Target Markers on Quickbar

CheesyEZ

I see there are target marker key binds, but I want to put the markers on a quickbar. I haven't found any way to do this, so I thought I'd check-in here to see if I missed something or that it's not possible.

Thanks in advance.

To clarify, I assumed you were talking about the target symbols (target, flame, blaster, etc) that you can put on individual targets, but the above reply seems to be about the 'tactical' target symbols (dps, tank, heal) that you can place on the ground where you want teammates to position themselves.

I assume the latter ones (tactical) can be placed on a skill bar, but the 'target' ones probably can't be, since there's no 'icon' for them. (But I don't know.)

But, which is it?

Edited by JediQuaker

I'm asking about the yellow target, blue shield, red flame, orange gun, green saber hilt, yellow star(?)...I might have forgotten one or two. anyway, the target markers that go above someone's head.

I didn't know about the legacy things as my legacy is quite low, and they sound interesting, so I learned something :D, but I'm asking about the things above players' heads.

I'm asking about the yellow target, blue shield, red flame, orange gun, green saber hilt, yellow star(?)...I might have forgotten one or two. anyway, the target markers that go above someone's head.

You can left-click on an NPC to target them and then right-click their portrait to place a marker.

right clicking the portrait is literally the worst possible way to mark. it means hovering through a couple cascading menus in the middle of a fight.

i know you can bind the markers to specific keys, but I don't have any convenient binds. i do have plenty of empty quick bar slots available though. so i'm specifically asking if there's a way to put them on the quick bars. i know how to do it for wow but not sure about swtor or if it's even possible.

the idea here is that right clicking portraits is ridiculously slow and direct key binds are the fastest but clicking a quick bar after tabbing a target is a good middle ground that doesn't require mapping/remembering a new keystroke

Edited by CheesyEZ

right clicking the portrait is literally the worst possible way to mark. it means hovering through a couple cascading menus in the middle of a fight.

the idea here is that right clicking portraits is ridiculously slow and direct key binds are the fastest but clicking a quick bar after tabbing a target is a good middle ground that doesn't require mapping/remembering a new keystroke

I fully understand what it is you're asking, but, on the other hand, maybe you're going a bit overboard with the targeting. I mean, mostly the only time I (or the group leader) puts a target on something is 'before' a fight, not during it. 🙂

In any case, I can't see any way to put the targets on a skillbar (yet).