wear. It won't matter if we wear blue/purple/orange/gold armor as long has it is adaptive and has armor, mod's, enhancements -- new gear has little significance except as an outfit.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I've been feeling disappointed for a majority of announcements and I prefer like many to be far more excited, or looking forward to changes; rather than viewing as a step or two backward! Maybe as they reveal more, that will change... ? :rolleyes::(:o yet was FAR (factor of 5x) more excited with 6.0 updates, and mostly been disappointed by whom is running the 7.0 team!!!

Edited by Strathkin
Grammar

Several of the Scoundrel implants are missing descriptions, so it's hard to say. I do like the no-energy-Upper-Hand-refunded-Bushwack bonus. I notice that there's a semi-equivalent one for Tactician that gives the old school damage boost with Upper Hand, but none that do the increased max stacks of Upper Hand (again, assuming that isn't one with a missing description). Some clarification on that front might be nice.

2) I admit that I may have missed the announcement but has anyone said anything regarding Tacticals and their continued use in the new 7.0 rule set or are they also going to be phased out after a very short existence?

I think BioChris mentioned that some tacticals would be sticking around. I believe it was in the Aviriia interview on youtube sorta recently.

I think BioChris mentioned that some tacticals would be sticking around. I believe it was in the Aviriia interview on youtube sorta recently.

Wrong interview but yeah, they said that some would be sticking around but don't expect them to and 10% or so would be baked into abilities. After that we've heard nothing, which is why I've mentioned it in practically every feedback post.

They're pretty underwhelming for 'legendary' items, just the parts of the existing set bonuses but put onto items.

Also I got regular implants dropping as gear when running flashpoints, which seems superfluous when everyone will be running legendary items.

I think that's normal. Similar to how you get Shatek armor drops currently that have no set bonus. So expect there to be implants/earpieces that aren't 'legendary' as norm. Then there will probably be 1 legendary drop from last boss of flashpoint/operations etc.

Remember that you only need to collect it once. Unlike the set bonus where you needed 6 different pieces to get the bonus. So I assume, farming one legendary would be equivalent to farming 4 piece or 6 piece set bonus.

Edited by Akushii

Many commenting, or asking about the loss of Legacy BUFF's we worked very hard to earn unlocking 8 different character class.

While some have suspected, it's being moved into a passive (ability) that only buff your characters!

While in the past you could also BUFF member's of your party when you target group member, or enemy player. I mean most are ACCEPTING of not giving the BUFF to players who haven't earned it; despite the change. Yet taking something away we worked very hard to earn isn't very nice!

Nothing has been shown or communicated about this either... Another reason to be sad for 7.0! :(:rolleyes::eek:

▬▬▬▬▬

Where is the good news with the 7.0 update, your TEAM need's to be forced to play & listen to while they work for the next few weeks...

Edited by Strathkin
Grammar

Many commenting, or asking about the loss of Legacy BUFF's we worked very hard to earn unlocking 8 different character class.

While some have suspected, it's being moved into a passive (ability) that only buff your characters!

While in the past you could also BUFF member's of your party when you target group member, or enemy player. I mean most are ACCEPTING of not giving the BUFF to players who haven't earned it; despite the change. Yet taking something away we worked very hard to earn isn't very nice!

Nothing has been shown or communicated about this either... Another reason to be sad for 7.0! :(:rolleyes::eek:

Where is the good news with the 7.0 update, your TEAM need's to be forced to play & listen to while they work for the next few weeks...

Yeah, I just found this out. VERY upset about this change. And worse? NO COMMUNICATION ABOUT IT. Very sad and disappointing. :mad:

Also......can we get clarification on the legendary earpieces or not? I have heard that they are not actually true and the devs misspoke? And its just 2 implants? I am very confused and the earpieces are not on the vendor.

Of the rest of the legendary implants I can read, seem fine. Although if there are any missing, please add them.