Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

losdia
09.14.2012 , 02:49 AM | #1401
Since SGR is apparently immanent-ish is anybody else thinking about rolling a new toon over on the Test Server? I'm thinking I may go make a new female Sahdow to power level since no matter how SGR is implemented it would be endgame for her.
"Say, Mike... Did we just do something horribly wrong?"
"Yeah, I think so."
-MST3K, Invasion USA

Uluain
09.14.2012 , 09:16 AM | #1402
Quote: Originally Posted by losdia View Post
Since SGR is apparently immanent-ish is anybody else thinking about rolling a new toon over on the Test Server? I'm thinking I may go make a new female Sahdow to power level since no matter how SGR is implemented it would be endgame for her.
That had not occurred to me, but I wonder just how immanent the content actually is. Were it actually on the horizon, I imagine they would be telling us more about it than in fact they are. Even if it were, I am not sure I want to pre-view it on the PTS. I would much prefer to encounter it as I play the game, in the normal course of events.

However, if this does show up in the Makeb PTS, I'd like to hear about it. If, in fact, it's able to be explored during testing.

Tatile
09.14.2012 , 10:12 AM | #1403
Assuming Makeb drops on the PTS, people will be all over that content (imagine ants on over-ripe fruit) and considering the coverage that people give to things on the PTS, if SGR's are available with Makeb you will probably see the PTS forum explode. I find it highly unlikely that they wouldn't have SGR's on the test server if it's part of a general content release, as that means that people will not be able to adequately test it.

Uluain
09.14.2012 , 10:31 AM | #1404
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Assuming Makeb drops on the PTS, people will be all over that content (imagine ants on over-ripe fruit) and considering the coverage that people give to things on the PTS, if SGR's are available with Makeb you will probably see the PTS forum explode.
Oh, I imagine so. In a way, I look forwards to it. There are still people (for and against) who have no idea this content is slated for eventual inclusion, and the furor will be considerable. Which sounds like an odd thing to anticipate, but I can't help feel getting the subject out in the open would be a healthier thing all around.

Tactically, isolating this topic in one thread is helpful for ease of moderation fewer trolls find it and, when they do, the mess is contained in a small area. Strategically, however, I think it is short-sighted as players will be taken by this broadside when it comes, because the subject isn't visible, and then there will be no containing it at all. But I suppose they will deal with that when it happens.

Assuming, of course, it ever does.

Tatile
09.14.2012 , 11:02 AM | #1405
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
Assuming, of course, it ever does.
And that's the unfortunate thing, isn't it? Bioware seem to be in a position thinking that they have for a time laid our worries to rest by saying "yes, that vague hand-waving statement from a little over a year ago is still current", when in fact for a large part of the population I think it's fair to say they've done nothing of the sort. All we've pretty much had is "Soon-ish(tm)" which is much the same as saying "yeah... we don't actually know anything, so could you shut and go away for a while?"

When, if, SGRA's drop with Makeb, Bioware will have to do some very extensive explanations for the wider populace as to why it's taken some gorram long, that this content is a part of Star Wars, that it is expected of EA/Bioware and no you whining about "teh children" or whatever is not a reasonable excuse for discrimination.

Just... argh. I am sick to death of this even having to be mentioned in this day and age. I was honestly hoping that we were past this. For god's sake you've got The Doctor kissing Rory on prime time family telly now-a-days! For want of a better phrase: build a bridge and get the **** over it.

stormdrakelord
09.14.2012 , 09:21 PM | #1406
I just moved over to another server and for my trooper girl (Who i have yet to make), I am perfectly fine with "closeting" her, to head canon that she does not like unwanted attention. But if they have S/S romance, I will be glad to have her openly trying to get a girlfriend.

I will wait and see how this develops.
Han Solo: Great, kid. Don't get cocky.

Uluain
09.14.2012 , 09:28 PM | #1407
Quote: Originally Posted by stormdrakelord View Post
Really, that's all any of us can do, until they tell us what they are developing.

Captain_Zone
09.14.2012 , 10:38 PM | #1408
Quote: Originally Posted by stormdrakelord View Post
I just moved over to another server and for my trooper girl (Who i have yet to make), I am perfectly fine with "closeting" her, to head canon that she does not like unwanted attention. But if they have S/S romance, I will be glad to have her openly trying to get a girlfriend.

I could see a female Trooper with Jaxo.... I'll be in my bunk.
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

Zandilar
09.15.2012 , 05:56 AM | #1409
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Just... argh. I am sick to death of this even having to be mentioned in this day and age. I was honestly hoping that we were past this. For god's sake you've got The Doctor kissing Rory on prime time family telly now-a-days! For want of a better phrase: build a bridge and get the **** over it.
Wha...?? (I presume you're talking about a recent Dr Who episode? I have not seen any of the new season yet.)

Please be careful with those spoilers. You never know who might trip over them in the dark.
Zandilar, an Australian, IN SPAAAAAAAACCCCEEEEE!!
Too many characters, most of them Chiss.

Tatile
09.15.2012 , 06:40 AM | #1410
Quote: Originally Posted by Zandilar View Post
Wha...?? (I presume you're talking about a recent Dr Who episode? I have not seen any of the new season yet.)

Please be careful with those spoilers. You never know who might trip over them in the dark.
Oh, sorry. It's not really a big thing, though, more of a "so happy I could kiss you" moment. And yes, it was Dinosaurs in Space (best episode title ever).