5.10.3 update laggy?

Oh! One thing I did not make clear in my post that I want to call out. This removal is only temporary. We really like everyone to be able to earn conquest points via XP from this change, we just need to resolve the performance issues. It is our intent that this will be put back in in a future update.

-eric

For what it is worth, I'm unable to log in at any server, without being placed in a (long) queue.....

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh! One thing I did not make clear in my post that I want to call out. This removal is only temporary. We really like everyone to be able to earn conquest points via XP from this change, we just need to resolve the performance issues. It is our intent that this will be put back in in a future update.

-eric

Please make it sooner than later, or never Eric. :)

If the problem is actually in what they suspect it is, it is due to the number of people doing it at a singular point, I suspect it overloaded the servers. Hard to stress test actual people playing

Well stress test is hard but i never seen them doing any stress test ever. You can see wow is doing stress tests constantly, but not a single time on this game. Having occasional issues are ok but after all these years they should know better how to test things and delivr a decent patch.

Yes unexpected things can happen on live server in any mmo but not on every *********** patch. They break the game even they dont even add a major thing or when they dont even make any changes. Occasionally having issues is acceptable but having issues everytime is not. They have to learn how to test things. And dont forget they took one more week to ensure they deliver a quality product. LMAO

Every MMO I've ever played has had some kind of patch issues after going live. Every patch. Which is why there's usually a second patch the very next day. I mean, even Windows has that happen every patch, lol.

Every MMO I've ever played has had some kind of patch issues after going live. Every patch. Which is why there's usually a second patch the very next day. I mean, even Windows has that happen every patch, lol.

WoW pulled off the live start to Battle for Azeroth flawlessly. As soon as that counter ticked down, boom. You could start the entire new expansion's worth of content with no server downtime at all.

...Of course, BfA sucks, but whatever.

Is there going to be a shut down then?

He just said they would have to "restart the servers" in a couple hours --->http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9734505#edit9734505

---

How can you manage to break things every update? Really this **** is getting really annoying. How about actually testing things before releasing it? I am sure you have a QA team right?

Posts like yours are so amusing, cuz they're so darn clueless lol

PTS has a fraction of players as the LIVE servers do, so bugs like the one today are rarely ever to be discovered unless/until that code goes 'Live' (when the servers are bombarded with 1000's of players at once, resulting in the 'game' having to process 1000's upon 1000's of bits of data that never would've gotten processed so drastically on Test Server)

This the nature of MMO's and we all sign-up for it, whether we like it or not. :cool:

But go ahead and QQ and rage more, like an entitled baby-fied "customore!", cuz it's just oh so helpful. /roll-eyes

Edited by Nee-Elder

Oh thank god! Subscription renews today, but luckily I hit cancel subscription before that. Maybe next time this fall Biofail, but we both know how that'll turn out.

I'm sure "Biofail" won't miss you, Mehwe. I know that nobody on the forums will miss this kind of tantrum.

I'm sure "Biofail" won't miss you, Mehwe. I know that nobody on the forums will miss this kind of tantrum.

I will. Salty entitledness makes these patch day hiccups all the more amusing, probably because I would've been there myself 20 or so years ago in the early days of EQ when I was still in high school.

this post right here basically describes the "Entitled Millennial attitude" in one paragraph...

Overreact much?!?

Oh how entitled of me, expecting to get what I paid for in the time they said it would take. You're a moron and that attitude has gotten our nation in serious economic trouble.

And for the record, I'm so entitled and whiny that I'm deployed and restricted to compound. So when I'm not PTing or standing post, I'd like to play the game that I pay for.

Edited by jzachariahg

Yes unexpected things can happen on live server in any mmo but not on every *********** patch. They break the game even they dont even add a major thing or when they dont even make any changes. Occasionally having issues is acceptable but having issues everytime is not. They have to learn how to test things. And dont forget they took one more week to ensure they deliver a quality product. LMAO

The problem is when they test things on the PTS, they have to rely on people to test it and most people will not take the time to go to the PTS to test anything. Yes, I have gone and when I do find a but on something I let them know, especially if it is part of the content I enjoy playing. I have played on the PTS quite a bit, except when the content they are testing is PVP.

The more people that test on the PTS the more likely they could catch some of these bugs that seem to slip though as there is not enough people on the PTS to test things like lag.

This removal is only temporary. We really like everyone to be able to earn conquest points via XP from this change, we just need to resolve the performance issues. It is our intent that this will be put back in in a future update.

Thanks, this is great news. :)

I'm also on Satele Shan and experiencing lag and long waits for everything. Just logging in took a 2 or 3 minutes. The first attempt I was sent to the server list and couldn't log in to the server at all (several minutes of waiting) so I had to quit and try again, Then it still took a while to log in on the second attempt.

Just hanging in my stronghold now and Mail doesn't work. Items fro GTM take seconds to register a click to buy them.

Edited by trakmiro

Man, all the pi$$ and vinegar coming from you people is hilarious.

They tried to get a change in early for us to enjoy because so many people (myself included) have been driving the BMW (Bi***, Moan, Whine) machine since 5.8 about Conquest. They drop something that is actually pretty amazing for those of us that have been disgruntled about the conquest changes, and they didn't anticipate the performance issues caused by the additional calculations.

For all of you out there that are full on developers, or IT professionals, step forward and make something better. If you can't, or won't, then keep quiet.

I know there are some IT people out there, we have had discussions before about integration testing, rollback prep, regression testing, proper UAT, and promotion to production.

You pay to play a game, I get it. Your boss pays you to do work. When you are perfect at your job come back and then complain. If not, again, keep quiet.

Oh how entitled of me, expecting to get what I paid for in the time they said it would take. You're a moron and that attitude has gotten our nation in serious economic trouble.

And for the record, I'm so entitled and whiny that I'm deployed and restricted to compound. So when I'm not PTing or standing post, I'd like to play the game that I pay for.

I mean, you could ask for a 50 cent refund if it makes you feel better.

The problem is when they test things on the PTS, they have to rely on people to test it and most people will not take the time to go to the PTS to test anything.

To be fair, I do not remember this particular change being on the PTS. But yes, even if it was, there wouldn't be enough of a volume of people playing for the performance issues to become clear, probably.

You're a moron and that attitude has gotten our nation in serious economic trouble.

Guy's probably not a moron, and 'serious economic trouble' depends on whether you consider a consistent economic growth over the last 30 years (barring '91, '08, and '09) of ~2% to be bad.

But simple things like that which are easily Googled are no match for a good, red-faced hyperbolic argument, huh?

Hey folks,

A few updates! As you have noticed the queue and latency issue has returned on Star Forge. Also, it is starting to occur on Darth Malgus as well. We think we have isolated what is causing this issue and are working on a fix.

The change that we made where a % of XP earned is converted to conquest points is what is causing the performance issues that you are seeing. In order to address this we are going to need to revert that change later today. To account for this we are going to once again increase the Guild bonus, basically we will revert these changes from 5.10.3:

• A percentage of all experience earned is now converted into Conquest Points.
  • The multiplier for earning Conquests points in a Guild has been reduced to 2x (down from 3x).

We will need to restart all servers briefly to apply this fix and will happen in the next couple of hours once we have the fix tested and ready. I will share more details on maintenance timing once I have it.

Thanks all.

-eric

Thanks for keeping us posted! :)

To be fair, I do not remember this particular change being on the PTS. But yes, even if it was, there wouldn't be enough of a volume of people playing for the performance issues to become clear, probably.

That's because it wasn't on the PTS version that I logged into.

And they WOULD have noticed something, even with only 20 people on PTS. When 20 people start causing server activity of 80, it should absolutely get noticed.

And the "entitled millennial attitude" is largely based on bantha poodoo, they're blamed for anything and everything and you using it to generalize makes you no better than the whiner you quoted. Nothing to see here, folks! Normal Swtor forum-going.

Not millenial, I would say generation Z whining! :D It is pathetic how people can not give up the game for couple of hours. Go take a walk, on a date, something .... :D Happens with most MMO's during patching, can be very unexpected. To those who whine, get a life!

The problem is when they test things on the PTS, they have to rely on people to test it and most people will not take the time to go to the PTS to test anything. Yes, I have gone and when I do find a but on something I let them know, especially if it is part of the content I enjoy playing. I have played on the PTS quite a bit, except when the content they are testing is PVP.

The more people that test on the PTS the more likely they could catch some of these bugs that seem to slip though as there is not enough people on the PTS to test things like lag.

You cannot tests this issue on PTS unless you have population equal to actual servers, if this is actually caused by something akin to DDoS attack, where you flood the hardware with so many requests, it stops responding.

Guy's probably not a moron, and 'serious economic trouble' depends on whether you consider a consistent economic growth over the last 30 years (barring '91, '08, and '09) of ~2% to be bad.

But simple things like that which are easily Googled are no match for a good, red-faced hyperbolic argument, huh?

I consider a growing total debt number in the 20 trillions serious economic trouble. But simple things like that which are easily Googled are no match for a good, narrow microeconomic view of what will inevitably be a considerably larger problem.

Man, all the pi$$ and vinegar coming from you people is hilarious.

They tried to get a change in early for us to enjoy because so many people (myself included) have been driving the BMW (Bi***, Moan, Whine) machine since 5.8 about Conquest. They drop something that is actually pretty amazing for those of us that have been disgruntled about the conquest changes, and they didn't anticipate the performance issues caused by the additional calculations.

For all of you out there that are full on developers, or IT professionals, step forward and make something better. If you can't, or won't, then keep quiet.

I know there are some IT people out there, we have had discussions before about integration testing, rollback prep, regression testing, proper UAT, and promotion to production.

You pay to play a game, I get it. Your boss pays you to do work. When you are perfect at your job come back and then complain. If not, again, keep quiet.

Majority here know nothing of nothing! :D They are here cause their mom doesen't check her credit card balance often enough. So the one night parents are out of the house, BW dares to patch, what horror!