What is more to come in 2022 and beyond 7.0

Gibonski

Hello fellow players.

As we all got the vague idea of what will become available as far as content is concerned, do you think that we will get another operation within this xpac?

Following what Keith has said, in a not very detailed (as always) post:

After the dramatic conclusion of 7.0 on Elom, you’ll continue to unravel the mysteries of Darth Nul, join the erupting civil war among the Mandalorian clans, and discover the true objective Darth Malgus is pursuing.

Honestly building up Malgus again and hyping the conclusion of his story, I would be greately disappointed if we get to beat him in a flashpoint. Can we really go back to the time when we get 2 raids in one xpac? Or are my hopes high in the sky? I know we will get one more mandalorian flashpoint, and he mentioned some new areas... I was thinking of them adding new planets and daily areas in this regard, where we will have tons of missions and secrets like it was before.

The dread masters arc was one of my favourites in the game and I cannot look differently at something new that is added than through a prism of that content.

Will we actually get a big surprise following the release? How long will they keep us in the blind regarding all the exciting stuff that they teased with 10th year anniversary. So far we didn't get anything in game. Will 7.0 amend these, how long will we have to wait for them to give us any more info regarding our game. We players need to stay motivated and hyped and So far we got an opposite of that. As many players just straight up hating 7.0.

Also this:

Operations will be divided into two categories: Legacy Operations and Current Operations.

Legacy Operations, or all Operations not introduced in the Legacy of the Sith expansion cycle, will allow upgrades with item rating caps determined by difficulty.

Have they used plural form because we will get more than one operation in 7.0? Or was it just a typo? Time will tell but we should get excited. As far no one is teasing new things and responding to the feedback so we, players should do that for them. Swtor is our game and let's make it amazing!

I welcome you all to post your theories, have a general discussion about what will come into the game past 7.0 and where do you see yourself in this universe once 15th of February drops new stuff.

Edited by Gibonski

If they continue this direction of pushing players to do operations, I could see them doing something like the Dread Masters and having the conclusion of the story require completing an operation. They haven't done that since Oricon, but that seems to be the direction they are going this expansion.

For story, I think it depends on Darth Nul or some plans he put in motion. Maybe it's a threat to the galaxy that Darth Malgus is trying to stop, or maybe it's some kind of power that Darth Malgus wants to use to take over the galaxy. He tried to create a new empire before, so I wouldn't put it past him to attempt it again.

The mandalorian story is a side story to bring in fans of the Mandalorian and Boba Fett shows. The shows brought in new players and Bioware wants to cater to them a little bit. I've got nothing against that. The story may end up really good and interesting. I think there's a couple directions they could go with the mandalorian story. They could go the predictable route with Shae Vizla shutting down the uprising and regaining control of all the clans, or they could tie everything together. Maybe Shae Vizla decides to retire, the player becomes the new Mandalore, the clans are absorbed into the Alliance, and the whole Alliance fights to stop Darth Nul, Darth Malgus, or the threat to the galaxy.

Due to the 7.0 delay, I think there will only be 7.1 in 2022, probably in the 4th quarter (October - December), and 7.2 won't be until 2023. If they add a second operation this expansion, it would be in 7.2. Patch 7.1 could add a new flashpoint, 7.2 could add the second operation, and 7.3 could add a new planet and daily area. If things go like Onslaught, there won't be a 7.4.

Quite sure the Malgus storyline won't end with 7.0, I think they mentioned that somewhere.

What's sure is that we're getting a daily area and one Op. They haven't said anything about anything else yet, but they said we would get updates all year, so we can hope (I doubt it will be an Op though, with their history).

Guessing more flashpoints to finish the Malgus/Mando storylines.

But the fact that they delayed 7.0 two months is going to delay everything else, but as long as it was planned, we'll get it eventually..

Edited by Pricia

Why are we worried about Malgus? We beat an immortal Force ghost who eats galaxies.

This is one (of many) problems with the hackneyed KOTET storyline. It inflated the scale to such an extent that any subsequent threat is trivial. But Malgus? How many times does he have to lose? He's getting as played out as Revan.

Why are we worried about Malgus? We beat an immortal Force ghost who eats galaxies.

This is one (of many) problems with the hackneyed KOTET storyline. It inflated the scale to such an extent that any subsequent threat is trivial. But Malgus? How many times does he have to lose? He's getting as played out as Revan.

The Emperor was the most played out, to be fair.

I'll take Malgus any time over more Mando stuff though...

The Emperor was the most played out, to be fair.

I'll take Malgus any time over more Mando stuff though...

I'm fine with both, I just wish they would stop shoving story into flashpoints. "Story" flashpoints were best as little stand alone bonus content, not main story drivers. Jack of all trades, master of none. :(

I'm fine with both, I just wish they would stop shoving story into flashpoints. "Story" flashpoints were best as little stand alone bonus content, not main story drivers. Jack of all trades, master of none. :(

^ This ^ basically. Story FPs are well and good, but not as main story drivers. As self-contained story arcs that tie into the greater story they were great and worked well in the past.

I agree, but I guess they started that with the Revan prologue and it's not going away...

Honestly building up Malgus again and hyping the conclusion of his story, I would be greately disappointed if we get to beat him in a flashpoint..

If they are going to make story concluding with an operation and no alternative for it (something they promised they'll never do again) that's where the camel's back breaks and I quit.

If they are going to make story concluding with an operation and no alternative for it (something they promised they'll never do again) that's where the camel's back breaks and I quit.

I don't think they'd dare pulling that one, lol.