Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How does BioWare feel about GSF just being used by PVE players to farm conquest?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
How does BioWare feel about GSF just being used by PVE players to farm conquest?

Ttoilleekul
06.14.2021 , 02:00 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by SeCKSEgai View Post
I had to reply to this just because it seems a bit excessive. I don't know where you get the best pilot ever to play gsf, because that's a pretty high pedestal to place anyone on. Now I'm not saying he wasn't one of the best, but that's a bold claim to make of anyone. Willie had a bit of a mythic reputation but I was just learning by the time he was on his way out. Despair also carried a reputation but they were gone before I had even played my first match. Simply put, be mindful with the declarations. I can wholly admit that neutrinos was better than me, but its not like we didn't blow each other up, he/she just happened to do it more often -- mainly because he/she paid more attention to the cooldowns than I did back then. A lot of what neutrinos could do back then no longer applies post 5.5 because the dynamic changed so dramatically. I myself had to break a lot of old habits and adapt after coming back. Yet, at the same time, my "flying style" is heavily influenced by all the elite pilots I have played against in GSF over the years.
I am not exactly surprised that you disagree with me here Roland, and I am going to leave it at that
-Luc Nodaro
Link to My Youtube channel for GSF
Always happy to offer coaching / training for GSF.

DarkTergon
06.14.2021 , 04:32 PM | #32
The thread is about "How does BioWare feel about GSF just being used by PVE players to farm conquest?"
Yet it has gone way off topic with a number of posts....but not surprisingly the mods have done nothing about it....

So back on topic, They don't care, and the reason they don't care, is because it's gotten the queue to pop a lot more...a lot, lot more. In fact, as I've stated before the gsf queue pops at most times within 15 mins, even on off peak, or 'dead' times. And that is what certain people want.
Beware, my friends, as you pass by. As you are now, so once was I
As I'm now, so you must be. Prepare, my friends, to follow me

“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”

SeCKSEgai
06.15.2021 , 01:01 AM | #33
I just left my first match in ages (intentionally early) because not only was there a group beating up my random assortment of teammates but at least one had the nerve to use a map exploit when it was already 20-5.

It's not just the new players creating issues, the old ones are far from innocent.

So yeah as long as the money comes in, there's no reason for them to address anything.
Réiyn - Maryss - Rölánd - Monéy - Retrocide - Reiyñ

Rélentless - Reíyn - Rölañd - Tàtiana

Ttoilleekul
06.15.2021 , 01:39 AM | #34
So as I said in the beginning of this post regarding GSF being used to farm CQ. NO issues. Nothing wrong with that. Bioware want participation in all aspects of the game. CQ is one such incentive to promote participation in multiple different aspects the game. Galactic Seasons is another. And while we are on topic, Galactic Seasons had a much bigger effect on the player base of GSF than CQ ever did. You can't blame Bioware for wanting all aspects of its game to have healthy populations. So how do they feel about it? I imagine they feel great about it, since it was by design. And the hope is that it will make some people realize they enjoy the mode. and try to learn it since they are going to be playing it anyway. Recent events on this forum are proof enough of that working, as am I. I joined GSF because of the Ossus incentive, and here I am now playing at a high level. So yeah, Score one Bioware. Well done.
-Luc Nodaro

TrixxieTriss
06.15.2021 , 02:31 AM | #35
I just left my first match in ages (intentionally early) because not only was there a group beating up my random assortment of teammates but at least one had the nerve to use a map exploit when it was already 20-5.

It's not just the new players creating issues, the old ones are far from innocent.

So yeah as long as the money comes in, there's no reason for them to address anything.
What is this map exploit? I don’t want to know how to do it. I just want to know how to identify it.
Do you want to be a better objective pvper?
Click here for a “How to PvP Guide”

SeCKSEgai
06.15.2021 , 02:44 AM | #36
There are at least two on the lost shipyards tdm map --- both allow the player to fire out but are fully protected by anyone trying to fire in --- unless you enter through the same hole in the terrain they did.

The easiest way to identify it is if they can fire and hit you but you can't hit them despite facing directly toward them. There's a screenshot in the gsf discord i posted in general or satele -- posting images here isn't so friendly not to mention the naming and shaming mess.

You do have to be careful not to confuse it with someone strafing around obstacles to fire and hide so its more of something you have to see up close to verify.

It's typically rare for people other than lazy bombers to bother using it - and those can generally be ignored unless you have teammates that keep falling for it
Réiyn - Maryss - Rölánd - Monéy - Retrocide - Reiyñ

Rélentless - Reíyn - Rölañd - Tàtiana

TrixxieTriss
06.15.2021 , 06:22 AM | #37
There are at least two on the lost shipyards tdm map --- both allow the player to fire out but are fully protected by anyone trying to fire in --- unless you enter through the same hole in the terrain they did.

The easiest way to identify it is if they can fire and hit you but you can't hit them despite facing directly toward them. There's a screenshot in the gsf discord i posted in general or satele -- posting images here isn't so friendly not to mention the naming and shaming mess.

You do have to be careful not to confuse it with someone strafing around obstacles to fire and hide so its more of something you have to see up close to verify.

It's typically rare for people other than lazy bombers to bother using it - and those can generally be ignored unless you have teammates that keep falling for it
Ok (checked out discord), 100% saw someone inside there the other night. Didn’t die all match and we couldn’t hit them. I tried every angle I could to look for an opening so I could shoot them.

Why doesn’t Bioware just make it an instant death box if you go in there (that would fix the problem). The same as they did in ground pvp if you hack into walls or go out of bounds, the system automatically kills you. They also shouldn’t put the fix in the patch notes so all the cheats learn the hard way by dying

DakhathKilrathi
06.15.2021 , 09:58 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Ok (checked out discord), 100% saw someone inside there the other night. Didn’t die all match and we couldn’t hit them. I tried every angle I could to look for an opening so I could shoot them.

Why doesn’t Bioware just make it an instant death box if you go in there (that would fix the problem). The same as they did in ground pvp if you hack into walls or go out of bounds, the system automatically kills you. They also shouldn’t put the fix in the patch notes so all the cheats learn the hard way by dying
While I (and I'm sure everyone else around here) would love for them to fix it, it's at least an easy problem to deal with: they can't leave, and you have no reason to get near them, so don't try to get in there. You can try telling your team that too, but 50/50 whether they're even reading.

We did get slicing changed. Maybe it's time for a thread about the broken geometry too? Since tickets alone don't appear to be enough.

TrixxieTriss
06.15.2021 , 06:53 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by DakhathKilrathi View Post
While I (and I'm sure everyone else around here) would love for them to fix it, it's at least an easy problem to deal with: they can't leave, and you have no reason to get near them, so don't try to get in there. You can try telling your team that too, but 50/50 whether they're even reading.

We did get slicing changed. Maybe it's time for a thread about the broken geometry too? Since tickets alone don't appear to be enough.
Seems like it would be an easy fix. And considering ChrisS specifically worked on GSF, it’s not like they don’t have anyone with no knowledge on the GSF coding.

Ttoilleekul
06.16.2021 , 03:35 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Seems like it would be an easy fix. And considering ChrisS specifically worked on GSF, it’s not like they don’t have anyone with no knowledge on the GSF coding.
Do you remember we said the devs have a habit of leaving GSF alone? This has in part been why its so well balanced in terms of ship / class balance and ship roles. Since the big patch in 5.5 (which in short nerfed Scouts and buffed Strikes) GSF has been largely ignored. Most regulars have been fine with this since it means the devs are not constantly screwing it up like they are with ground PVP, ruining the class balance all the time. But, the downside is that little bugs don't get fixed either. The one-way textures aren't the only one. There some lesser known ones in Iokath too. There is also a bug which makes your tier 3-5 component selections disappear randomly. So if no one has told you this, when you log in or switch toons, check your tier 3 selections on engines and shields, and your tier 4 and 5 selections on weapons. They doesn't always vanish, but when they do you really notice it. The crew passives also used to show the icon for the passives on the right hand side. That vanished with Onslaught.

We got their attention with Remote slicing. We started a petition and the devs amazingly took note and actually nerfed remote slicing. Which was a raging success. So, they can still code GSF - although it did create a minor bug in how slicing works, which again, is so minor no one really cares about it. So in the GSF community we have kind of gotten used to GSF being untouched, whether for updates or fixes
-Luc Nodaro